14 weeks out?? I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, sometimes the words we choose in one country, have a totally different meaning in another! I did it myself, and when it was auto-corrected, I had to ask Jo what I had said.

I was horrified by the definition that Jo gave me! Truly embarrassed to tears! Never in a million years would I have thought the word could have such a meaning in another country.

Anyway, lesson learned, but one just never knows!
 
Great to hear your off on a wee holiday for a few days you need it and enjoy the break Nadine we will hear all about it on your return.

Billy.
 
I'd post post it again, but probably be banned from BoneSmart forever :blush:!

Anyway, I think I'll let sleeping dogs lie...
 
[Bonesmart.org] 14 weeks out?? I think. Good idea....:th_heehee:
 
I was feeling so happy for you and now feel so sad. I can only hope things will work out for you, though whatever happens you will get through this as you are a strong person.
 
I long for this moment! (I'm at 6 weeks today and it seems I'll never be able to do what you have just achieved) Well done.
 
You know, sometimes the words we choose in one country, have a totally different meaning in another! I did it myself, and when it was auto-corrected, I had to ask Jo what I had said.

I was horrified by the definition that Jo gave me! Truly embarrassed to tears! Never in a million years would I have thought the word could have such a meaning in another country.

Anyway, lesson learned, but one just never knows!

I think I can guess! Vive la difference.
 
Great to hear your off on a wee holiday for a few days you need it and enjoy the break Nadine we will hear all about it on your return.

Billy.
If I recall correctly, it began with a b, forbesy. And there are about six spelling variations in the profanity filter!
:snork:
 
Sin bin for Janet Jo :wink1:

Nadine hope you are really having an absolute great time. :cocktail_martini:
 
Lmao......thanks everyone for keeping my post active......made it very easy to find again....lol I'm here......had an absolutely fabulous trip......i so have to figure out how to post pics here now...you simply have to see what I have been up to. On teh tad bit downside . Bruce came to move his stuff out just after I got back.....I thought I could handle being here.....but apparently it was a very very bad idea.....I spend the day fighting tears until he left..then was a mess. My friend told me to leave for the next day when he was coming by....so I did......it made the world of difference for me. He is coming back again on tue to pick up more stuff. And again I will go out....maybe take myself to a fine little bistro for lunch and go shopping. I also had the misfortune to almost run smack into him and his new girlfriend at a grocery store. That hurt like crazy.

I honestly thought I would gain weight once I had my hip replaced. But alas between that and the stress of the breakup I have had next to no appetite...have had to make myself eat. I have lost now 23 lbs. My work clothes don't fit and I am going back to a gradual return to work starting on the 7th of this month. I am going to welcome the return to some sort of familiar routing with open arms. We are looking at a two month return schedule and am being told to take my time....that we have two years to get me back to work according to long term disability. I have my 6 month follow up on the 12 of this month...a month early..but whatever works for the surgeon is fine by me.

Now for the really good stuff. My fantastic trip to Orange County California. The plane trip I thought I wold be terrified of was so wonderfull. I sat with my face plastered up against the window the whole flight. I am afraid of heights. By the time I made it to denver airport I was a little nervous about finding my connecting flight. But it was no problem at all. I found my gate, went and took me for a nice little salad....again...I had not been eating so it was a forced issue. Then went and found a seat at my gate.....its about 8 in the evening. I sat, snuggled down for my hour long wait and pulled out my cell phone, my reading glasses and my book. Oh my god........I felt absolutely fabulous. I felt so relaxed, so much more in control than I have in a long time, and so strong physically, mentally and emotionally. I had to text my family and friends and tell them all about it. I did some amazing things while I was there, and saw some amazing things, did alot of shopping including fredricks of hollywood....much better quality stuff than we have at our lingerie stores here..lol. And my girlfriend had me eating and drinking like crazy. Mind you it was mostly salads and seafood. We spent a day on Catalina island w hich is absolutely beautifull. She took me to the pageant of the masters in Laguna BEach......I almost drowned myself in the ocean at Malibu....I will deffinitley be traveling more often now. My hip did fabulously out there. I only needed the odd hydromorph at night if we had been walking more than usual. I only managed my physio three times w hile I was there.....but still felt fine. I have gotten back on that band wagon now that I am home adn things are starting to settle slowly. I have not had any pain meds except for last night.....just some th robbing in the leg....couple of advil and it did the trick. I will try to figure out how to post pics and will give a few more details of my trip....in the social part of the site...lol.
 
Nadine, so good to hear from you and what a fantastic trip you had! Pictures please! Here's a thread on how to post.

Just one comment - and it's my opinion only. Have you thought about why Bruce had to wait to move his things? Why didn't he do it while you were away? I agree with your friend. You don't need to keep running into him. Give him a deadline for getting his things out so you don't have to keep going through the tears.

So glad you are back. We missed you!
 
Hey Nadine

Good to have you back and great to hear you had a fantastic trip look forward to the pics if you can get them on, drowned yourself off the beach at Malibu you are so lucky [ just doesn't sound the same saying I nearly drowned of the beach at Burntisland.] :skeptical:
Nice to hear you had such a relaxing time and you are starting to get your life back into order slowly.
And that new hip stood up to the rigors of your fantastic trip.

Take Care Billy:thumb:
 
Good to see you back and great you had a good trip.

As for the other, dump his stuff on the street in binbags! :snork:
 
Welcome home Nadine, great you had such a good time away from it all. Seems like the new hardware is working well. I concur with Jo's advice, and I wish you good luck with getting back to work. Will do you good to be around people and the hustle and bustle again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back
Top Bottom