TKR 12 Week check up, suck it up girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 12 Week check up, suck it up girl.
danceragainsoon, I am so sorry about your fur baby. It is such a difficult decision to make to put them down. Our pets are family and we love and miss them so when they are gone. Remember the good times.
 
So sorry to hear about your dog...pets enter our hearts in such a way that it is devestating when they leave us. You have my sincere sympathies as i know what you are going through. Keep up the good work with your knee.

Hugs,
Denise
 
Good news, The dr is very happy with my results. I got to 120 today. He said he couldn't ask for more. Now I have to strengthen my knee. He also didn't give me a shot in my other knee. He always worries about infection. He said next month he will. All and all it was a good visit. Thanks everyone for being on this journey with me. :yay: :thankyou:
 
First, sorry about the dog, we had to put our English Mastiff down earlier this year and it is still quite raw. Sounds like you are on the positive side of things now. You still have a ways to go, but it should get easier. You may still have setbacks, but they are reminders to take it a bit easier. Funny, I'm not sure how I got through the early part of my recovery, I found Bonesmart almost 6 months after... Glad you found it sooner.
 
Hi Ursula, There are so many people who offer great advice on BS that I don't usually bother chipping in. But when I read your post it was as if I had written it. The tears, the frustration, the worry. Its not like you have had your life snatched from you. You have had it snatched from you. The TKR is bad enough, but it impacts on so much else.

I wont fib and say that I am now fully recovered some 20 weeks on. I am probably one of the middle of the roaders - some have had it worse, others better. But one thing I can ASSURE you of is that it gets much better. Sometimes it is so subtle you don't know its improving. But it is. You do still have a long road ahead I'm afraid, and there will undoubtedly be more tears(but they help too). But try your very hardest to remember IT GETS BETTER. And remember the old knee would have continued to get worse. The new one continues to get better. I have found a hydrotherapy pool. I go twice a week (you can't do this until your scar is completely healed). I have found it helps. As does the pedals I keep in my kitchen. Something like that could help you get back on your bike.
Best wishes from one geordie girl to another. Carol
 
So sorry to hear about your dog

Glad though that the knee is making good progress
 
patient 99 What a very lovely post from Carol. Take her words to heart, as they are so true. So sorry to hear of your dog. I have not had a dog before our dear Tripod (3 legged lab) wandered into our yard looking for a new home. Their unconditional love and loyalty is unbelievable, just another one of God's amazing gifts to us. Take care.
 
danceragainsoon, first, so sorry about your dog. It is always hard to lose a beloved pet. Between my first and second surgery, I lost five of my pet chickens (coyote got in their pen). I cried for three days.
Now about that Dr that caused you so much pain (and right now you don't like much)...just think how much you or your insurance paid him/her to do it! and when the time is right or it becomes necessary, you will do it again with the other knee.
And as others have said, it does get better. 120 ROM? Wow, awesome!
 
Thanks Morgaine, I am sorry about your chickens. You read my mind I still don't like the dr and I told him so yesterday. He just smiles at me. I suppose one day hopefully in the long future I will go through it again. Hope you're having a nice weekend.
 
Ok I have yet another question that I think on the women can answer. Ever since my surgery, the hair on that leg is growing so fast. I never had a hairy leg problem. Especially around the incision area. My other leg since very little blonde hair. But my right is long black hair. Can anyone answer that? I know it's not the end of the world but very weird.
:yikes: :scare:
 
[Bonesmart.org] 12 Week check up, suck it up girl.
danceragainsoon, several members have reported this phenomenon, and I'm sure they'll be here to tell you their story. So it is a "normal" occurrence.


I personally did not experience this, but I have had absolutely no hair on my legs or underarms for years. When menopause started, I just lost my body hair----no shaving for years----I loved it!
 
Hi Dancer. First of all I would like to reassure you. You are definitely NOT turning into a werewolf. A few years back I broke my wrist. It was a very bad break that needed pinning and took longer than it should to heal. During that time hair appeared on the back of my hand. The PT spotted it straight away and said it was not uncommon. She said the nervous system goes into shock sometimes and hair grows where it didn't grow previously. Once everything settled down everything went back to normal - except for a bit of howling every time there's a full moon. Best wishes dancer. Carol
 
@danceagainsoon I too had long black hair start growing, mostly around the incision area. I looked at my right leg just now and the black hair is gone. There doesn't seem to be any growing around my left leg incision though. Note: I have never shaved my legs because the hair as so light and fine, it couldn't be seen. So that long black hair made my leg look a bit strange.
 
When I was much younger I suffered a severe burn (mostly 2nd degree but a tiny spot of 3rd) on my thigh from a spilled cup of very hot coffee (was wearing poly knit pants--it was the '70s after all--which held the heat in). After the burn healed, long dark hair began to grow on that small patch, and did for over 30 years! It was due to nerves reawakening.
 
Ok I made it to 8 weeks. No cane, took the toilet thing off. I'm still walking a little unstable. So I guess all is ok. I'm just so bored out of my mind. I shouldn't have pick a summer to do this. I've become such a loner, I don't like to leave my house. This is so not me. It just take so much effort. Anyway, still one day at a time. This hair thing on my leg is so trippy. I feel like a 20 that has to shave everyday. Good Days ahead I hope.
 
I hope I can walk normal by sept. I got back to work and I walk a lot. I work with special needs children. I forgot to end with that.
 
Hi Danceragainsoon,

I am sorry to hear about your pet. They really are family members. :kittykiss: I am a cat person, but I can understand how you must feel.

I am glad to hear that you are doing well. Keep up the good work. :yay:

Take care! :flwrysmile:
 
I Dancer, You seem to have made some great progress! Good job. I am getting a little bored, too, and I feel like I have gotten a little lazy. I used to never sit inside on beautiful summer days like I do now. It is easier when the days aren't so hot. Hopefully everything will be back to normal soon. I start back to school in the end of August with workshop and kids on the day after Labor day. Hope I am ready, too. Hang in there. Hope you are having a good day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom