TKR 12 Week check up, suck it up girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ursula Tibbs, so glad you found us, and please start a thread of your own in the Knee Replacement Recovery forum. Here is the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

You will receive the attention to your concerns and questions that you deserve by doing this. I look forward to your first post.
 
Thanks for the support Cyrano, hope you have a good day tomorrow too. Like so many times recently I have decided tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of my life!! Let's hope it is. My poor husband is suffering with me and will be delighted if I can be more positive - so I'm going to try. May be the bike was a step too far. Today, when I finally stopped crying, we went out and watched wildfowl from a hide in the dunes which was lovely. So I suppose it wasn't all doom and gloom, and the sun is going to shine tomorrow.....
 
Hi again, I have another question. My surgery was May 22, 2013. I'm doing better I guess but I still walk like I'm 105. I think I would walk better but my other leg is killing me. After enduring that first surgery, there's no way I will consider doing the other leg for a long time. But I was wondering if it would help if I got a cortisone shot to help the other leg. I feel like I'm favoring that one more which doesn't help my new one. Thanks vicky
 
You can certainly talk with your OS about an injection for your other knee. Sometimes they work wonderfully well, but sometimes they don't.

By the way, what kind of dancing do you want to get back to? I'd like to create an avatar for you to have on the side of your posts---but don't know what type of dancer to look for.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 12 Week check up, suck it up girl.
​
 
Honey, you are way too early to be even thinking about doing another knee! By which I mean that you are only about 7 weeks out. At this stage of the game your knee is still in the 'angry tissue' stage and you hate everything about it! You hate that you had it done, you hate your surgeon for doing it - everything. It's to be expected. But later on, when your knee is behaving itself and you get back your 'normal' with it, you will start thinking about getting the other one done. It's like having babies (says she who never had one! :heehee:) everyone says never again but they do because the end result is so good it makes you forget what you went through to get it. I had my first knee done in 2009 and am planning to get my other one done shortly. If it wasn't for having to constantly talk with people here who are in the throes of this early stage, I wouldn't be remembering what it was really like! :wink:
 
I"m still trying to learn how to work this site so my apologies. I used to teach tap, jazz, hip hop and musical theater. I taught 2 to 7 year olds. Then I fell and limped for a couple of years which has led to bad knees. But to answer your question, I love all kinds of dance. Music heals me and so does movement.
 
danceragainsoon, go to the top of the page and on the white bar click on Help & Info. In the drop down menu, you will see a thread for how to use the forum. Just read through these posts to better understand how things work. In the meantime, I'm going to develop an avatar for you and instructions on how to load it will come with it.
 
Hi everyone. So I was doing great ever since I found this site. I'm going to PT 3 times a week. They work me hard but in a good way. They are very kind but push me at the same time. I love them. Today I left crying because it seems I went backwards. Last week after working me they got my flexion to 117. Today after the same workout it got to 115. Why am I going backwards. I'm working hard but the success it not coming easy. I'm still uneasy in my walk and tire fast when standing up. Is anyone else going to any of this. It's been exacting 7 weeks. I have hardly any swelling but the tightness is evident. Thankful for any input. :gaah:
 
I'm afraid that is the nature of the beast. :hissy: Perhaps, you are overdoing. Why don't you try easing off and just do gentle stretching for a while? I'm at 8 weeks and there are times when I overdo and pay for it later :gaah: I still find it difficult to stand for long. Just be patient, be good to yourself, it will come :SUNsmile:
 
I think there is a bit of an error factor in measuring ROM so I wouldn't worry about a couple of degrees. Also, whether it's 115 or 117 that sounds good at this point. :thumb:
 
danceragainsoon, I have developed an avatar that I thought you might like to use. It is already sized to fit perfectly as I have tested it. Just right click on the attached picture and "save image as" in your picture files. Then hover your mouse of your user name at the top of the page and from the drop down menu select "Avatar". The click the browse button and find the picture in your files and double click it. Then click "Okay"and you are done.

[Bonesmart.org] 12 Week check up, suck it up girl.


If you are not interested, my feelings will not be hurt. I just enjoy doing this when the opportunity presents itself.

Hope all is well with you. Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
danceragainsoon Cyrano Ursula Tibbs Chickie Greetings! Just poking around and am seeing some threads I haven't run across before. Isn't it comforting to know it's not just you! Although we are all going to experience different things and heal at different rates, it's so good to be able to relate and be comforted. I had #1 done in March and #2 in June, so I am really wanting my life back, too. Only by the grace of God have I been able to keep one step ahead of depression, but there are lots of days when the sun isn't shining in my world. FYI, I would love to be at 117! That's a pretty good number. I didn't reach that with knee #1 until my last PT session at around 8 or 9 weeks, but now it hovers around 125--plenty for walking and biking. I am sure there are a few more degrees to be gained. Knee #1 is doing great, so it is a very real and constant reminder of what lies ahead. Just want to wish you all the best and keep fighting the good fight! We will make it!
 
I am going to meet my surgeon for my 7 week review this afternoon. Probably did too much yesterday, so a painful start to the day, and rather stiff now. Lying here icing, will do a little stretching and five mins on the exercise bike and then off to meet the man responsible for all the pain and misery of the past months.... Chins up everyone !!
 
I am going to meet my surgeon for my 7 week review this afternoon. Probably did too much yesterday, so a painful start to the day, and rather stiff now. Lying here icing, will do a little stretching and five mins on the exercise bike and then off to meet the man responsible for all the pain and misery of the past months.... Chins up everyone !!
Good Luck, I go tomorrow for the same. I'm rather stiff today as well.
 
Side note I had to put my dog down last night. So sad, but going to my 7 week check up. I hope he puts my in a happier mood.
 
I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. They are such loving companions. It's something that I will have to face in the coming months, and I'm not looking forward to it. Godspeed on you knee recovery.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom