Recent content by teacher ted

  1. teacher ted

    TKR Two New Knees!

    Ha, what a funny story about the bathtub...I fell down some stairs 6 weeks after the 2nd knee, in August last year, I was terrified. I remember 8-9 years ago falling in 3-4 feet of snow on cross country skis and not having the ability to rise (2 months after surgery at age 50!) and when I called...
  2. teacher ted

    TKR Suz's Recovery Journey

    Suz, Stinks to hear that you're in the thick of things, BTW, you really helped me through my little nightmarish journey having the two knees done...take care of that knee, and of course, if the replacement happens one day, you'll coast through that. Ted
  3. teacher ted

    Bilateral TKR My story so far

    Hitech, I am 10 and 11 months out and I often sit on the recliner and let the knees rattle away like a metronome...I'm stopping that BTW, it might damage them. Road-biking, I am up to 15 pretty hilly miles at average of 17 mph clipped in and totally enjoying it, they make a fair amount of noise...
  4. teacher ted

    Bilateral TKR Day 6 post bilateral TKR

    Freya, Don't let the PT work you to death, it comes with time. My biggest mistake after two one month apart was overdoing it at week 2, you can hurt yourself. Anyhow, I am 11 and 10 months out and am in love with my two knees, I mean one looks twice as ugly as the other, but they work great...
  5. teacher ted

    Bilateral TKR BTKR: What was I thinking?

    Wow, I'm at 4 and 8 weeks and you e got me beat on ROM!!!!!!!
  6. teacher ted

    TKR Papas new knee<

    Hey Terry, I've been away with issues, hope and expect all is well. My first day back from tkr 2 my fav memory was putting my feet in ice water bath on a hot day!
  7. teacher ted

    TKR In between staged 1 month replacement both knees

    Cheers everyone, thanks to kayak and Suz for notes:) So, wow. 15 days after doing knee 2, the "old knee" being 45 days old and awesome....I overdid it, too many trips on stairs and a short shopping/nursing home adventure and damaged my older knee's calf tendon causing awful cramps for hours, I...
  8. teacher ted

    TKR Papas new knee<

    And when that 1st week of August rolls around, try to treat the new TKR as gently as you did the old TKR. I overdid yesterday, Increased meds and ice and still had 2" of bleeding thru the bandage. Now doc has me laying low.
  9. teacher ted

    TKR Papas new knee<

    Terry, I climbed upstairs to do some "work" (I fell asleep after maybe 1 hour sitting straight up with both feet on the desk, that coulda gone badly) and this was only 4 days out and I walked mostly with the cane, so the older new knee seems a lot more fit than I figured. The o,d one is sore...
  10. teacher ted

    Bilateral TKR BTKR: What was I thinking?

    I wish I did it your way instead of having them 1 month apart, but, maybe it's all the same in the end (my docs words). I did have a few memorable times between tkrs, but you're just going to get great results in 4weeks less rehab time than me! Anyhow, come September, we should be in nearly the...
  11. teacher ted

    TKR Frustrated

    Yeah, I agree with everybody else, you and this knee have a life together now, I think these knees can be like errant children, they don't move at the pace we expect, but given time, they work out just fine.
  12. teacher ted

    TKR Knew a new knee

    Wow, I've had no thoughts of working on my 4 week old knee. Sounds like your OS is pretty minimal in the surgery. You mentioned hiking, Sue and I used to be the sole maintainers of 7 miles of the Appalachian trail in Maine over 4 mountain peaks, why are my knees so bad?:-)
  13. teacher ted

    TKR Wobbley knee

    That's double the distance my neighbor can do on his knee at 10 weeks. You're doing great and two months is just the start on that knee. This from a guy with a 4 week, 3 day old knee and a new 4 day old hatchling knee, who by the way is busy driving his wife, sue, crazy asking about overdoing...
  14. teacher ted

    TKR In between staged 1 month replacement both knees

    Wow, Having the 2nd has made the first have to really work...it's throbbing tonight but not swollen. The new knee looks like a bowling ball at day four, but the boss tells me the other looked just like it. I am mostly behaving, except I went upstairs carefully (and back down!) and walked 400'...
  15. teacher ted

    TKR Happydale got her new knee

    Good to see a fine result, I love the whole assertive approach with PT.
Back
Top Bottom