1. Between 3 and 4 and it’s mostly stiffness
Okay
2.Co-codamol 15mg/500mg x2 4 times a day
Tramadol 50mg 1 or 2 during the night as needed
Given you are only about 3 weeks out when you wrote these answers, your medication schedule is not good. I suggest you stick with the Tramadol and use this routine for your meds - paracetamol is Tylenol.
and I am assuming you factored this into your overall pain score, yes?
4. ROM 90 and don’t know what my extension is
You can assess that yourself using this procedure:
1. put your leg on a bench, seat, bed, floor or anything similar but preferably something fairly firm.
2. with not too much pressure, press the back of your knee down - use your leg muscles,
not your hand!
3. slide your hand, palm down, under the back of your knee
a) if you can get your entire hand under easily, it's probably about +10 degrees
b) if you can get just your fingers under, it's about +5
c) if you can get your fingers under but it's a push, it's +0
d) if you can't get your fingers under at all, it's -5 or more
Here's a graphic to explain the degrees involved
Let me know what you find.
5. Yes icing my knee with gel packs at night when I go to bed and during the day when I have leg elevated. About 5 times a day for about 40 mins and then the bedtime ice.
that's okay
6.Elevating knee on a lounge doctor 6hrs a day in total broken up into 2 hr sections
Good
7.Doing minimal cooking mainly ready meals and have a stool to sit on whilst doing any prep. Fill and empty dishwasher. Have put washing on but daughter's hanging it out. Putting away clothes in bedroom.
House on 3 levels so have to go down a flight of stairs to laundry room and to get outside.
Daughters are doing hoovering ,bins etc.
Sound like you have it all arranged!
3-4 sessions a day -
okay but once a day is plenty and none at all at the weekend!
Heel slides x5 -
since your flexion is 90, you shouldn't need to do these
Leg extensions x 5 -
I doubt you need these either
5 min walk around the cul de sac daily -
depends how far that is!
Went to physio session last week and although they weren’t pushing me I suffered the next night from pain and swelling which reduced after a day of complete rest -
good sign that they were pushing you!
2 mins of heel slides
2 mins rocking pedals
2 mins heel slides using a skateboard
2 mins leg extension pressing thigh onto bed
2 mins of standing leg lifts to the side and 2 mins leg lifts to the back
2 mins seated leg raises and holds
2 mins with roll under knees and lifting and holding leg
None of these are beneficial and may be causing your pain.
I suggest you make the adjustments in your pain meds I have suggested.
Stop the PT and exercising - you don't need it.
If you are concerned about refusing to do therapy, you need to read this
Saying no to therapy - am I allowed to?