14 weeks out?? I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, I told you I wouldn't post before what I thought of the coward, but now since eveyrthing has been confirmed, you are SOOOOO much better off without the bum Nadine.

And look at you now! New hip, nice and slender, you go and find yourself a nice new guy who will appreciate you. Focus on you now Nadine. This is a great time to be returning to work.

I totally agree with Jo. Put the bum's remaining stuff out in the street. He should have got it while you were away.

Good riddance to bad rubbish as they say! Welcome back Nadine!
 
I had a wonderfull evening out with some girlfriends last night. We watched Under the Tuscan Sun at the one girls house and had a couple drinks. Then we went out to the bar for a few more drinks and alot of dancing. I have managed to figure out the picture posting thing........I have posted the california vacay pics in the social part of the site. Check em out.
 
I'm glad you are having some fun Nadine. I'll check out your photos. I've been dancing too- isn't it great?
 
Nadine....your comments about feeling a renewed strength tell it all. Girl, you are BACK and a force to be dealt with!!! I'm so happy to hear this!!! Whoop! Whoopp!:dancy:

Jaycey makes an excellent point about Bruce seemingly wanting to torture you with his presence. And with a new girlfriend already. Man, he certainly wasted no time and my guess is she was there before anyway. What a dog.

Box up his stuff and put it on the curb the day before trash day. Then tell him he has one day to get it or it's in the dump. You don't need him coming and going in your personal space at this point. It's creepy.

There are fine times ahead for you and you don't need guys who allow you to "lose yourself" in the relationship with them. A real man will enjoy who YOU are as you rediscover Nadine over the coming weeks and months.
 
We watched under the Tuscan sun.
Well I watched under the big grey clouds in Scotland :snork:

Had a wee look at the Pics of you in California and noticed you need to paint your toe nails :th_heehee: [ only kiddding ]
Glad to hear you are having some girly fun and dancing the night away.:thumb:

Billy
 
Alright. I have forced myself to go on a couple dates. Making sure the men involved know I am just looking for some companionship and looking to make friends and nothing more. They have been very sweet and know everything I have been through. I have even had a couple offers of an escort to my sons wedding. Complete with suit, dancing and the offer of flowers...lol. I thanked them kindly but explained that I just didn't feel comfortable taking anyone to my son wedding....its just too soon. And they were very understanding. So this is my next little adventure. Finding it a little difficult because of the things I have just been through with my ex. But fighting the sadness tooth and nail with help of my friends. Hes getting married tomorrow and now that I have figured out how to post pics you can rest assured that I will be posting whatever I can get.

I was supposed to be going to winipeg for my 6 month f/u on monday the 12th. But they called the other day and have moved it to the following friday. I have a girlfriend coming with me and will drive if I cant manage the whole trip. So the 6 month check will still be a little early...but thats fine. I have worked two shifts this week....wed and fri for a whopping two hours each. They went fine. But I realised how much twisting I do when hanging on to a heavy chart. I could actually feel it in the hip. Not bad...but I could feel it. But the staff seem to be super excited to have me back and there were many hugs. But somehow my ex has managed to creep into work with me psychologically. I used to wait excitedly every time I worked. He would call me at least once and text me often. I think thats what the issue is. So I am trying to evict him from work.lol. I'll get there.
 
You WILL get there, sweetie. Just give yourself some time and remain as dedicated to getting "you" back as you are. How nice that you have found some sweet guys out there who understand. But.....understanding only goes so far, so remember that they are enjoying your company because they like you and they WANT to be with you. That's certainly saying a lot for how wonderful a person you are.
 
Nadine I agree 100% - you will get there. Just keep focusing on YOU! If there is someone out there to share things with you so be it. But you can make it on your own as well.

Glad you are back with work mates. It make like easier to have people around you. Slow and steady with that return to work now - right?

Take care Nadine! You are doing great!
 
Nadine

It's your life to do what you want with it, great to hear you are enjoying some quality time with the guys of course.
I am definitely going to have to get my son down to show me how to download pictures but keep yours coming the holiday snaps were brill so enjoy your sons wedding and watch what you are doing at work.
 
Well......bumped up to 4 hours today at work. It was a bit tedious. Our temps here have dropped by just over 10 degrees here over night. And will remain low for a while now. I went for a long walk which included a couple hills in it. My entire lower section including both hips feel very stiff and sore today. So work was a bit rougher than I was hoping. I work wed. as well for 4 hours and then am off till the following monday...will have to remember to try to take it easy.

