Bilateral TKR My story so far

Another boring report after another month of "normal" still clicking, Lt more noticeable than the Rt.
 
Your "boring" good reports on your progress are encouraging for others.

My right TKR is 5+ years old and it still clicks from time to time. I just ignore it.
My left TKR, 2+ years old, has never made noises.

Both TKRs done by the same surgeon, using the same implant type. It doesn't seem logical, but it happens. I don't worry about it.
 
I don't either but, I mention it only because is is an often asked question :)
 
Hitech,
I am 10 and 11 months out and I often sit on the recliner and let the knees rattle away like a metronome...I'm stopping that BTW, it might damage them. Road-biking, I am up to 15 pretty hilly miles at average of 17 mph clipped in and totally enjoying it, they make a fair amount of noise biking too. Hurt a bit after the ride that 1st night, but man, I can hike, do stairs, walk miles at a real good clip....it's amazing.
 
Likewise, Another month has passed and all is well
 
Another month has passed. I visited my son and family in VA and did a lot of stair climbing (three story house) and hiking, my LT knee (the one that clicks) got very sore (in the area of the patella) but no swelling and the soreness went away in a couple of days. otherwise an uneventful month.
 
Another month and all is well, coming up on my 4 year check up.
 
Whoopi! Boring knees are good knees!
 
Well another month plus a couple of days (thanks Erma) and all is well.
 
You've just passed your 4-year anniversary with your new knees. Congratulations!
 
Do you attribute your great recovery to your level of fitness prior? MD? Positive mental outlook? The knee not being really worn down completely pre op? . I'm getting a bil TKR and looking forward to the same recovery
 
I think fitness wasn't a factor I'm a big guy (6'7" 290 lb) and I had been struggling to get around for a couple of years. I think the Dr. was a major factor; he was "anal" about avoiding infection (had me take a full body cleaning with an antiseptic shampoo prior to surgery), and had me using an antibiotic gel in my nostrils for several days prior to surgery. He used sutures on the closing and that clear plastic covered dressing. which stays on and is not supposed to be "changed" when I was in Rehab (a nearby facility) one of the bandages started to come loose the DR. at the rehab contacted my Dr. and he told them not to touch it, he came by personally and changed the bandage. He likely was as anal about all the other parts of the operation as well :)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom