TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Carol

Just finally catching up on threads. I am over the moon about your forthcoming marriage and wish to pass on my congratulations to you both. Well done Carol. I wish you a very Happy New Year and a wonderful future together too ❤️❤️ xxxxx

With love from Ann xxx
 
Hi Carol,
What amazing news - big congratulations. I hope you have a wonderful day.
I have not been on here for many, many, months. I am sorry to hear that you are still having problems and hope that the OC creams etc will help your 'low knee'. Trust you to have something different - so boring being the same as everyone else he he.
My knee is great now - it was a long road but so so worth it. I lead a 'normal' life now, work, drive, walk etc with no problems at all. Very occasionally I feel it but this is on rare occasions. My ROM is still not good which has stopped me from being able to do some things easily like getting in and out of the bath but hey ho I now love showers anyway.
I hope that you are enjoying making all of your preparations - I really am so pleased for you.
Hugs
Speed2:cheers:
 
@patient 99
Hello My Sweetness,
I am Happy over the moon for You & Mike :yahoo:May you have many years of wedded
Bliss. Not having to buy a new suit seems to be a good reason to get married :heehee:
Is your knee any better ? Know that I know how to use e-mail , I will get your info. &
Write to you. I miss you :friends:
All my Love, Always & Forever,
Diana.... ( AKA...Cuteness ) :loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
now that I know how to use e-mail

Hi Queenie,

You crack me up. You manage the intricacies of an online forum, but are just learning how to e-mail. It don't make sense. Sorry Diana, I forgot that is why I love you. My knee still feels like somebody cut me open and stuck a bit of misshapen metal where my bones used to be. But I have made a promise to God that I wont complain any more so long as it doesn't get worse. What prompted this was that I got bad nerve pain the other night. Its gone now so I think god was listening. So I better keep my part of the bargain. Do you think God reads online messages? If not, I just might be able to moan a bit and get away with it.

I've just sent an email to Sue @Dabber I said how I'd probably not be messaging on BS anymore. And what am I doing................ Also did you see @speedy2 message. Another success story. Its good to hear from the `oldies'.

The best christmas present I got was a spreadsheet. Its absolutely wonderful. A good friend developed it specially for me. At the press of a button I can work out my finances for the rest of my life. Its so good that instead of dying at aged 80 as planned, I've extended it to age 85. Now spreadsheets don't come much better than that. Did you get any presents to compare with that???

If you do email me you have to make it a good one. Gossip of any kind always goes down well. Failing that anything sexual will usually do. If all else fails a vegetable joke or two will do the trick. xxx


ps: now christmas is over are you back exercising and losing lbs
 
Oh I love your humour, you are so hilarious Carol but you are so right!!! Garbage and grass the bane of our lives. We've recently had wheelie bins in our area. Oh I dislike them. I'm only short so putting a bin bag into the height of them is tricky. Hubby is now the official garbage putter outer!!! I think 22 years is long enough to have got to know one another! It's a pleasure reading your posts, they always make me smile xx and I really do wish you both a happy continued future together ❤️❤️X

Btw are you keeping okay?

Love Ann xx
 
Btw are you keeping okay

Hi Ann, Yes manage OK thanks. I've been keeping up with your thread - does it mean you might need a TKR on your left knee? The bin men can't get down my little lane so the wheelie bin has to be dragged up to the main road. Some days the bin men find something in the bin they don't think should be there so we have to drag the unemptied bin back down the lane and try again in 2 weeks. Its becoming a game for me (I don't get out much :heehee:) If I get one over on them it makes my day. `Make my day Punk aka BinMan'. xx Carol

ps: From tv programmes I have learned that if you are in rehab and stay off drugs for 12months you get a badge - `Clean for 12 months' I think the badge says. Well I think BS should dish out similar badges. Oldies, like me, who cannot kick the BS habit should get a badge if they stay off BS for 12 days. There really is no justification for me being around any more, but as I've said I'm a junkie with a habit. :tiredwheel:
 
Hoping for a better knee year for you,

Hi Chris, I'm hoping the same thing for you too. I was so sad when I read Bonnie's revision is now giving her problems. In my mind she was a beacon of hope. Fingers crossed you both `get there'. Shortie has done it, so it can be done.
 
Its.ok. I bleather incoherently anyway and you know.me I walk.into bother sooooo how are you sheeeesh

Legin THR Sep 14
 
haven't heard any and wouldn't listen.any way I make my own.mind up and nope you aren't that. Why minus 10

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi Carol - so glad there was a bit of posting on your thread, I saw it on the list and had a mini catch up. Wheelie bins, weddings and worrysome knees - it made for an interesting read with my morning coffee and the last remains of the Christmas cake.
Let me add my congrats to your impending nuptials (love that phrase - it sounds so dirty somehow ;-))
The things we have to do to avoid the Tax man - thank goodness no new suit will be required for your man! I take it you will be going for the whole shebang with your outfit ....... tiara, glitter and bling?! :heehee:
It's just the opposite for us - we have considered a 'tax-necessary divorce' on many occasions, and if the Mansion tax becomes a reality will have to contemplate going down that route.

I have also not been visiting BS much, just a quick scan now and again and the odd comment to old chums. My lack of presence has obviously caused a lack of alerts on the system, and, as I am officially the laziest person on the planet, am shamed to admit that when I do have a browse, I am hopelessly out of touch, and don't bother doing anything about it .......... unless it is a bad night on TV!!!. Bit of a self fulfilling prophesy really.

Sorry the knee is still being a pain in the proverbial. Mine was progressing well but for the last few weeks it has been mega good. Don't want to seem uncaring and appear to gloat here - but it is just like a proper knee again. Something I haven't experienced for a decade or more. Not sure if it is due to the 'coming up to a year' syndrome that some experience on here, or the fact that it has improved due to my taking Warfarin at the mo. Those in the know like Josephine will probably say that idea is a pile of bull excrement, but I just wondered if it helped with any gunk that remained. Just seemed a bit of a coincidence.

Well take care of yourself, hope the knee pain improves and this year's plans all go well. Wishing you much happiness and if I don't find you on here again - much love and thanks for your brilliant banter and witty repartee. It regularly made my day!

Chris XXXXXX
 
if I don't find you on here again

Chris, Chris you can't do this to me. You really can't. The thing I have struggled with since the beginning is people leaving BS. Every time it happens I find it upsetting. That is probably the main reason I don't message much any more. Something about not wanting to be the last one at the party - little Carol all alone with a few shriveled balloons and a joke that nobody wants to hear. You crying yet???

I take it you will be going for the whole shebang with your outfit ....... tiara, glitter and bling?! :heehee:

chuckle. Will be giving it my best shot you can be sure of that. I've checked out the price of men's suits - goody goody they are dead expensive. As Mike will only marry me if he doesn't have to buy a suit, it makes perfect sense to me that in addition to buying tiara etc. that I get to spend the money he has saved on the suit :wink:

- we have considered a 'tax-necessary divorce'

I am intrigued. Have I missed something? My wedding is on hold until you advise me. Is this only an issue for folk with a SW postcode? Honestly `not knowing what I don't know' keeps me awake at night. Seriously Chris what are the financial advantages of co-habiting, I've only found negatives? You mention mansion tax, but were that introduced my understanding is that being married/unmarried doesn't seem to come into it. Don't worry if you don't want to give chapter and verse about your finances - quite understand. Its just I find finances as exciting as orgasms and certainly light years better than chocolate. I blame my jewish mother. I got a spreadsheet off a very good friend for christmas. Designed, developed and personalised especially for me. WONDERFUL. I play around with probable inflation rates, rises in pensions, increases in house prices etc. I know to the penny what I will have when I am 85 (this is when I die according to the spreadsheet).

Interesting about the Warfarin. I'll mention it to the pain specialist if I ever get an appointment. BTW what you taking Warfarin for?

You take care and DO pop by now and then.
 
Hi @patient 99

How re your knees feeling tonight? My TKR is being very good but the left knee :sigh:

:heehee::heehee::heehee: Carol all I will say is Finances:rotfl::rofsign:In my case then I'm in for celibacy:loll::rofsign::rotfl::heehee:Oh you made me laugh be cheered me up yet again.

Bless you x
 
Hi Carol
You see? You got a reply from me reasonably quickly. I would hate to see you left behind like a pork pie at a Barmitzvah ........... no offence intended anyone.
I just got the impression you were easing yourself out from BS, but if that is not the case - I am definitely still around, just not as much. I really don't feel I have too much to offer now that is pertinent. That said, I reply when tagged and I am a very good replier, just not a very good instigator (it's that lazy thing again). I think I told you before, that living for many years as an expat I got used to making friends quickly and losing them - sometimes just as fast. Carpe diem!
Your sad little scenario of being all alone with the shrivelled balloon almost had me, but not for long. The independent and hard hearted person in me soon kicked in!

Brilliant idea to use the 'wedding suit money' for yourself - I'd go with something elegant to wear and a knock out piece of jewellery if it was me. Clothes will eventually date, but a bauble to keep would be a lovely memento of The Day (plus it sounds loving and virtuous).

Your spreadsheet gift sounds ominously like the sort of thing my husband plays with on a daily basis (heh heh). He spent years advising the uber wealthy how to spend their money in business, and old habits die hard. He has scheduled replacement cars, house refurbs etc until we are about 90, tracks our investments, income, you name it, it's on there. Mind you, I have all the investments in my name - again for tax reasons (so he has to be nice to me!) Perhaps his spreadsheet obsession is to check I am not fuelling my bad shopaholic habits with our hard earned dosh?

Without going into too many details, the Mansion Tax thing will get us by the short and curlies if it is a cumulative assessment of property owned. We have 2 very lovely homes, jointly owned and I own 2 investment properties. Ouch! As I understand one of the mansion tax scenarios, each household would get a tax free allowance (a bit like the amount you can earn tax free with income tax) and then the tax kicks in. Married, we would get clobbered for an awful lot if all our properties were lumped together. Single, we would put our 2 houses into individual names and independently claim the tax free amount. We would each still have to pay something - but a whole lot less. Just hope it doesn't happen. Too much like hard work. High end property would magically drop in price as only the truly loaded could afford to buy anything over £2m and happily afford the annual tax, so how they could prove the true value of a property? I just don't know.
Wont change this into an Investment debate - unlike yourself, I find finance and money discussion, the biggest turn off ever (as hubby has found to his cost!) - but I don't blame you being cautious with Inheritance Tax too. It is evil and ridiculous in this day and age. Just like CGT - it is taxing items bought with post-tax income. We have disinherited ourselves from our immediate relatives, so inheritance from them goes directly to our daughter. Thankfully we don't need it, so we don't want it coming to us first, and being taxed, only to be taxed hugely again along with everything else, when we pop off. We have also put in our Wills that she inherits half our joint estate when the first of us snuffs it - but cannot exercise any control over it, until the second death. There will be plenty of tax to pay, but considerably less than leaving it in one big dollop. Just don't get me started on our attempts to protect her inheritance if she decides to marry and it all goes pear shaped. There is so little that is 100% guaranteed.
The Inland Revenue itself is rubbish. HMRC just sent my hubby a non-payment for nearly £3000 ................ in error. He owes nothing and just had a rebate! Our tax advisor crawled all over it and noticed the NI number and address were right, but the UTR and husband's title were wrong (no, before you ask, he is not Lord Dogwheels!) It was a computer glitch which is evidently very common. Arrrggh..... I despair.

Hope you enjoyed the last couple of paragraphs :wink: and all this finance stuff was better than someone talking 'dirty' to you!

Mention of Warfarin was a wee slipup on my part - the supposed gastric problem I mentioned a few months back has cardiac implications. I have not mentioned it on BS as I don't think it is appropriate. Hopefully a procedure in Harley St at the end of the month will sort it. I have everything X'd - whilst taking a cocktail of Granny meds.
Get one body part sorted and another goes wrong. Getting older sucks!

Take care Carol, hope the knee becomes less painful and promise to be in touch soon.

Chris XX
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom