Recent content by Tedsmum

  1. Tedsmum

    THR post hip replacement pain

    Sounds like things are getting sorted for you. Good luck with the scan, hope it gives the answers you want
  2. Tedsmum

    Thigh Pain

    Sorry that you're having such a difficult journey but it looks like there is a plan to fix things that you can go with. Hope the surgery is soon. Elaine
  3. Tedsmum

    THR Layla's Recovery

    Hi, I too limped very badly pre op and have to make a conscious effort not to fall back into the habit now. My hubby smiles as I get to my feet without using chair arms then apparently I say, "stand tall, butt in, belly in and remember heel to toe" He says it reminds him of our early days...
  4. Tedsmum

    THR Post-op exercise

    Totally agree with @Mojo333, would just add a walk to the freezer to get your ice before resting and elevating :loll:
  5. Tedsmum

    Hip Infection Infection post THR 1 month

    Sorry to hear about your infection, hope it gets resolved soon
  6. Tedsmum

    KiKi60's Recovery Thread

    Sounds like your doing well, best wishes for a speedy recovery, keep up the good work Elaine
  7. Tedsmum

    THR This time right side

    Congratulations and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Someone will be along soon with the guidelines. I was so grateful for them and credit them with helping my recovery. It's really good to follow them Elaine
  8. Tedsmum

    THR Hippalong's Recovery

    Congratulations and best wishes for your recovery. I remember the sandwiches and tea well, sadly they didn't stay down long due to the medication but it was only a one off thankfully Elaine :heehee:
  9. Tedsmum

    THR post hip replacement pain

    Hi Ian, I was seen by a surgeon (Mr Shah) on my consultants (Mr Gambhir) team at outpatients for examination, history and review of XRays prior to my RTHR. Mr Gambhir was in clinic, consulted with by Mr Shah, and a decision was agreed by the 3 of us as to prosthesis. As I'm a "straightforward...
  10. Tedsmum

    THR Tedsmum recovery journey

    Thank you everyone, just hoping for some continued sunshine and we can go away in our motorhome Elaine
  11. Tedsmum

    THR Tedsmum recovery journey

    Hi all, Now 6 weeks post op and have seen the surgeon for follow up. I'm pleased to report everything is well, my range of movement is expected and all restrictions have been removed and I am able to drive and go swimming. He suggested another 6 weeks off work as I need to build up muscles and...
  12. Tedsmum

    THR post hip replacement pain

    That's good news. I am more than happy with the care at Wrightington, Professor Kay wasn't my surgeon but a fellow patient spoke highly of his understanding and surgical skills - you'll be in safe hands.
  13. Tedsmum

    THR Status on June 8 Right Total Hip Replacement

    Hi Christian, I'm almost 6 weeks post op, still using 2 crutches outside when walking and can walk about 20-30 minutes twice daily In the house I am using one crutch and am able to do most household tasks without a problem as long as I am mindful of the restrictions. My right leg is able to...
  14. Tedsmum

    THR my new hips

    Sounds like you're doing really well. Hope you don't have to wait too long!
  15. Tedsmum

    THR Conundrum re further surgical options!

    Hi Alijane, glad things are going so well for you. It seems like the slow and steady route has worked well for you as well as following advice from the excellent people on here and your surgeon. I understand the lack of stimulation you feel and the social support from colleagues at work. When...
Back
Top Bottom