Guest viewing is limited

Driving Post Op?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi peeps. I am back again after quite a while with a lot going on. My tkr is now nearly 11 weeks now, and nearly back to normal. When I went back to workk, which is running an After School Club, I spoke to the children about it, and have even shown them my scar which they were eager to see, and then replied " errrrrrrrr, thats horrid" when i showed them.They have been very good. I am in charge so everybody runs around after me, which I am feeling very guilty for I must admit. The children help take the equipment and toys back and forth with the colleague that I work with on that particular session, and it helps the children get involved more. The consultnt doesn't want to see me for another year!!!! Each day I find that my knee feels a bit more 'normal', but I am still very careful to know my limits, and don't push it too hard. I do a session of excercises, at least once a day, depending on what i'm doing it could be more. I seem to sleep better as well. So all in all I am pleased with the result so far.
 
Hmm, I drive a stickshift and started 2 1/2 weeks after a left TKR - I have to drive 30 mins to PT. About an hour in traffic is about enough at the moment....

I threw away the walker on day 3 and the cane on day 4.....and so far have 5 & 113 rom at 3+ weeks...apparently this is pretty good. I think it is due mainly to a combination of relative youth (58) and reasonable fitness (I was swimming 4 times a week prior to surgery, for about an hour each time)...I do wish my surgeon would stop stabbing my knee with what looks like his wife's turkey baster, though! (He is a sweetie, really!).

I get pretty tired after about 2 hours on my feet......and sleep a lot, albeit for one or two-hour chunks, until the pain wakes me up.....but hey, that's OK, look at me go on my new knee!

Wasn't expecting quite so much lower back pain, as the muscles and ligaments have to get used to standing up straight again. In fact, back pain is worse than the knee pain (but getting better, in that it is now balanced evenly on both sides of the spine, rather than on the left side....)

Keep smiling.
 
Crystal -

Since most of these children are quite dependent on you, you might want to rethink the 12 days post op. I am 2 1/2 weeks po, but MUCH of my time is spent doing my PT, icing, elevating, sleeping and a very miniscule part of that time is doing any chores around the house.

It's just me and my husband here, my kids are grown, (I'm 54 yrs old) but I don't think I'm ready to go back even to my desk job yet. The success of the surgery depends soley on how much you consistency you can give back to your physical theraphy, icing, rest and elevating...

Or am I just a wimp?
Laurie

Laurie,

I hope this doesn't mean you're a wimp, because then so am I!!! I think we just deal with the hand that we are dealt! Crystal will be doing what she has to be doing, that is, with the extra help! Good luck to you with that, Crystal! You'll definately be in my prayers!!!

Hess
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom