Hip Infection Bilateral THR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replies. Almost 2 weeks since having the spacer put in and it really isn't too bad for me. It's not really painful at all compared to the pain I had with the infected implant, it only feels sort of unstable so I have been waking with a cane, but that is much better than hopping around on crutches like I had to do with the infected implant.
 
I'm glad to hear the spacer isn't really too bad for you. Keep us posted on how you're doing. Hopefully everything will continue to improve.
 
So glad it's not like the worse thing ever lol!! You will be up and going in no time!!!
 
It sounds like you are a very strong person with a good attitude. You seem to be handling all of this very well. This is alot for anyone to have to deal with. Stay strong. Praying for the very best outcome for you.
 
Hello all,
Had my new hip put in on Monday and I'm going home today. The spacer was not too bad of an experience for me (I think they used a premade one). After this surgery I feel much more sore than I have before which is probably a mix of the posterior approach along with this being the 2nd time I've been opened up in the same place within 2 months. Hopefully the pain will start improving within a few days.
 
Welcome to the other side (again). Get that ice and elevation going. Hope they get that pain controlled before you leave the hospital.
 
I just read your post, bit offering any advice but just wanted to say good luck, I've got my fingers and toes crossed it all works out for you.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom