Recent content by star

  1. S

    Driving Post Op?

    hi peeps. I am back again after quite a while with a lot going on. My tkr is now nearly 11 weeks now, and nearly back to normal. When I went back to workk, which is running an After School Club, I spoke to the children about it, and have even shown them my scar which they were eager to see, and...
  2. S

    What were your private milestones

    I got told by the physio yesterday that it is hard to do a measurement whilst bending the knee, so she got me to sit on the edge of the bed and try and push my leg under. When she measured it, it was between 98 and 100, from 90 to 95 the previous week.
  3. S

    A New Milestone for Me

    A new milestone for me was taking the car around the car park! I had my op 5 weeks ago, and it felt good. I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow to see if he will let me back to work. He'll probably tell me to wait and see the consultant,but it's worth a try. I do short journeys in the car, and...
  4. S

    Walking

    Yeah thanks for the advise. I usually end up doing some sort of excercises when it happens.
  5. S

    Stockings

    Thats what I thought. I will wear them at night.
  6. S

    Stockings

    Thanks I will look for it.
  7. S

    Walking

    Glad to know i'm not alone on this and thanks for the advise. xx
  8. S

    Stockings

    I had my operation on 31st MArch 2008, and since then I have been trying to wear the horrible stockings that we are asked to wear. ( The colour of them is bad enough. GREEN), that aside I feel like giving up. I have two pairs. Both have ladders in them and both have gone all loose on the top...
  9. S

    Two weeks post op with some wound drainage

    I had that happening to me. I had to have swabs taken, but everything turned out fine. I have still one spot on the whole of the scar that tends to get like it. I have one big scab on my car that catches on the horrible stockings that we have to wear. The top of scab came off and it wept again...
  10. S

    Knees Crack?

    Yeah. Go for it. Reminds me of what I am missing. So hurry up knee and get better, so I can get back to the line dancing.
  11. S

    Knees Crack?

    Wow. Boot Scootin. Yea. I did a lot of line dancing be my TKR, and can't wait to get back to it. It's a good way to keep fit,but can be very twisty and turny.
  12. S

    i tried

    Hi there. When did you have ypour TKR? I'm wondering if there is any hope for me having a good nights sleep!
  13. S

    i tried

    Ah. I've just posted about restless legs. Glad it's not just me. I don't take medication though, so don't know what to do about them.
  14. S

    Walking

    My son took me out yesterday, and we had quite a long walk around a boating lake that we have here in Northants. I didn't realise how far round it was, but managed to do half way. I wasn't sure how far to walk really, as I didn't want to get all the way round and end up in an ambulance. Half...
  15. S

    Staples all gone.

    ok thanks for the advise, it's much appreciated. x
Back
Top Bottom