TKR 11/11/2014 - my recovery journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mystikfairy61 It sure is an interesting ride, isn't it? I think we are entering into the time in our recoveries when improvement is going to slow down and we will need to call on patience so that we don't get discouraged and try to overdo in order to hurry things along. I know I'm still relying heavily on rest and ice each and every day and still take my meds on schedule. Hope you are doing well. It's a long journey but definitely worthwhile! Have a restful evening. :)
 
See snaperooooo told you that you are an inspiration. If I had a hat I.would take it off to you.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
For the past three days have been extra tired. Not just low energy tired but actually falling asleep tired. I'm probably sleeping on and off about 16 of 24 hours in the day. Could this be a surge in healing process that is causing this extra tiredness?
 
I fell asleep a lot also around this time. prob is.healing check will brainier people than the.ogre. keep safe snaperooooo

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@sandbar525 I'm a great believer in sleeping if you feel you need to. It could well be your body just needing some extra downtime. You've made such good progress so far, it just needs a rest to get reafy for the long haul, maybe?
So far I haven't felt really tired but I'll recognise it now :sleep::sleep::sleep:
 
@Legin and @SuperSnapper Thanks so much for your responses. I do think it is just part of the healing process. I'm going to keep on listening to my body and when it says "sleep", that's what I'll do. Being in the middle of week four, it probably is just all about those dark days of recovery that other bonesmarties reference. Again, thanks so much for checking in. It really helps! :) PS Everything else is still going well, pain being managed, ROM continues to be good and ice still is my best friend!
 
4 hours and counting. Should have eaten more last night because I am already hungry! Reading about sleeping has been helpful on this thread. Thanks!
 
Totally normal to take naps at this point. Think of it as your body telling you "stop doing stuff for a while so I can heal this leg" :heehee: Great report on the shopping trip. Sounds like you did well and then did exactly right by icing and resting afterward. You're moving along! :walking:
 
@sandbar525 I had a sneaky suspicion I wasn't getting all my alert (20 for one whole day! That isn't right!) so I thought maybe I had better check on everyone. Yep, didn't get alerts to your thread! I see you have been napping a lot, you need it. Protein will help a bit. It takes a lot of energy to heal the bones, bruised muscles, cut skin etc.
 
@tiredwife Thanks for your post. I was going along so well when this tiredness hit me like a mack truck! I think it is just what you and others have said. Body just needs all this rest in order to heal. I'm going to listen to my body and sleep when it wants to. I'll be sure to take your advice about making sure to get protein. I appreciate you looking in on me! :)
 
@Sandbar - I nap everyday faithfully - with or without pain meds. Was a little worried about going back to work and needing a nap, but I found out today that hardly anybody will be there the week that I return so I can just shut my office door and curl up for a little snooze if I need to.
 
Sleep. It's a good thing. Pretty soon you won't be able sleep at night for a few weeks if that isn't already happening. All else sounds good. Sweet dreams. -- Joni
 
@Cynrob Good luck with returning to work on the 22nd. You're right. With it being the holiday week, it will undoubtedly be slow. That should work in your favor. I'm planning to go back on the 5th of January so have another month before I have to stay awake all day! :) PS I noticed on your thread that you said you work in a trendy district...the Pearl by any chance?
 
@sandbar525 - yes I do work in the Pearl... the Art Institute of Portland. I'll be fine if I get to work early, but if I try to go in late, I will have to walk a ways from my car.
 
Hi @Cynrob My daughter works in the Pearl, too. Fortunately she can walk to work so parking isn't an issue. Have a great weekend...although being off work, the days sort of meld into one big weekend! :)
 
@sandbar525 - I am not getting alerts, so had so much to catch up on! The sleepiness is interesting. I always think you are a bit ahead of me even though our surgeries where the same day. I am just a bit complicated! But, it does give me something to look for - in case I experience the same. I was wondering if it has anything to do with being more active now. I do know I am doing a bit more, and I wonder if that can lead to the exhaustion - I am sure it contributes! Whatever it is, you must need the rest. The body always knows best! I hope you have a nice and restful weekend. :loveshwr:
 
@sandbar525 - now that I can, I'm slowly catching up on threads. I found that in the rehab hospital my life was scheduled and there was constant noise and chatter. Hard to read and take anything in.

I'm totally impressed with your recovery. I envy you being able to drive. That's down the road for me - just getting in and out of the van is a challenge. Also, I'm still on drugs - will see my own doctor on Friday. I can walk around the main floor of the house without a cane or just using one. I have to return the hospital canes so we're heading out to get a second cane now. I find my stride better with two. When I get home for good, you've inspired me to get on the recumbent bike to see what I can do. It's down a flight of 14 stairs though :-(

Keep up the good work - looks like our mid November group is doing well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom