Guest viewing is limited

TKR 12 weeks with a new knee

Such sad days for you and your family, but with the blessing of a gentle passing.

Stress and pain is not the time to change any of you healing practices. And you’re right a few of us are here for the long haul, and we’re here whenever you need us.
 
It's so difficult to lose a parent. I'm sorry for the loss of your dad.

And, yes, some of us are still here!

Your knees will respond to the stress. Especially the newer one. You'll probably be on your feet more than usual so please be mindful of righty.
Hang in there!
 
Thanks for all your supportive comments.They really help.
Feel in a bit of a funk at the moment ...can’t quite believe my Dad’s gone but also have to get on with all the practical things. The funeral is next week and it’s going to be v busy. My sister’s coming over from France and my son from Australia with 2 of the grandchildren.
Just wish my knee was in a better place.
I had an appointment with my physio today who was very positive. Although my knee is still painful on the side the swelling has gone down by an inch, Rom bend is at 95 and flexion is improved too.So just keep on with the ice and elevation,swimming and exercise bike.
She also said to stop thinking about how quickly the other knee healed and treat this one differently. Good advice... just need to get my head round it.!
 
We are all there standing behind you ready to carry you when you need it.
Someone isn’t totally gone if they live on in the hearts of the ones that loved them.

The next while will be busy and stressful and sad and a lot of other emotions. Allow yourself to be human. Your knee will still be there when you are ready.
:prayer:
 
The next while will be busy and stressful and sad and a lot of other emotions. Allow yourself to be human
I was 39 when my father died. I decided that whatever emotions I was feeling were normal and just went with the flow and didn’t get annoyed with myself when I cried or felt bad or whatever else. It relieved one aspect of the stress of “I should be......”

I look back and realize now that was a gift I gave myself, to allow the emotions and not try to squelch them.

:console2::console2:
 
@Newboots , I am so very sorry for your loss, sending you and your family lots of healing hugs and prayers during this sad time :console2:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom