Recent content by suedobie

  1. suedobie

    TKR TKR 5th December Hello

    Hi all just a quick update, at last Ron has been given a date for his op next Thursday, the delay has been because he the MRI showed that there is a patch of cancer at the top of his chest (not in the Lung) therefore he has to have an ENT team from Addenbrookes and an Cardiothoracics team from...
  2. suedobie

    TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

    Hi Lyn, Go girl, your certainly making up for lost time with the old knee, I'm sure you will be vaulting over the stile in no time, look at how far you have come already I have increased my dog walks by about 10 mins to about 35/40 mins twice a day , like you it stiffens up by the time I get...
  3. suedobie

    TKR TKR 5th December Hello

    Thanks you, yes we were relived to get the diagnoses, at the least we now know the enemy and are ready for a fight, I am sure it will be a difficult journey but it seems from the articles I have read, that there is a very good success rate in the treatment for this type of cancer. @Ellejay Hope...
  4. suedobie

    TKR TKR 5th December Hello

    Thank you all for your kind thoughts, we did feel a little relieved finding out yesterday, always at the back of your mind is the thought that it would not be treatable, it is going to be hard to get through the next few weeks before treatment commences as Ron just wants to get started asap. We...
  5. suedobie

    TKR TKR 5th December Hello

    Ron has been diagnosed with Papillary Thyroid Cancer, he will have a scan within 2 weeks then surgery to remove the Thyroid, lymph glands and anything else that is affected, surgery will take all day and he will remain in hospital for about 4 days, 6 weeks later he will commence radio active...
  6. suedobie

    TKR TKR 5th December Hello

    Thank you all for your kind thoughts. We have an appointment on Friday with a Head & Neck Surgeon so at least will find out exactly what is wrong and hopefully the treatment programme. It is my birthday on Wednesday so we are going to a hotel in Surrey for two night, don't feel like celebrating...
  7. suedobie

    TKR TKR 5th December Hello

    You may have noticed that I have not been on line for a while, I have devastating news, Ron found a lump on his neck in December that we were not concerned about but when he was I Orlando a couple of weeks ago he rang to say it had swollen and for me to get him a doc appointment, he was referred...
  8. suedobie

    TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

    Hi Lyn, I gave up going to the pt sessions as did'nt feel they were doing any good, I can do all the excercises they showed me with the exception of the bike, at home. The lump on my knee is painful when I push it, don't know if I should go to the docs of to a pt, perhaps @Josephine could...
  9. suedobie

    TKR TKR 5th December Hello

    Hi Ann, unfortunately I just sit at my desk whenI'm at work, get a bit stiff as I get absorbed in work and dont move around, no change ot elevate and ice. Hope you get your other knee done soon and your TKR is feeling more managable today after your exciting night out. XX
  10. suedobie

    TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

    Hi Lyn, good to hear you enjoyed your weekend with friends, how nice to be organising meeting up for a holiday, always lifts my spirits to have one to look forward to. Seems I have slipped back into work with no prob, get a bit stiff when I sit for too long, I still feel I have not made any...
  11. suedobie

    Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

    loved your outfit Ann, looked like a great party, so glad you had a good time xx
  12. suedobie

    Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

    Enjoy your party Ann, go and shake your booty!! you can always do some chair dancing :egypdance:
  13. suedobie

    TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

    @Fancypants the Grandchildren call me Sue as I'm the wicked step mother, Darey is 3 and at the bossy/sulky stage at the moment when she can't get her own way. @SuperSnapper I'm very impressed with your progress, jumping over streams :wow: I had mine done the beginning of Dec and definitely...
  14. suedobie

    TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

    Hi Lyn, thankfully they don't cause me any problems but even if they did I think the fact that I get a better night sleep out weighs that. Sounds as though Grandson is testing the boundaries, if I say the Darcey that she can't do something she says mummy said I have to or mummy says I can have...
  15. suedobie

    TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

    Hi Lyn, sorry to hear you are not getting a full nights rest, I had that horrible problem of being awake for hours trying to find a position that my knee likes but since I resorted to having 2 Co-codamol just before I turn the lights out, I have been having a good nights sleep, my worst time is...
Back
Top Bottom