Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR BTKR: What was I thinking?

Those numbers are great for 3 weeks! The first number is your extension, or how straight your let is. 0 is perfect. I'm 9 weeks and still 5. The second number is flex or how much your knee will bend. My best has been 112. You are doing fantastic! Your swelling must be way down. That's wonderful!
 
[emoji16] Thank You! I was thinking I was going to be crooked and have a limp. I'll take the good news!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
You're doing a *whole* lot better than I am. I can't get to 90* yet. You're doing great!!

As for different numbers for your knees, they'll heal at their own pace, so might be different.
 
Thanks! I am overweight now, but have always been limber/flexible. I used to be able to put my foot behind my head!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
I am 8 and 9 months out and I am so glad I did it this way! (My doc would not do both at the same time.) Best of luck to you, teacher ted and anyone else who had BTKR or close to it!
 
Update: I had a weekender PT on Saturday. The bike and sitting exercises were not bad , but toward the end, she decided she would massage some tight muscles out that were in my thigh. From there, it went from hurting to sheer pain! She pushed her thumbs under my incisions and proceeded to knead very deep and roughly. She said she was breaking up scar tissue. I complained that it was hurting me but I was told it was what I needed. Now, when she went on to the left knee, it was pure torture. By this time, I got my bonesmart wits about me and decided there couldn' t be that much scar tissue after only 3 weeks from surgery and through tears and whimpering told her to stop, that she was really hurting me. She but BioFreeze on my knees and told me I could go back to my room and ice it in about an hour. Well, now here it is Sunday night, both of my knees quite swollen, bruising all under my incisios, and unable to lift either leg very well. Learned my lesson the hard way, huh? Should have stood up for myself and stopped her sooner!!!
 
I'm sorry that happrned to you. No one should brutalize you like that. Once you told her to stop she actually broke the law by continuing to hurt you. Make sure you report her.
 
Do these therapists actually enjoy hurting people? It sure sounds like it. A know that I could never be a pt if that is what is required of them. I can't understand why they think you should help someone by torturing them.
 
The bruising and swelling is down some today. I told my regular PT about it. She showed me what should have been done as opposed to what was. Stiff today but I'm icing down now. I'm really ready to go home!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Ask to file a report on the PT who hurt you over the weekend, they need to be educated on the facilities protocol, or let go.
Tell them you want to be discharged ASAP.
 
She pushed her thumbs under my incisions and proceeded to knead very deep and roughly. She said she was breaking up scar tissue. I complained that it was hurting me but I was told it was what I needed. Now, when she went on to the left knee, it was pure torture.

I was horrified reading your report of your PT. It makes me angry :hissy:! I am one day ahead of you and cannot even begin to imagine someone doing this to me. It sounds brutal, painful, and completely unnecessary. What a horrible experience and I'm so sorry you had to endure that.

I hope you can go home ASAP.

That PT needs to be flipping burgers, not tormenting people. :holysheep:
 
What help was she supposed to be doing when she pushed and kneed underneath your incision? Doesn't she know that underneath that incision is much more damage tissues? It just turns my stomach to hear what you went through. And angry enough to cry for you. Turn that person in and never let that pt touched you again!! And don't ever let anybody touch your knee again! It is your knee and you are in control of what is done to it. The less that is done to it, the better!
 
Thanks for your words of advice and compassion, ladies. I was shocked by it, too, and took until my 2nd knee to get my butt in gear to stop it! There can't be that much scar tissue yet! My regular PT was not happy at all when I told her. She showed me how to massage it for scar tissue BESIDE the incisions, not under it and only AFTER it had completely healed, in several months. Thanks for letting me vent. I just hope someone else can learn from my experience. [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Absolutely unforgivable!!! You must file a complaint with the clinic manager and let your surgeon know as well. This therapist should never go near another hip or knee replacement patient. I'm glad you did stop her and hope things improve quickly from her brutality.
 
Oh my goodness, that is just terrible!! I'm a month post op, have a terrible looking scar, but my PT says too soon to massage it! Instead she's trying to tape it flat. She has taken coconut oil and massaged my calf and thigh, but it was a gentle massage for my tense aching muscles, nothing like what your PT did! I agree with everyone else. Report her before she keeps on hurting others!


11 July, 2016 LTKR
29 February, 2016 RTKR
 
Well, I am home from rehab. First week of school here so I am swapping one drama for another! Hard to get done the things that I really need do, such as, RIME and home exercises. Going to look over a new outpatient rehab this afternoon.
@JulySparklers: So great to hear about your aches, pains, clicks, soreness, ROM, extensions, frustrations, and fears! It seems we are all having the same concerns at about the same place in our journeys. Because of your posts, I feel normal! At least normal for us! Today's milestone: getting into my own shower and getting clean all over!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
9 weeks out, feels like 9 months! Everything is going well, I suppose. Down to a couple of pain pills and an icing a day. Stopped PT. ROM and extension are very good. Able to sleep on my side some with a pillow between the knees. Of course, I am still not doing much, haven't gone back to work, just driving today. The real test will be next week when my son and granddaughter, (3), fly down to SWFL for their 1st visit here ever!! I just hope I can get on and off the boats and walk through the sand on the beach!

I have one concern for @Josephine: Recently, only a few times, I have had some weird pains in 2 toes. It feels like something is stinging or poking a needle in them! It happens so sharply that my knee jerks hard. It happens 5-6 times, then quits. It happens when I am at rest, so far. This is my revision knee where I had excruciating pain in my toes after the 1st TKR. Could it be nerve damage, neuropathy, or do you think it's just some weird rogue pains? Ever heard of this?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
This is my revision knee where I had excruciating pain in my toes after the 1st TKR. Could it be nerve damage, neuropathy, or do you think it's just some weird rogue pains? Ever heard of this?
Frequently but it's nothing really. Perhaps you have a little neuroma - a tiny cyst on the nerve.
 
Back
Top Bottom