Guest viewing is limited

High Tibial Osteotomy 1 week after op<

Josephine I think I love you . Thank you so much for that. It really has put my mind at ease. Doing what you have told me elevation, rest and icing. Pain is good no changes there. Just a lot of swelling round my knee and upper leg. So my fingers and toes are all crossed for good out come tomorrow.
 
Just phoned my OS secretary ladies. He is busy in theatre today. But got an appt to see him tomorrow. So another day of worrying and a leg like a tree . But after Josephine’a reply am staying positive as I can and elevating, icing and resting. Again thank you, your one amazing team xxxxx
 
Purr,
Glad you have an appointment to be sure everything is OK, keep us posted on how you are doing.
:fingersx: you have a good report tomorrow.
 
Seen my O.S today. X rays etc and got the all clear, no damage to bones just soft tissue damage. So one happy bunny . Thanks so much guys for all your support xxxxxx
 
Just keep up that icing, elevating, and lots of rest... then let us know how you are doing. It must be a huge relief to have that good report from the surgeon! Now you can relax and enjoy the recovery slow train. It can be a grind at times, but it can also be approached like a nice period of rest and recuperation!
 
It is Susie. Yep ice, elevation and chill. Numb bum though . Thanks Susie xxxx
 
Thanks sistershin xx
 
Last edited:
Hi Purr,
Just sneaking over to the knee side to check on you after your fall.
I'm happy to read you received the all clear from your OS today through exam and x-rays.
I hope you're resting comfortably and have a peaceful week. :)
@Purr
 
You little rebel you Layla. I am happy relieved and doing as I’m told for a change . Thank you for your kindness your a lovely lady xxx
 
Hope all had a lovely Christmas. Happy new year to you all xxxxxx
 
Hi all just a quick question. Nearly 8 weeks since op. New locking brace at 90 degrees still none weight bearing. But when bending my knee it occasionally locks and clicks and is quite painful. Any ideas why, still none weight bearing.
 
I have a question and wondered if any could help. I have been none weight bearing 12 weeks and I am now allowed to weight bear. Problem is I have pain in both legs at back off knees. Soreness and swelling. Wondering is this normal after none weight bearing and will eventually go.
 
When I was non weight-bearing after my broken foot/ankle, my knee was just a few weeks shy of being 1 year old. My knee raised Cain when I couldn't use it and became quite painful. I believe once you can start using your knee the way it wants to be used, the pain will decrease. It will take a while to get over what it's been through, so be patient. My knee is 2.5 years old and still clicks. That's nothing to worry about.
 
Thanks sistershin. It’s the soreness and stiff feeling in back of both my legs like a tight feeling that’s really annoying me. Stretches are helping so trying to do them regular. After all this time I thought I’d get used to taking it one step at a time . My problem is not having patience
 
Stretches are helping so trying to do them regular. After all this time I thought I’d get used to taking it one step at a time . My problem is not having patience
The stretches are really good for you as long as you don't go into pain with them. Discomfort is OK, but not pain. Boy, do the majority of us know about that patience thing! :hissy:
 
Back
Top Bottom