TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

How are you?
Long time no talk.
I've had a revision.
Have not seen you on.
Just few pep talk on my thread.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hey pal. How are ya? Having any problems or ya doing well? How is the family? Me and my family is doing good.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi everyone,
Just returned home from a fantastic week, my knee did everything that was asked for it - apart from get me over a stile this morning! We had to turn back on our walk, I just couldn't get over the darned thing. Otherwise I've walked every day with no problem, my knee still gets stiff at times, but it recovers so quickly these days.
I might not be on here again for a few more days, I've got to wash, iron and pack all over again as we are off to Gloucester on Wednesday morning, probably until the weekend, I've really got my life back.
I'm off to bed now, I'm exhausted.
 
Well done @Ellejay

That's fantastic you getting your life back. As for the stile, well give yourself a bit longer, you are only 12 weeks out, which we both know in the scheme of this recovery is still early. You will do the stile sooner or later. You're doing fantastic x x x

Have a lovely time down in Gloucester. I'm so pleased for you x x x woohoo!!! X x x x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Excellent news on your progress. Enjoy Gloucester. I used to teach there for 8 years but haven't been back since I left. Lovely Cathedral.
 
its great to hear you being "out and about" enjoy Gloucester. Hope you enjoy the eclipse!
Karen x
 
Yaaaaay look at you. Sooo glad for you its brilliant you saying you have your life back. Go for it tha deserves it lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Ellejay just popping in to say hi and see how you are doing. All is well here except for new aches and pains but nothing I can't deal with. Thinking about you. Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Go Lyn!! I love that you are getting your life back and next time you'll pop right over the stile....off to google what on earth a stile might be!!! a fence?
 
Hi @TexasTee great guess! It's like a climbing frame that gets you over the farmers fences or walls. They put them in the middle or the edge of a fence or wall, so that you can continue your walk x some are really big they're very difficult to get over or even climb on to x hope you're keeping well. Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Hi Lyn, Go girl, your certainly making up for lost time with the old knee, I'm sure you will be vaulting over the stile in no time, look at how far you have come already
I have increased my dog walks by about 10 mins to about 35/40 mins twice a day , like you it stiffens up by the time I get back to the car but no pain, still can't bend it back as far as the other one but guess that will come with time
Obviously Ron's illness has meant I sometime don't even think about my knee, we are in a holding patter just waiting for the appointment for the scan then surgery.
Have a fantastic time on Gloucester, perhaps we can meet up again for a coffee when you get back, Ron is very keen for me to get out now and again but we make sure he is going out of having someone visit so he does not spend time on his own, we are both keeping positive and looking forward to spending some time with our friends in Norfolk next weekend

Sue xx
 
I did post this as part of a chat on someone else's thread just now, but I thought I would get into trouble, so it's here, on my own thread, which I might not use so much as I don't have much to report these days (luckily).
I'm trying to take it easy, I think I've twisted something in my TKR, nothing that a bit of ice, elevation and rest won't cure, but it can be pretty painful at times, and it's gone on for a week now, so I'm not doing too much. I can walk, and indeed had a great time at the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust the other day, but stairs are difficult again at the moment. Oh well, I suppose setbacks are all part of the recovery.
 
Thank you, Ellejay, for trying to minimize off topic chat on other members' recovery threads. You are correct that your updates, questions and concerns belong here on your recovery thread.

It's perfectly understandable that as as a member begins get their life back, their need for BoneSmart lessens. People who want to remain friends move to other social media or email to keep in touch. We expect that and actually like to see members getting re-engaged with enjoying life again. It sounds like this is the case for you and I'm happy to hear it!

I think you have your current situation pegged perfectly. For the first year or so, it can be easy to twist or turn "just so" and cause your new knee to be painful. That can happen with a natural knee as well. Your approach to ice and stay off it is perfect. You could also take some acetaminophen for any pain. I think you'll find it healing in a few weeks with this gentle treatment.
 
@Ellejay Oh dear! Sorry to hear you have done something to your knee and are icing etc again. Bummer!

Hope it doesn't last long and you are soon back to yomping up hills. I do like your attitude to your knee - it's a bit "oh well, things happen but it will be better soon." I expect it come from experience with your other knee too. You've learned not to panic, slow and steady will win this race. :yay::yay::yay::loveshwr:

In the meantime, have a lovely weekend.
 
I totally understand not using your thread so much - there does come a point when there simply isn't much left to say...that's a good thing though! Hope your knee is back feeling great soon.
 
Hi @Ellejay

Some weeks ago I got out of my chair too fast and damaged the soft tissues in my knee. With rest, ice, elevation and most importantly exercise, they've healed really well x x x

I'm sure that you will be fine too. You've good strong muscles and you know what upsets your knee. Just avoid it and you'll be fine x x x

Love Ann x x x
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom