Guest viewing is limited

High Tibial Osteotomy 1 week after op<

Pain is about 4 it’s very intermittent

medication tramadol x 2 50 mg four times a day
paracetamol x 2 500 mg four times a day
ibuprofen x1 400 mg up to 3 times a day if I get break through pain, use these at night maybe twice in night.

Mobility I manage to go down stairs toilet maybe 4 times a day. Stairs morning and night on bottom. Then maybe once in night to bathroom and back so not much activity. Mostly sat in chair leg elevated

Oh an aspirin x 2 75mg each morning for clots
 
Last edited:
Pain is about 4 it’s very intermittent
Well, that's quite low considering.
Tramadol x 2 50 mg four times a day
paracetamol x 2 500 mg four times a day
ibuprofen x1 400 mg up to 3 times a day if I get break through pain, use these at night maybe twice in night.
Okay
Mobility I manage to go down stairs toilet maybe 4 times a day. Stairs morning and night on bottom. Then maybe once in night to bathroom and back so not much activity. Mostly sat in chair leg elevated
Good.

Well you've nothing much for me to advise about! Well done!
 
I gather you're not a fan of HTO ?

Thanks Josephine you're a star
 
Just well done made me feel better think operation blues are finally going
 
Hi Purr, Happy Monday to you!
Hope you've had a good day. I remembered you from yesterday when you started
out on the Hip side and thought I'd crossover, say Hi and see how you're doing.

Great news the blues lifted! Post Op Blues is a funny little thing, it can wash over you out of the blue and move away just as quickly. Sometimes lingering, at times feeling a bit heavier than other times. You don't have to be anxious about a repeat performance because it may not happen. Just don't worry if it does, it's only temporary, as you've experienced. I recall getting in a funk over the silliest things, crying, then thinking back hours later laughing at the craziness of it all. Wishing you smooth sailing ahead.

I hope you have a peaceful evening and a great week!
@Purr
 
Thank you so much, Layla, what a lovely lady you are. Yes, feeling a lot better. My antibiotics are kicking in for my chest infection. I think that and pain from op got to me. First shower today. Wow it felt amazing. Down side cast protector leaked so hair drying it lol

That is what worries me Josephine that after all this it doesn’t work

I used a pair of finger-less cycling gloves, too. I was on crutches for 4 months and those gloves saved my hands.
Wow how did you manage that long and stay sane
 
Tired is not the word. First few days home from hospital slept like a baby. Since then 2 hours a night if I’m lucky, break through pain last night was absolute hell and trying to get comfortable was impossible. Any tips on this ????
 
Are you icing all night. I did and I found it extremely helpful. Also, elevating while icing is a plus. Most of the time night time pain is an indication that you are doing too much during the day. Back off some of your PT and activities and ice and elevate.
 
I have a cast on at moment so can’t ice. Not able to pt yet due to this and totally none weight bearing. Keeping elevated all day except toilet or making a drink. Trying to take tramadol late as possible see if that’s helps xx
 
Well after taking tramadol and paracetamol late as possible last managed 4 hours sleep. Which for me in the last few weeks is good, even managed to get in to a comfortable position so feeling better. Wearing support brace on my knee I’m putting all weight on fingers crossed this help it and stop the ache. Feeling more positive, amazing a little more sleep does for you. On wards and up wards as they say. Cast of Friday so feel like another step forward
 
@Purr glad you are feeling better and got a bit of sleep. I do hope the brace helps ease things for you. Let us know how it goes on Friday!
 
Will do. Fingers crossed cast is driving me mad , but then worried with a brace it won’t be so protected. Lol can’t win can I
 
[Bonesmart.org] 1 week after op<
 
That was one week after op. Wonder what it looks like now. Cast off tomorrow yeahhhhhhhh. See how it’s improved
 
Is it normal for swelling to go down then swell again been quite pain free on my meds but today pain been quite high and my cast was quite loose now it feels tight it’s like I can feel it swelling
 
Yes, that will happen. Swelling can increase with activity, so you'll be more swollen after being up for a while.

If you swell to the extent that you start getting a sensation of pins and needles, you should go to an ER immediately, as it could indicate nerves are being compressed. In that case, the plaster should be cut, to relieve the pressure. The plaster shouldn't need to be removed, but can be held in place with crepe bandages.
 
Thank you so much Celle that is such a relief. I was all out afternoon yesterday, in my wheel chair leg up but bounced about a lot, also getting in out of cars so my own fault.
 
Cast is off locking brace on set at 30 so only slight bend. In a lot of pain last 2 days. Which is getting me down a bit, struggling to lift the leg with the pain and getting into a comfortable position at night. So feel like I’ve took a step back and feeling very sorry for my self today.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom