Guest viewing is limited

TKR Wobbley knee

They were asking me about pain and fever. No, only when I go out in the 90 degree heat plus humidity!! He did say no pool until this heals. I see PA on Wednesday. And panic is my name
 
It sounds like you will be fine. It it was just a small amount then it's probably just a surface infection and the knee isn't infected.
 
Have you in my prayers as well @cshs78! Glad your PA was able to review your picture and didn't feel it necessary for you to rush in. That's definitely a good sign that would bring relief were I in your shoes!
 
My aunt Nancy, an angel, told me that you measure progress in 6 month segments, and she did both knees, 1" diff? You're doing great IMO.
 
I went to OS yesterday and saw his PA, who is wonderful himself. He looked, didn't see a stitch, felt around a good one, and said I am OK. I apologized, he said no, whenever something isn't right, call. He also said I can go in the pool, but I am hesitant. I tell ya, any slight discoloration makes me nervous, and then color is fine. Also how do you know if you have an unstable knee or just need more exercise? I think I can go crazy with this. Every so often, my lateral knee feels week. Yet, I can walk 1 mile in 23 minutes already at 9 weeks. I go to maintenance PT tomorrow and will ask a PT to check me. Maybe I just need different exercise.
 
That periodic feeling of weakness is fairly common for a few months but should be improving gradually as you heal. . Glad your PA did a thorough check and treated you well.
 
That's double the distance my neighbor can do on his knee at 10 weeks. You're doing great and two months is just the start on that knee.
This from a guy with a 4 week, 3 day old knee and a new 4 day old hatchling knee, who by the way is busy driving his wife, sue, crazy asking about overdoing it, aches and pains and swelling, etc.
God, she's had more to go thru than me.
 
over did it this past Saturday. Worked about 5 hours at a festival. I tried to wear the white compression sock, but that kept rolling down, making things worse. I did sit a lot, but got up to move the knee around. Now, I have that tightness around the knee again. I think with icing, and being good, it should release. August 15 is the start of school with day long teacher meetings the first 2 days, yuck, I would rather be moving with my little ones
 
Sorry you over-did-it at the festival @cshs78. It's so easy to do. It's a good opportunity to learn what your limits are so you can avoid going through it again! You have the right idea about getting back to the BoneSmart mantras! I hope you feel better soon!
 
Thanks, I am not one to sit and do nothing, but yes, the swelling is something. If I could be rid of that, hopefully knee would be good. I keep looking at the recovery chart, and yes, I do have aways to go.
Went to my family doctor for a routine visit. She was impressed with what I am doing at 10 weeks today. Walk 1 mile, good ROM. Looked at the scar and said healed nicely. She encouraged me, like OS, to get in the pool, which I will tomorrow! Last time I did go in the pool, the following day, I had issue with a tiny bit of pus, but that is healed, and OS/PA said was probably stitch. I mentioned to family doc about depression, and she said yes. She said it is a long process. She said give it a good 6 months, at least. Swelling is bad past few days, but then so is the heat and soon coming humidity. Glad to know I am somewhat normal, lol
 
It's too bad our normal is stiffness and swelling for maybe a whole year! I look forward to three months out when they say that I can do everything I did before surgery. Alas, and alack, often THEY are wrong. I hope your swelling starts receding fast.
 
update-My knee--it has been 11 weeks. I have wrapped up PT maintenance. I am on my own. Matt at Eastpointe gave me some great help on how to continue exercise on my own. He is the best! I highly recommend Eastpointe. Yes, I cried. I cried alot through my knee journey. Found this wonderful, inspiring support group on the internet. I know I am not alone. My doctor and his PA are great, tolerating me, listening and caring. So very patient and understanding as I continue to improve. In fact I don't go back until next May, unless I have an issue. I am walking at Pearson, 1.25 miles so far, but my goal is 2 miles by October. That is one thing Matt said, keep moving, which after all that I have been through, I will. I am even pool floating! Yes, I still have some swelling and tightness, but like Kirk, another great PT said, I am doing better than I think. I hope so. I have to admit I don't have the same pain that I had for the past several years, just this surgery stuff. It does make me feel like a new person. Recovery is a year or so, but I can go back to work, so watch out, here I come! Just will bring my ice.
 
What a great report! I'm pleased you've had such great support and done so well. :yay: :flwrysmile: :SUNsmile:
 
Some of the swelling went down at 8 weeks when OS said I was doing too much exercise, not giving the knee a break! Now if the rest of the swelling would leave, I would feel good. I just wonder if it is true that if your scar is still reddish, the knee is still healing, Heck mine can even turn a tad purple
 
My scar seems to turn all different shades of colors from pink to purple and everything in between. I refer to it as my mood scar which is similar to the mood rings of when I was ab bit younger! :heehee:
 
I go back to work tomorrow. I will be 14 weeks on Tuesday. Tomorrow and Tuesday are teacher meetings, and Wednesday is teacher work day. Thursday, the students come. Also tomorrow is our back to school night, so I will be gone from 8am-630pm. I have a cooler of ice and ice packet ready to go! Oh, I teach kindergarten. Also, no AC, and last week when I went in to get ready, room was 87 degrees. I still have swelling and tightness, which can leave any time. Plus my ankle on my surgical side is starting to hurt past few days.
 
Be prepared to relax at night. Pick up some take out or defrost a meal. Then ice and elevate at night. Pack a few bottles of water to drink in your cooler that you take to work.
 
Thanks newly bionic! I sure am tired in the evenings and sore. Now I have pain to my arch of my surgical leg. I have new athletic shoes. I went to the chiro and he said not to get orthotics because it will throw my new gait off, and I am still healing, so let it be. What to do?????
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom