THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

Hopefully once you get rid of your angry hip things will improve.
Love the bit about your husband accusing you of trying to get out of post dinner clearing.

I have been to three different restaurants during my recovery period and yes, sitting down for too long is an issue. I have to stand up and walk around a bit.

Lots out and about are also interesting. A “disabled” loo can mean wider doors and grab handles either side of the loo but the thing is still standard rather than raised height. Have copedbut lesson learnt re going to the loo before going out and steady on the water when out!
 
That one has me scratching my head. :scratch:
Why do they think exercise will help. I actually went to more PT before my
THR than after. Waste of time! PT isn't going to change bone on bone OA.
Then my PT couldn't believe I struggled to get off the floor. At my worst it was difficult to get up off the floor.
I'd have to think it out, I'd move this way...nope, try another way....nope, then back to the first way....nope. I'm sure you know the drill. Then she said "You really need to work on this, it's a skill we need for life." "What will you ever do if you fall and you're alone?" Naughty words were at the tip of my tongue as I sat there helplessly looking up at her, towering over and looking down at me.

A trip to the beach sounds lovely! I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing time there. Fill us in when you get back. Would love to hear about it.
Big hugs to you!
@1stSurgery
 
@Layla, she was rattling off the exercises because she seemed so alarmed at what she called the "atrophy" of my right leg muscles! But I look at the two legs next to each other and swear....I just don't see it... They do get a bit dramatic, these doctors. Even the use of the word "atrophy", when there is at best an imperceptible difference. I will say, before I experienced the bone on bone pain, I didn't have a clue how bad it could be either. People must think arthritis is just some sort of dull headache in the joints. Take an Advil and do 30 clamshells... You'll be fine...

@SurreyGirl although it was funny about my husband, he so hates cleaning up after meals, I think he was serious! Good tip about the loo's when going out. I will keep liquid intake minimal since the public places at the beach will definitely be something to avoid...

And got it @Mojo333! Will bear in mind all the precautions, but you know by now ...I'm not one to go overboard in risky-to-hip behavior! I am no fan of pain, the inevitable result. :)
 
Labs came in with all good results! No RA, no Lupus, no autoimmune. Dr wrote back; "Just like you told me it would be!" :)

All my numbers in about 13 tests looked very good. And right hip has been calmer today so it's a GOOD day and a full moon - it's a new,a new dawn, a new world... and I'm feeelin...goooood. Mmmmm. Yeah.... MmMm

Sunday afternoon is the beach outing. There's an organic outdoor cafe right at the sand with a parking lot in front of it - so I think we'll go there. Have foam cushion will travel.
 
Sometimes just the smell and the sounds of the ocean can make me start to unwind! We live a couple of hours from the Atlantic, and like to bop down for a couple of days whenever business allows for "mini-vacays". Personally, I can get all the chill I need without having to clomp thru that messy sand which inevitably gets tracked into your car and squashed deep into the carpet, never to be truly extricated by any means whatsoever.
 
Looking forward to hearing about your day at the beach. My day at Van Dusen Gardens was followed by two days of serious rest (even including naps--the first since surgery) so make sure you 'even out' your beach day with a well-deserved rest. Rest is good. :)
 
Great news on the labs. You're perfectly perfect. Well...after Hip 2, you will be! :happydance:
Have fun at the beach tomorrow. Tell us all about it afterward.
A great evening and Sunday to you!
@1stSurgery
 
Sometimes just the smell and the sounds of the ocean can make me start to unwind!
Oh me too!
The ocean is ever so soothing...sights and smells...truly sanative !
 
Thanks @Bone-obo @An54 @Layla @Mojo333! Had a small wrinkle in the happy-week theme today, as yet one last test result came in and the doctor says my low score is an indicator of possible lupus, RA or liver issues. However, I still really don't think I have any of this. It's an immunity marker. I'm the one who can be around 10 people with the flu and not get it. My immune system is super strong, excellent. Aside from hip arthritis I've had almost no other issues. Don't even catch colds! I was a number 50 on the test where normal range is 60-144. They now want me to redo the test. Meaning another trip to the dr. I'm waiting to see if it can wait till after surgery and recovery. I do not believe I have any of these issues. But the news put a damper on the day.

Anyways ...yes @Bone-obo I agree about the wind, the smells, the sea --and don't forget the seagulls! And all that sand... Yes the problem with the beach is ....the SAND! One of my most and best favorite poems just came to mind! Do you recall "The Walrus & The Carpenter" from Lewis Carroll?
If it were only cleared away....it would be grand!
This is the beginning.


The sun was shining on the sea,
Shining with all his might:
He did his very best to make
The billows smooth and bright--
And this was odd, because it was
The middle of the night.

The moon was shining sulkily,
Because she thought the sun
Had got no business to be there
After the day was done--
“It’s very rude of him," she said,
“To come and spoil the fun!”

The sea was wet as wet could be,
The sands were dry as dry.
You could not see a cloud because
No cloud was in the sky:
No birds were flying overhead--
There were no birds to fly.

The Walrus and the Carpenter
Were walking close at hand:
They wept like anything to see
Such quantities of sand:
“If this were only cleared away,"
They said, “it would be grand!”

“If seven maids with seven mops
Swept it for half a year,
Do you suppose," the Walrus said,
“That they could get it clear?”
“I doubt it," said the Carpenter,
And shed a bitter tear.
 
I'm happy you feel confident you don't have any of the issues you mentioned above,
sometimes we just have intuition about these things, for whatever reason.
Don't let it put a damper on your fun at the beach day tomorrow.
Hugs to you.
@1stSurgery
 
Doctor got back and said I can re-test after surgery and recovery! She said apparently with this test if they don't freeze the sample right away, it can give a false low reading, which I'm sure is the case. So they can have yet more of my blood in a few months time! I suspect a secret vampire society working out of my doctors offices...

And I don't have any of those things!

Thanks guys!! You're the best!!
Does the BoneSmart cheering squad have Pom Poms and letter sweaters with a "B" on them?! :heehee:
 
Yep...and Hip Hip Hooray ! is our favorite cheer!:yay:
The sand IS lovely...so maybe you have someone who can help you to at least let the sea lap at your toes.

Have a great day!:SUNsmile:
 
Beach report!!
The cafe / restaurant we went to is right on the beach so we found a table with high directors chairs facing the views, and off came the shoes, had lunch with toes in the sand. Loved it. Was very crowded, the tables at this cafe overlook the bike trail that was packed with whirring bicyclists and various forms of scooters, runners, strollers. And one guy pushing his mom whizzing by like a racehorse in her wheelchair! Beyond that is the vollyball area in the sand and then... the beautiful sea! I even walked a small amount in the sand with no cane, (only about 20 ft) because it just felt so good. No bad repercussions from the day, except the big old chair in the sand with its sagging seat was impossible to get comfortable in ....so I stood, then sat, then perched, then stood, then sat,and so on. Bicycle rentals were directly behind us, decided to save that for post op #2.

All in all, it was glorious!! The smells and breezes, sunshine, sand, and we have the most colorful array of people in LA. One of my favorite things about the city is the diversity of people. It's like traveling the world without leaving your chair. There are always a few of your beach crazies ...who always find me and want to come chat. I can be looking down at my feet and ...up they come! I am a magnet for the coloring outside of the box types. And my friends have come to expect it. But it's all welcome after having been home for so long and not walking or mingling.

Only side effect was being very tired last night and a good nights sleep. 25 days and counting....
 
Wonderful writing! Thank you for the beach description. I live 20 miles from the Gulf and I'm dying to touch the sand! Hubby has taken me to beachside dining since surgery. I hope to be released to walk in the sand this week...

LA is definitely a very colorful city...
 
Wonderful writing! Thank you for the beach description. I live 20 miles from the Gulf and I'm dying to touch the sand! Hubby has taken me to beachside dining since surgery. I hope to be released to walk in the sand this week...

LA is definitely a very colorful city...
Good luck on your pending release! It feels so good to sink your feet into the sand, and beyond that does wonders for the microbiome to do some barefoot to earth grounding! I hope you're not anywhere in Florida near the beach die off disasters. That's a hundred heartbreaks a day seeing the images coming in from Sarasota and the coastlines. :cry:

We decided we will have a nature outing every weekend and then after second surgery once I'm able to. :)
 
! I hope you're not anywhere in Florida near the beach die off disasters. That's a hundred heartbreaks a day seeing the images coming in from Sarasota and the coastlines. :cry:

No, I live in the North Florida Panhandle, Panama City. It's terrible what's happening down there. My daughter is a Marine Biologist and is following it closely. If we do have a Red Tide Bloom here, I would stay out of the water!

We leave this Thursday camping in our RV for weekend, then leave again Sept 5 for almost 3 weeks traveling in RV. Nature is the greatest healer! I'm so ready to GO!

I bow my head to you having another hip surgery!!
 
:egypdance:so happy you had a good day

Now, assume the position!:ice:
:heehee:
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom