THR Sue629 Slides down the rainbow and onto the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Sue you have done sensationally well and it's great to hear that your continuing to improve so much!! I hope it will be a wonderful day for you with the kids and they will be in awe of you - being part bionic and all!!!!
Great update and so pleased for you :)
 
@Sue629, so thankful to hear of your progress! I understand what you mean about suffering with the pain and wondering WHY you did that for SO long!!!

I, too, have turned the corner! I was on my feet ALL day running errands, after working out at the gym! I was in and out of the car several times, without a problem. My best friend was with me (she had knee replacement 5 days prior to my hip replacement!)! It was such a fun day. . .as though we were back where our friendship started 25 years ago. . .not thinking about aches and pains and working around them!!!!

I have heard several people here mention that 5 or 6 week point when they "turn the corner"!!!! I think I took it going 90 miles an hour today!

So happy for your wonderful progress!❤️


Mercy1
LTHR 5May14
 
*UPDATE* Hi everyone, I haven't posted an update in a bit, so here I am at around 11 weeks ( i am thinking) things are going great. Still have some stiffness when standing after sitting, but from what pt tells me that will go in time and to be patient (easier said than done)..I am still on cane, but more for lil guidance when taking those first few steps then i use it very lightly. My gate has just about come back and I am so very grateful for that. I hoping that all my April 30th hip buddies @hipster_chic, @Stan H , @jebrig3164 and @Hdold are doing well and getting better everyday. It is hard once you start getting back to your life and work you find yourself less on here. I really want to make a point to get on and give back as much as i can. Just got home from Texas and had a fab trip. No probs at all :) Enjoy the rest of the summer....Hugs to all :flwrysmile::friends:
 
Great report! Sounds like you're coming along fine. :)
 
Glad your doing well Sue. I'm doing pretty excellent. Next Wednesday I'm going to try running again. Short and slow!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@fulafoto Hey I got a shirt just like that hmmmmm hahaha....Remember the slow and steady my friend. I think you're the STAR lol...You have done so good so far and you look fab :) Hugs to wifey for me, as she is the brightest STAR putting up with you hhahahah .:rotfl::loll::friends:
 
Sounds like you're doing great! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Texas- this summer is actually not as hot as last summer in my region. My hip is doing great; OS will discuss my knees in August. I also still have some stiffness after I sit for a while; I'm thinking this is normal? Enjoy your new improved life!:happydance:
 
Happy 6 months to my.April 30th hip buddies @hipster_chic, @Stan H , @jebrig3164, @Hdold..I hope this note finds you all well......To all my friends that I made here hoping u all are doing great :)... Wow 6 months, I can remember the first post I wrote and how scared I was. Just got back from my 6month check up and I have to say I feel so great. Xrays she said look fab and I look awesome..She said I make her look good. loll..I said well you are & you gave me my life back :).... So I am Back to work, no more limping, tying my own shoes...and the list goes on. I still get some stiffness if I sit too long or after a long ride in car, but a few strides is all it takes. I have been told, my whole facial features have changed.

Bone Smart is such an amazing place to come when u are going through hip or knee replacements.. The friendships i have made here mean so much to me..:)

For those who read this and are in the process of either deciding or waiting for the "important date" deep breath and things will truly be better......I check in again:loveshwr:
 
Hi @Sue629 ! So great to hear from you! It sounds like your recovery has gone wonderfully (prob not a word, but oh well!) and you are enjoying a much fuller life. I must say I do miss your posts. I'm still lurking around as I recover from my BTKR (much worse than hips) and I was alerted to your new message. It was hard to imagine back then that we'd be where we are now, but I'm so glad I had my surgeries. Life does get better after joint replacement. Have a great life and thanks for being my friend!:flwrysmile:
 
@PuppyLove Thanks so much for your nice response. I haven't had soo much time now that i am back to work, so I am kinda out of the loop here. With that said, Bone Smart will always be a part of me as I truly couldn't of done it without all of you .....I need to read up on you and your knees. a BI? omg you are soo brave. I am amazed at that. A lot to go thru. You are truly a strong and now "bionic" watch out for me women lol lol...I wish you all the best with your recovery....Hugs and always best wishes ...Sue :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom