Recent content by Stan H

  1. Stan H

    THR Running after hip replacement.

    I also love running more than anything. Can't remember life without it really. I had THR April 30, 2014. My OS said I should not run again. But he knows that I will. I believe Dr.s tell you this to preserve the joint without any undue stress. The way a new joint will fail is if you break bone or...
  2. Stan H

    THR Chessie checking in!

    Great job Chessie. Looking back on my recovery...I feel that cycling helped me more then anything else. Some of the research I did said not to try running until 12 weeks had gone by. I tried at 12 weeks. 1/2 mile, then 3 miles, and even ran a flat dirt trail 10k. I need that in my life. And it...
  3. Stan H

    THR Amazing is all I can say!

    You can do it Chessie... I started super slow and short. Ran the straights and walked the curves on a track. 1/2 mile the first time total running. The 3 miles was on a soft flat trail. I'm not going to do much running but occasionally join a 5k. I have been cycling a bunch. Sent from my...
  4. Stan H

    THR Amazing is all I can say!

    Well it has been over 3 months since I went under the knife and who knows whatever power tools. Even though I still have moments where I'm quite aware that I have a unnatural hip, the other 90 % of the time I have almost forgot the same. I have been working full time on my feet since about...
  5. Stan H

    THR From Hipster Chic to Hippie Chic!! My Superpath THR

    Hipster chic should be the poster chic of the perfect THR recovery. Great job! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  6. Stan H

    THR Sue629 Slides down the rainbow and onto the other side

    Glad your doing well Sue. I'm doing pretty excellent. Next Wednesday I'm going to try running again. Short and slow! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  7. Stan H

    THR Hippiee Ki Yay--Dieter's PATH is Super

    Great Deiter. I managed a good 23 miler on pavement today. Feels really good to be putting out some effort again. Keep up the good work! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  8. Stan H

    THR THR and running

    Hello Chessie I intend to run again also but not at all to the extent that I used to. It is just a part of me that I'll take any risks involved to continue. A friend of mine has a blog at www.hiprunner.com check out what other runners have to say there. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  9. Stan H

    THR Amazing is all I can say!

    Week 4 Post-Op Probably the biggest event for me since my 2 week update is that I returned to work full time on day 19. Walking on just my own two feet. My job requires me to stand and walk pretty constant. So on my breaks I sit and relax. On days that I work I try not to do as much exercise on...
  10. Stan H

    THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

    I would travel many miles to take part in a hippie 5k! I do plan on running again. Many do! My friend started a blog site just over 2 years ago on that topic. Check it out... www.hiprunner.com Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  11. Stan H

    THR Ready for the blessings coming my way...

    That is one groovie hip walker. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  12. Stan H

    THR From Hipster Chic to Hippie Chic!! My Superpath THR

    Great job Hipster_Chic Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  13. Stan H

    THR On the other side, but STILL asking you all questions!!

    TED stockings should be Tye-dye for us hippies. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  14. Stan H

    THR Amazing is all I can say!

    Thanks MajorHeidi I have been putting a lot of effort into not doing to much. Baby steps... But for me that may be different then for others because I was pretty fit going into surgery. Been a distance runner most of my life so a 1 mile walk doesn't feel like hardly anything. Sent from my...
  15. Stan H

    THR Break on through to the other side...

    I'm just using an old upright model "Voit". It's probably 35 years old. I'll switch to my real road bike that I put on a wind trainer later when I can push with more resistance. But for now I just feel like no resistance and just easy revolutions are doing me a whole lot of good. Sent from...
Back
Top Bottom