I wore high heels for 6 hours for my sons wedding.....I danced with him at the reception in the heels..then I took them off and donned my beautifull california sandals....lol It wasn't easy.....but I managed ok.lol. No pics yet to post.
 
Natural to feel a bit stiff with more work and wearing heels to your son's wedding Nadine. Just take things slow and steady. You are doing great!
 
Great to hear you enjoyed your sons wedding and looking forward to the pic's, best to take it easy for the next couple of days with you being a bit of a party animal now. :th_heehee:
 
Ya forbesy.......my party animal status is on its way back with a vengence....lol. A bunch of girls from work want to start going out regularly....lol
 
[Bonesmart.org] 14 weeks out?? I think.


Watch out, world!!! Nadine is baaaack!!!! Good for you!
 
Nadine

So whats happened to the pic's of your sons wedding you actually need to spend a night in to get them on the social thread you do know. :loll:

Billy
 
Lmao......I know. I didn't get any myself really..the camera in my phone wasn't working properly...It went beautifully though. I will post some pics as soon as people send me some.

I have been bumped up to 6 hour shifts this week. After having a good hard tumble in my yard on thursday. I was trying to get my gate wheel unstuck after finishing yard work.....well I did get it unstuck..but then the gate and I both went. The gate stayed attached to the fence....but I on the other hand went flying....landed hard on my butt and back......Was pretty sore and just layed there for a minute cursing myself and a little afraid to move. But I got up and puttered around for a bit to see how things were working. Seemed fine but decided to go check it out with a GP anyway. He poked and prodded and pushed and pulled and said it seemed fine....the right hip was pretty sore but not the operative one. By friday night I was out dancing....lol.

My 5 month check which should have been 6 months went very well. X-rays were again taken and showed wonderfull things. The surgeon is very happy with everything except the weight loss.....its sitting at about 27 lbs now. He wants me to go and see my family doc to get some labs done and make sure everything is ok. I have had no appetite since surgery and very little to no cravings for anything. I would be curious to know if anyone else has had this happen. I wondered if it could be the fact that I am no longer taking any of the meds I did before. Other than that I am a very good girl and don't have to go back for 6 months...yayyyy :yes 4:
 
It could be because of the meds. Or it could be because you are more active. Or it could be that you're feeling better now. I would be surprised if the weight loss was anything to be worried about. But, it's always a good idea to have blood work done now and then just to be sure all is good, so that's probably something you should do. Then you won't be concerned and can enjoy the new, pain-free (well, except for those tumbles!) and thinner YOU!
 
Well done Nadine great update and yer off to have a dance with the boys, you have a great time Nadine.:thumb:
 
Hey to all the bonesmarties.

I have been bumped up to 8 hour shifts at work starting this comin week. Ummm...Yayyy me??..:scratch: Why is it all of a sudden that I really dont' wanna be there??..lol. Guess I am pretty close to being some sort of new normal......:th_heehee: WORK IS GETTING IN THE WAY OF MY SOCIAL LIFE...lol. Geeesh.....did any one else experience reverting back to their teen years when that was THE most important thing in life???.....lol My meeting with the powers that be have worked my gradual return so that I am back to work full time and on my pre surgery sechedule and back on the hospitals payroll by Nov. 4...although Long term disability has made it very clear that we do not have to rush becuase they can have me on their payroll for 2 years....which is nice to know just in case there is a set back.

Well I have been officially been discharged from physio with a slap on the wrist and a couple of pointers. A new stretching excercise which translates into just lie on yer bed.......lol. Let my left leg dangle off the side and just ...yaaa....let it stretch. He did the ROM checks and says there is still a fair amount of room for improvement there and that I just need to keep workin on it. I did have a rather strange occurance the other day....I took a couple slow jogging type steps to get out of the way of a car....lol. Apparently thats not a good thing to do...My left hip felt like it was going to implode towards the center of my body...exactly the same feeling when I firts tried going without crutches...I am hoping this is just an example of the fact that I am not done healing yet....or something along that lines.
And of course I am also having some pain in my right hip and quite a bit across my lower back and up the let flank side...but my physio guy said I can expect that for quite some time...I have always been shorter on that side...lol
But all in all........I'm doing fantastic. Dating is going well. Very laid back and relaxed...no pressure which is really nice. And no one thinks I walk with a limp at all...in fact some people at work whom I have not seen in months who did not know aboaut my surgery are shocked...and amazed.......lol...call me the poster child...lol...:hysterical:just not sure for which poster......lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back
Top Bottom