Recent content by speedy2

  1. S

    TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

    Hi Carol, What amazing news - big congratulations. I hope you have a wonderful day. I have not been on here for many, many, months. I am sorry to hear that you are still having problems and hope that the OC creams etc will help your 'low knee'. Trust you to have something different - so boring...
  2. S

    TKR Speedy2 Knee's First Birthday!

    There'll be no stopping us now @BionicWoman2! Glad things are good for you too. Big hugs Speedy2
  3. S

    TKR Speedy2 Knee's First Birthday!

    Sorry,I couldn't remember the exact tag for my knee buddies @Karl1963 and @Nomorepain67. Hope life is good for you guys too?Big hugs Speedy2
  4. S

    TKR Speedy2 Knee's First Birthday!

    Hello to everyone old and new. Just wanted to say it's my knee's 1st birthday today and life couldn't be better. Pre 'my new knee' life was pretty miserable with continuous pain resulting in me not being able to drive and barely walk. Now I can drive and lead a normal life. I remember wondering...
  5. S

    PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

    Lucky you - that looks just wonderful.
  6. S

    PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

    Hello @BionicWoman2 What wonderful news to hear about your new job. You must be so excited. You will be just wonderful.Sorry I haven't been around much lately - to say life has been hectic is an understatement. Knee is great, I can walk and drive but still can't bend it enough to come down...
  7. S

    PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

    I'm so sorry to hear your sad news @bionicwoman but how lucky you were to have such a special relationship with your ex-husband right up to the very end. Cherish the memories although the pain must be intolerable at times. I'm so pleased to hear about your new job - perfect for you. You will...
  8. S

    OUR SUPER DOOPER MODERATORS

    I can only reiterate the sentiments of others - thank you sooooooooooooo much. I would not have coped with my recovery without this forum. To know that there is always somewhere there when you need support, advice or just a friendly ear is so reassuring. You all do a wonderful job. Thank you
  9. S

    TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

    Hi Carol, I'm so sorry you haven't found the exercises beneficial yet - do you think you are doing too many of them and too frequently? Your knee (and bum) are possibly protesting at this sudden exercise fest! Keep positive - i'm sure you're on he right track this time. Hugs Speedy2
  10. S

    TKR Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage

    Thank you @Jamie and @turtle68. It'g great to hear how others are/have coped with trying to improve stamina and walking. I will keep up my walking and hope I will get improved distances. I don't think I will ever be up to @Campervan but I will give it a good go. Happy walking Margaret, I so...
  11. S

    TKR Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage

    Thank you @alexthecat . I looked everywhere for them! Obviously not the right place.
  12. S

    TKR Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage

    Thank you so much for that Margaret. I think what you have achieved is amazing - I know it hasn't just happened but been a lot of hard work. I am determined to increase my walking a little each day. I can't do that much during the week but am determined to try and walk each day - i've just come...
  13. S

    TKR Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage

    Wow! You are doing fantastically - this is such a positive message and gives me hope that things can improve. I'm nearly 7m and although things are so much better than they were pre TKR I'm still hoping and wanting more. I long to walk greater distances than I am but my knee/leg/body seems to...
  14. S

    Bilateral TKR starting 3rd week - so glad I found BoneSmart

    Hello Kamran, Best wishes to you and your mum - what a lovely daughter you are. I had a TKR in August and wasn't prepared at all for the length of time it would take to recover or the side effects of depression and sleeplessness. It seemed like a very long road at the time but now, 6 months on...
  15. S

    Revision TKR Revision RTKR due to laxity in ligament 3rd March 2015

    Hello @Cherub, I so know where you at. I had my RTKR on August 2nd and it has been a long road. Like you I have had and continue to have problems with ROM - which is still 90 degrees. I tried so hard to improve this with exercises the physio set and walking but nothing improved it. When I saw...
Back
Top Bottom