Recent content by Wrknitout

  1. Wrknitout

    THR Looking for input from those who are 1 yr+ post op

    Hi Robin, Just stopping by to say hi. I am glad you are doing well. I think the little setbacks here and there will be with us for a while. It is so hard to know just how much to do even when listening to our bodies. I do think I feel a little better and definitely less stiff when I am moving...
  2. Wrknitout

    THR Working out this recovery thing finally!

    I am 6 weeks post op. I had my check up yesterday. I saw the x rays, according to the doc they looked good. I have some clicking going on in that hip but, the doc is not overly worried about it I am not either. I will be checked in another 6 weeks. The clicking will hopefully be gone by then...
  3. Wrknitout

    THR The other side

    Hi Jillians I am at 6 weeks and I can barely feel a difference in leg length now . It is still there but, just slightly. It used to be very noticeable and distracting to me. I agree that things need to settle a bit. Take care.
  4. Wrknitout

    THR New hip for HipMomof3!

    I am glad your next appointment with the PT assistant was a better one. I think it is good that you were able to communicate with her when you went back. It sounds like it paid off. My scar is healing well but, kind of lumpy and it is indented at the top and feels like it is attached. I don't...
  5. Wrknitout

    THR Looking for input from those who are 1 yr+ post op

    I too have been wondering if wearing heels would be a problem after THR . Good question Robin. I get a lot of stiffness after sitting also. Hopefully it improves with time. Hope you are enjoying having your toes in the sand. :SUNsmile:
  6. Wrknitout

    THR Working out this recovery thing finally!

    Hi @HipMomOf3 You are one brave lady taking on teaching a class so soon after your surgery. I don't blame you a bit for being a little nervous. I will pray all goes well for you on Monday. I look forward to hearing how it went. I hope you enjoy yourself while you are there. Have a great...
  7. Wrknitout

    THR made it to the bright side

    Congratulations on your progress. Let us know when you get your surgery date. Take care.
  8. Wrknitout

    THR Working out this recovery thing finally!

    Hi @Cynthia777 Thank you for checking in on me. Your prayers are so appreciated. I am sure they are a big part of the reason I am on the mend and feeling so much better. I hope things are going well for you and you are feeling good also. You are such a blessing to myself and others on this...
  9. Wrknitout

    THR Looking for input from those who are 1 yr+ post op

    @DizzyBlond Hi Robin, I too have a daughter in law that does my hair. She is a little further away then yours though so she colors it for me 3 or 4 times a year and cuts it and I have it touched up here at home if necessary. I am a terrible "client"...she usually does my hair from their home...
  10. Wrknitout

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    Krista that is great news! At least you know you haven't been forgotten and something is happening to get you closer to your goal. Boy we sure deal with a lot of ups and downs during this journey don't we. I know I have. One day I am feeling good and the next it's like I've been run over by a...
  11. Wrknitout

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    Hi Krista, it makes me happy to hear that you are doing better . I am glad to hear you are having a better quality of life and less pain. It definitely seems you are on the road to recovery even though I know it is a long one. I feel like you really deserve a reprieve from all you have been...
  12. Wrknitout

    THR Looking for input from those who are 1 yr+ post op

    It was nice to catch up on your thread and see all of your recent accomplishments. I am excited for you. Did you notice a difference in the level of pain you had from week 4 to week 6? I know we all have different experiences but, I was just wondering if it was a very obvious difference in pain...
  13. Wrknitout

    I'm excited to be on my way to new hips!

    Good luck with your surgery tomorrow! Wishing you a smooth recovery. Take Care.
  14. Wrknitout

    JMacca's hip safari

    I was just checking up on you and have to tell you I agree with everyone else . I too had those good and bad days until one day I noticed there were more bad than good. I also noticed that my participation in life had dropped a lot. I did what I had to and very rarely anything else. I think it...
  15. Wrknitout

    Hip Infection Bilateral THR

    It sounds like you are a very strong person with a good attitude. You seem to be handling all of this very well. This is alot for anyone to have to deal with. Stay strong. Praying for the very best outcome for you.
Back
Top Bottom