Guest viewing is limited

Next surgery date is a approaching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Date for my second surgery is April 12th. It will be here before I know it. It soon will be 4 weeks since my first surgery, on left hip. It all went really well. I am still using a cane to get around and I have been able to cut back on med's. I do still have lots of muscles pains in that leg, I guess the muscles don't like getting woke up. I have had a lost my ROM in both legs for a long time. As I go to PT now my hip that hasn't been operated on is complaining. I do what I can for now with them both and hope that once I have the next surgery all will come together. I wish all of us in April luck....we will get through this together and it won't be bad.

Wishing you the very best - surely you will be excellent. I may need my RTHR, and I won't hesitate when needed, now that I know what it takes. Contrats on making it to 4 weeks. I also have muscle pain, but all other pain disappeared.
 
I can't imagine what it must be like to have that terrible bone on bone pain in one hip while the other is still recovering. I only have one bad hip, the other probably won't catch up for many years yet, and I am in awe of the strength of everyone who has both hips done at the same time, or just weeks apart. I always thought of myself as strong, but I don't think I would be able to do that.
Hope all goes well for your second op.
Ally
 
sandybeach I just wanted to check in and tell you that you will be in my thoughts and prayers on Friday! I look forward to reading your post-op reports! :)
 
zauberflöte haha mine have been done for a while. My mom works for an accountant, so it's a perk I guess. Not sure why I thought it was sooner than it is.
 
smrt2run I am married to a habitual "ostrich w/head in sand" where taxes are concerned...... I did my part, now I'm hanging around in case I need to explain anything that i did... heh heh We cut our 25 yr old loose this year-- he has to do his own. 1040EZ i told him, 1040EZ, e-file, piece of cake, i told him. Here there is a tradition of driving to the main post office at 11:58pm April 15, getting in line and handing the envelope off to the cop who's directing traffic. You have to do that at least once in your life. Do they have that where you are?? LOL
 
sandybeach you will be my eyes and ears on the next stage please!! I don't think it will be an option for me as to whether I get it done, just when. My surgeon says the left one is slightly better than the right but still bad and I would greatly benefit from getting it replaced. It's strange but most of the everyday pain I get on that side is radiates below my knee, he says it's referred pain but I also get groin pain when walking. Not long now for you, how long do you think you'll be in hospital, do they suggest it'll longer this time? Take care and keep well xx Janet
 
Littlejem I think that I will probably be in the hospital just over night again. I think as long as I can climb steps I will be able to go home. Before my first surgery my legs really went into overdrive and hurt all the time, that's what's going on with my hip that will be operated on is doing. Makes me know that I'm doing what needs to be done. My pain comes from any kind of movement to that leg, the pain is in my hip joint and my knees do hurt from time to time but I think, in my case, it's because of the way I walk because of the pain.

BionicWoman2 Allycat Jojool thank you for all your kind words. All the posts I receive and what I read on other threads is what got me through my first surgery and now again they are priceless. Jojool...good luck on Friday with your doctor appointment, you will have to post how that goes.
 
Littlejem I think that I will probably be in the hospital just over night again. I think as long as I can climb steps I will be able to go home. Before my first surgery my legs really went into overdrive and hurt all the time, that's what's going on with my hip that will be operated on is doing. Makes me know that I'm doing what needs to be done. My pain comes from any kind of movement to that leg, the pain is in my hip joint and my knees do hurt from time to time but I think, in my case, it's because of the way I walk because of the pain.

BionicWoman2 Allycat Jojool thank you for all your kind words. All the posts I receive and read on other threads is what got me through my first surgery and now again they are priceless. Jojool...good luck on Friday with your doctor appointment, you will have to post how that goes.

Best Wishes for a good outcome and speedy recovery. This will allow you to put it all behind you and focus on less pain and more mobility.
 
Elosarabrab thank you and your surgery will be coming soon too...the 22nd will be here before you know it.
nanal thank you, it should go good. The hospital staff is really great and I know they will teach me everything I need to know before I leave for home....how are you doing?
 
Hi sandybeach Wishing you all the luck in the world for tomorrow. I know you will do really well and will look out for your first post
 
Wow sandybeach overnight is so quick but it's nice to be back home isn't it? Just one more sleep and you'll be there, looking forward to speaking again soon, take care x :puppysmooze:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom