Guest viewing is limited

THR From Hipster Chic to Hippie Chic!! My Superpath THR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hipster chic should be the poster chic of the perfect THR recovery. Great job!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hello fellow hippies! I'm coming up on my 5 month hip-i-versary, so wanted to check in! I'm pretty much back to normal and life is sooooo good! I'm walking, working out, dancing, wearing heels, riding my bike....yay! I did have one scary moment at the beginning of the month: I was in my car at a stop light in the city and got rear-ended by a big SUV....ugh a pretty scary experience! I was so afraid to get out of the car at first (I had my right foot on the brake during the impact) but my bionic hip seems to be OK, no soreness or pain thankfully! My car, on the other hand, didn't fare as well and has been in the shop for three weeks!! Ah well, such is life :loll:

I hope everyone here is happily healing and doing well!! I'll check in again soon!!
 
Sounds like you're doing great (minus the accident). Better to have your car banged up than your body!:SUNsmile:
 
@hipster_chic Wow my friend..what a great update.:spin:..So pleased you are well. Sorry to hear about the accident..Glad you are ok. Can you believe we coming to our 5 month????..doesn't seem possible. I think of my Hip buds often. I dont get on much, being back to work now, but was planning a 6 month update ;)...So briefly...all is well..no limping, and I can tie my shoes...My 2 goals after surgery. Check and check lol.... Although, since I can tie..i have purchased 3 pairs of sneakers lol gooo figure. I am a new person and sooo grateful for that. I hope my pals are all doing well. We sure have a lot to be thankful for. All my best ...Hugs ;):flwrysmile::friends:
 
Good to hear you're doing well. Oh my.....that wreck, though!!! I'm happy to hear you were okay afterwards. Cars repair easily.....people sometimes not so easily!
 
@hipster_chic - What a great update - and so glad to see all is well in such a few short months. :)
Hopefully the shop can repair your car as nicely as your OS repaired your hip. :snork:
 
Hey everyone! Happy November :loveshwr: Just checking in - I recently went for my 6 months check up with Dr. Grandic and everything is looking good and is where it should be (despite my little car accident back in September)! I'm totally rocking my heels - and only get a little sore when I really overdo things (climbing, kneeling, etc). Even then, the soreness is just that - soreness - and not the horribly debilitating pain that I was experiencing every day (even whilst doing nothing) prior to surgery! My little Superpath scar is just about all faded away (you really need to look close to see it) and Dr. Grandic continues to make himself available to me via text or email whenever I have any questions!

I'm so So SO very happy that I had the surgery, so thankful that I was able to find Dr. Grandic and truly appreciate all of the support and guidance that you provided to me here on Bonesmart! Wishing everyone a safe, healthy and happy holiday season!
 
So good to hear from you . . . I was actually just thinking about you earlier this week when someone on here was looking for a good doc in Florida and needing short recovery time. You went down to Florida for Dr. Grandic didn't you?
 
Hello fellow hippies! Just checking in to say hello! I'm coming up on 10mos post op next week (so hard to believe!) and things are going incredibly well! I rarely get sore anymore, and wear high heels just about every day :egypdance: I keep forgetting that I have a new right hip, it's pretty much how I was before all of this arthritis business started, which is AMAZING! I'm so very thankful for all of the advise and support that I received here, and so glad that I took the plunge and got the surgery! Next up for me is a trip to the dentist (my first time post op) so I guess I just need to coordinate the pre-treatment antibiotics beforehand.

I hope everyone here is doing well - and for those on the east coast of the USA, I hope you're keeping warm!!
 
@hipster_chic Just checked my email and got your post....What a great update...I know isn't it crazy how time flies...coming up on my 10th also. I say it was the best decision and it gave me my life back. .My hip is doing so well....Now if I can just do something with the 100 inches of snow we got here in Boston in the month of February I be in great shape ;).....#snowedin..#hadenough.......Meet you back here in April for our 1 year ;)
:snow dig::martini::ice::cheers:
 
Hip and Sue - I was reading your pre-ops and post ops for what....10 months now? I followed you both and am thrilled that you both are doing so well.

I am up 2/27 - and wanted to thank you for sharing your journeys...it does help others.
 
@mydog So glad to have gotten your note. I hope you are doing well.and wish you the very best on your upcoming surgery....=...We all have a lot to be thankful for. I have made great friends here and it is nice to come back and know that so many new people are finding comfort and making friends still here on BS.....I am going to follow your progress and If I can give you any advice...Stay positive...It does help with the recovery....I came here when i was sad, scared, feeling alone, and it just made me feel so much better knowing there are people here you can lean on. So lean away and i will be keeping good thoughts on the 27th :) :friends:
 
My thoughts turn to all on here from time to time and I am unable to resume my old recovery thread, so I wanted to give an update as well.
Wow, here I am with a LTHR last April, and a resurfaced RH last June with nothing but feeling of being blessed with no pain and living a normal life again. Yes, I have DDD in my back and arthritis in an ankle but I can walk and do most things a sixty year old should be able to do. I feel so good I wonder if there must be a catch. Best advice I can give to those in recovery is wait about six to ten weeks and walk, walk, walk. Wishing you all the best...
 
"Best advice I can give to those in recovery is wait about six to ten weeks and walk, walk, walk"

Excellent advice, suits me down to the ground and throw in a little swimming too!
Karen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom