Guest viewing is limited

THR I MADE IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering what type of approach I had, my scar is about 8" just below my panty line (no thong...:) ) on the side of my thigh....I forgot to ask the OS last time I saw him...
 
Made a trot to the mail box this morning, disappointing......all fliers..:) But, no pain on the op side. Minor pain on the other side. Will discuss with OS during my 6 week check up on May 13 how long we are gonna give the other hip. If the possibility exists for the left to be as "pleasant" as the right then I am "hip" to doing it on May 15 ( need time to go home and re-pack the bag..... :heehee: ).

Time to pop a slodge of whipping cream on a caramel apple blossom (small pastry filled with apple and caramel), kinda miss the clotted cream, good excuse to fly to UK, visit the parents and a tea house...:)
 
Glad all is well! I thought I would need a lift too but I don'tlimp at all so I don't need one. Each day gets easier!!! Keeep us posted!
 
A little update.
Been busy with search and rescue stuff, just got elected as secretary to our provincial body (all volunteer). Trip up there was a little long (2 hour car ride) but frequent stops to stretch and lube the joint worked well.
Able to climb stairs alternating steps with cane ( purely by accident that I noticed myself doing that).....:)
Sitting is still a bit of an issue, need standing/walking breaks about every 20 mins or so.
Otherwise all good.....
 
[Bonesmart.org] I MADE IT!!
Great update, Jayne!!! Sounds like your recovery is moving along at a very good pace. Congrats on your election. How really nice for you!!!

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] I MADE IT!!
 
rockymountainjayne congratulations on your new post! Do you do the active part or the administrative part?
How's the piano coming?
Sounds like your hip is coming along very well-- love it! I hope the roads have been cleared and your cabin-feverish family are back at work?
 
zauberflöte On an actual incident I remain in the command post and either run radios or follow the search manager around, it is necessary to record EVERYTHING he says...... There is a standing joke with our group the I am "directionally challenged" (couldn't tell you north south east or west if standing outside). So the boys don't let me wonder around without an escort.....:)
I am the secretary within our local group and also now the provincial group.....
The piano is doing alright, can do about 20 mins as sitting for long periods is not comfortable.
The roads are good, although it snowed today, too warm to stick though.
 
rockymountainjayne Oh my. Every word he says. That i could not do. Can you take shorthand? I am somewhat directionally challenged myself, but if I know the time of day and can see the sun, I can do a fair job. Well, not more than 90 degrees off LOL. I'm glad to hear you're busy and productive :)
 
Fantastic Jane.. If your name is Jane... Doesn't it feel good to get back into a bit of a normal routine. Congratulations on your appointment, it must be very interesting :)

Can you take some ice packs with you on the trips, they help a lot with the stiffness etc.
 
rockymountainjayne, it sounds like you're doing amazingly well. Let us know when you have your next surgery scheduled. I just had my second surgery a couple weeks ago and it did go differently than the first one. As long as you follow what your doctor tells you the next one will go as smoothly as your first.
 
Well done Jane on your amazing recovery and your new appointment.its great to hear that you have not let your hips hold you you back at all.
 
WOW!!!!! I do so love my surgeon. Had my six week check up. I asked 3 pressing questions....
1. Can I have a bath? Answered yes but be careful getting in and out.
2. Bubbles in bath? Answered after laughing ....yes
3. Please can I trim my toe nails? Answered yes and proceeded to show me a safe position.....
What more can I ask for?
Attached is my x-ray..... Posting it 'cause it is so cool!!!!!
Able to walk without aids now, put a Dr. Scholl insert into one shoe and now walking with normal gait.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] I MADE IT!!
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 186
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom