Recent content by Texas Girl

  1. Texas Girl

    I am having surgery Monday, June 2.

    Good wishes to you for your surgery! Just a few more days! Sleep will be so much easier without all the pain!
  2. Texas Girl

    Ready for total right hip.

    Sounds like you are pretty much set up! I used a robe sash to help lift my leg up on to the bed. I had a shower bench from Amazon that was great! I have a bathtub, so half the bench was on the outside of the tub and the other half inside the tub. I just sat on it and slid to the inside of...
  3. Texas Girl

    Scared but excited.

    You will be so glad once you have your surgery! Looking back, the surgery and recovery passed so quickly. You will be back to normal activities before you know it. Don't hesitate, the sooner the surgery, the sooner you will be pain free and enjoying your new Man Cave!!
  4. Texas Girl

    THR Broke on through to the recovery side

    Hoping for a speedy recovery! It just gets better from here!
  5. Texas Girl

    THR I made it!

    It will only be uphill from here!
  6. Texas Girl

    Newbie saying hello and asking advice

    Your life will be so much better without all that pain ! Getting my hip replaced was such a blessing. Don't wait longer than you have to. If you can get surgery done sooner, I would. You can enjoy your vacation so much morewith your new hip!! Good luck to you!
  7. Texas Girl

    THR Tripped Over My Dog

    That is so scary! I have almost fallen several times over my dogs. I have two black labs that sleep in the hallway and it is hard to see them at night. Hope you feel better sonn!
  8. Texas Girl

    THR Doing Great

    Glad to hear you are doing good. Because it is so great not to be in such awful pain, it is very easy to do too much, too quickly. Just be always mindful about what your hip and its surrounding area has just bee through! It takes quite some time to heal, but it is so wonderful once you do!
  9. Texas Girl

    THR new hip newbie!

    Sounds like you are right on track. I started driving between 3 and 4 weeks but short trips Each week gets easier. Be patient though, you surely don't want to set yourself back by doing too much. Glad all is going well!
  10. Texas Girl

    THR I MADE IT!!

    Glad all is well! I thought I would need a lift too but I don'tlimp at all so I don't need one. Each day gets easier!!! Keeep us posted!
  11. Texas Girl

    THR how long with a limp

    I think i limped some for a few months, especially when I was tired. Don't rush it, it wiil come when your body is ready. I still hurt at times and I am at 4 months. Keep using ice and try not to overdo it! Take care.
  12. Texas Girl

    THR Adaa on the otherside

    It's sometimes rough at first, but it will get easier. Once you find the right pain relief that works for you, things will start getting better. It's good that you are up and walking. Just stay on top of the meds and ice you will do fine. Please keep us posted!! Take care!
  13. Texas Girl

    THR On The Other Side

    Glad you are doing so well. Someplaces such as Amazon sell trays that hook on the walker so you can carry a plate or cup. They also sell covers that have pockets and baskets that attach to the walker. I used the walker that has a bench built in it so you carry things on the bench or sit on...
  14. Texas Girl

    New here

    Two weeks doesn't seem like a very long time. I think you will probably havea to get some help getting those kiddos to school anad back. You surely don't want to have a set back. It's going to be worth it though, you are going to be able to walk with no pain soon!! Please post any more...
  15. Texas Girl

    Next surgery date is a approaching

    So glad that you are almot there. Take care and please keep us posted!
Back
Top Bottom