Guest viewing is limited

THR I made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome & congrats! Nice to put a name to a face! You're off to a smooth start - so happy for you - God bless you!
 
Welcome to the other side....you won't look back
 
Lookin good. Made me remember those that seem so long ago. Just a month +. Hope it keeps going well
 
So happy your on the otherside :)...Look forward to your journey as you make new strides. Best of luck :) Sue:flwrysmile:
 
Cheers!

[Bonesmart.org] I made it!
Looking good :)
 
Have been busy so haven't had a chance to post in awhile. Returned home after only one night stay in hospital. Recovery is on track. PT came to my house today and reviewed my exercises. She also showed me how to lift my leg up onto the bed with a dog leash. I was having a hard time before that. My Doc says 1000 mg of Tylenol every 8 hours. An oxycodone every 4 to 6 hours if needed. Adjusting coudamin as dictated by the pricking my finger test. Other than that ice 10 minutes per hour and heat about as much to help with bruising. I was given a type of super glue for my incision and no staples. I need to do my exercises twice a day. My biggest post op fear was putting weight on my leg and trusting that it wouldn't collapse. Once I felt secure I knew it would be ok. I am told I am doing very well so far. Pain is less than what I expected. I am so lucky and happy. Thanks to everyone at Bonesmart. I never could have gotten through this far!
 
Wow @r30kk you are getting along great!
I am so happy for you.
I hope all of us yet to come fare as well as you! :yay:
 
Hi @r30kk welcome to the start of your recovery journey, absolutely slow and steady is the name of the game now.

When you feel up to it, have a read through these articles.... :)

The following is a link to an article which provides some approximate timeframes around the healing phases and processes (and relevant nutritional information) for you to read.

Healing Phases & Nutrition

This second link is to other nutritional articles which you may find interesting.

Nutritional advice for pre op and recovery

But first the BoneSmart mantra

- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock

- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone, especially a physiotherapist to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!
- be active as much as you need to be but not more than is necessary, meaning so much that you end up being in pain, exhausted or desperate to sit down or lay down!

And then the very important hip recovery articles.....

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery
Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key
Activity progression for THRs
Home physio (PT)
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds

Cheers, Poppet.

Disclaimer: The information on dietary factors, foods, and beverages contained in these articles does not cover all possible uses, actions, precautions, side effects, and interactions. It is not intended as medical advice for individual problems. Liability for individual actions or omissions based upon the contents of this article is expressly disclaimed. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of all medical conditions including the taking of supplements.
 
Well done... Great news... Loving the post op picture.... Hope you go from strength to strength... Chrissie xx
 
Sounds like you are screaming through this recovery! Well done!
 
Absolute great advice I have been given to limit myself to a short 5 minute walk every hour or two. As expected I am quite sore but I am staying positive. I'm doing my PT as well but am struggling with the need to do more and the more sensible thing of taking it easy. My patience is in short supply and I just want to be better now. And its hard for me to learn how to be dependent on other people. Does any one else struggle with that? Overall though I am so happy and love reading through everyone's experiences.
:snork:
 
@r30kk so glad things are going well for you!! I'm almost 3 weeks post op and completely understand being dependent on others for some help. I like to be independent and not have to have help. But I realize I do still need it. (Especially since I can't drive yet). People want to help, and I'm slowly learning to let them. Trust me, it's not easy. But I don't want to deny them from doing something they want to do. And know that you won't need help forever. But for now, let them help you so you can focus on your recovery!! Hang in there and hope things keep going well!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom