14 weeks out?? I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loads of female friends on here to back you up and can't have you going about doing cat impersonations hope it wasn't anything like this one below.

broken link removed: https://www.pawsonline.info/wav/angry%2001.wav
 
Nor did my TomTom! Tail fluffed up right away!
[Bonesmart.org] 14 weeks out?? I think.
 
So sorry to read what has happened Nadine.
Thinking of you :friends:
Suzie
 
My border collie ran off at a great speed as well but anyway hope you are still hanging in there Nadine. :console:
 
Lol......no forbesy....It wasn't a mad cat......lol. Very sad lonley cat more like.

I tried to play the normal life card this weekend. Went out with girlfriends to the bar fri...few drinks and dancing....(hip works great on the dance floor)....then sat I went out of town for a campout with lots of close couple friends who have always been there for me through thick and thin....it was great....but I think too soon for that emotionaly...still feel very raw......found myself fighting back tears a few times while I was t here....which of course made me uncomfortable in even being there. But they are wonderfull friends none the less.

I am not finding this any easier......monday I go for my first counseling session.....thank god....I feel like I am sliding into oblivion. Part of me just wants to kick my own *** and say get a grip....but the other part of me is wayyyy to sad and stuck in the sense that I want that man back.

Still not eating a whole lot........but forcing myself to eat something for sure. Physio is starting to suffer due to lack of motivation.....lucky if I can do once a day now. No walks right now.....aside from shopping or being out with friends like fri and sat.

And my sleep habits I think may be getting worse.......Now I know many people have commented aboaut having trouble sleeping after THR......mine started almost 2 months ago.....so I am not sure if its due to the surgery....or if its due to the increasing stress that was going on then and is so much worse now....I am avergeing about 3 or 4 hours a night about every second night.....mabye 6 hours on a good night which would be maybe every third night.

Not sure what to do about the sleep issue.
 
One step at at itme, Nadine. See the counselor first and bring up all of this. You are obviously going to need a boost to get through this "raw" period. But....hon.....you WILL get past this and on to the life you deserve.
 
Hi Nadine, I am sure the sleep problems are due to the stress you have been experiencing. As Jamie says, do mention this to at your appointment today.

Hang in there - things will get better! :friends:
 
Hi Nadine,
when I broke up with my ex it was my decision, but it was a sad one and I still felt that raw feeling when I was among 'couple friends'. They mean well, but it hurts trying to enjoy yourself with them.
After a break up it takes quite a time to feel 'normal' (whatever that is, lol!) and you can't force it. One day it just happens. And telling yourself to get a grip doesn't work either (not for long anyway).
THIS WILL GET BETTER.
Cry your heart out to that counsellor on Monday if you feel like it. That's part of what she/he is there for. :wink1:
 
Hi Nadine!
I'm so sorry to hear of your situation. I've experienced both: hip replacements and a breakup but not simultaneously :sigh:. Like Suzie said, THINGS WILL GET BETTER!!
Thinking of you, Caroline :friends:
 
Nadine (and others!) please don't leave words in your post that have been changed by the profanity filter.
You're supposed to change them as per the rules:

rule 5: If you see the profanity filter has been activated, please edit your post immediately and correct it.
Posts displaying such filters may be edited or even deleted by staff decision.
 
Hope your counselling session went ok Nadine and you got yourself some much needed sleep as well. Glad to hear your friends are there for you too.
 
Oh my gosh......Josephine and everyone . I am so sorry aboaut that.....I didn't even realise I had done it. Is it ok now....do I sitll have to go back and do something to it???

My counseling session went alright.....she told me I need to get mad here soon in order to move forward. Well I think that might be happening......but its not being directed anywhere in particular.....I just am starting to feel kinda crabby. Wether thats it or not I am not sure. A friend of mine in california has decided I need to get the heck outta dodge and go visit her for a week. So as out of sorts as I feel I am going to go for it. I have never been anywhere out of this country of mine....I love it here...but have always wanted to travel and never had the opportunity. I have never flown either....she has paid for my airfare both ways so all I have to do is show up at the airport with my documents. My family banned together and gave me some spending money which was really nice...its not much.....but then again I really am not in much of a mood to spend money.....(taking my temperature as I type).... I have a refill prescription of my hydromorph just in case I need some while I am there... I am very nervous.....but I really want to try this........I still find myself sitting down to watch tv before bruce should be home from work and I keep watchin the clock........I am leaving tomorrow (17th)...and will be back on the 25th. Hope to do a fair amount of site seing and maybe get to swim in the ocean.....will have to see I guess. Will be away for a few days all....thank you so much for all the support you have given me.....I am sorry I have been of no help to anyone as of late. Hoping this all comes full course sooner than later.
 
You fly away Nadine, well deserved break for you! It's about time you get out and enjoy your new hip away from home. Have a great time.
 
Nadine, I want you to give that friend a giant BoneSmartie hug from all of us!!! She is one teriffic person to do this for you. You are going to have a GREAT time. Since you haven't ever traveled like this, you are going to have a real adventure. And you'll see how much "world" out there is waiting for you! Go for it, girl!!! Get that MoJo back!!!
 
I agree Jamie! What a great friend! Perhaps she can help you get really mad! am so glad you are taking care of "YOU"!

You go girl :yahoo:. You've got a whole new world opening up for you!
 
It's okay, Nadine. I did it for you. And sorry to pick on you about it when you are having such a horrible time.
You know we're all here for you, don't you?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back
Top Bottom