Recent content by Songlady

  1. Songlady

    THR All Done

    LeeApril26 I'm glad the knee brace is helping your husband! No one wants to be hurting, especially on a trip away! My kids were very lucky; their leader for that trip was extremely experienced in leading such trips and to that part of the world. They learned a lot from her and from going on the...
  2. Songlady

    THR All Done

    Yay, LeeApril26 I am glad youa re there and doing OK! I think for me the trick has been not to get too alarmed each time something hurts. My lower back has been "Screaming" to use a Peaches term I believe because I stood on a cement poolside and watched someone swim for an hour this morning -...
  3. Songlady

    THR Sometimes peachy, sometimes the pits

    Kim22 sorry you are having pain when exercising. I will browse for your post about that. I just go bout my life, and sometimes it hurts. If I've been very sedentary during a day I'll walk around the neighborhood (Peaches about 2,800 steps.) The yoga sometimes helps and sometimes make me hurt...
  4. Songlady

    THR Sometimes peachy, sometimes the pits

    @Peache, I still think you're walking a lot! Fours days ago I walked 9,898 steps, but since then I seem to have hovered around the 4,500 - 5,500 range. Most days I am taking 2 Vicodin (which seems just a little stronger than tylenol) and 2 tylenol. And some of my "Traumagesic", the natural...
  5. Songlady

    Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

    LeeApril26 really?? Cold?? Wow! It was supposed to be cooler here and less humid today but rained on and off all day. I think it's finally cooling down now. The showers kept happening, so I didn't get my walk around the block today to keep the ol' hips moving! Littlejem really? Bach remedies? I...
  6. Songlady

    THR second time easier (so far)

    Hi Lenora LeeApril26 I don't believe we've done the Warrior 2, at least when I've been in class! I find that the content changes from session to session, which I find fun, for the most part. Some sessions will focus more on the core, others more on shoulders.... but I have not heard the...
  7. Songlady

    THR Sometimes peachy, sometimes the pits

    Hi Peaches I agree with the others - I don't think the mileage matters as much as the action of doing steps. My "indoor" steps are certainly different from my "outdoor" steps, and the length of my pace on a crowded sidewalk is very different from what it is when the coast is clear. Let's see...
  8. Songlady

    THR second time easier (so far)

    Goodness, LeeApril26 I'm sorry about the aborted swim! I can imagine exactly what you describe about how you'd have to bend to climb out of the pool. But it's great you had fun shopping! I think when I'm in the actual yoga class and the instructor asks us to bend, I just do it to a comfortable...
  9. Songlady

    THR second time easier (so far)

    Hi LeeApril26 zauberflöte Kim22 ByGosh glynis Has anyone else had this issue? When I start to tag you, the username pops up but when I click on it, the name doesn't automatically type in? Or it might take me or 5 tries...? (Especially an issue with you, zauberflöte because of the umlaut....but...
  10. Songlady

    THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

    @zauberflöte @LeeApril26 @Peaches @Kim22 Now I'm going to be thinking about which foot I lead with. Last time I worried about that I was trying to get a horse to canter on the "correct lead!" Um, stupid question, but once one is walking, does it matter....? :what: Chris, yes, Tevas with the...
  11. Songlady

    THR Sometimes peachy, sometimes the pits

    Peaches 11,000 steps?! My goodness!!!! I will be interested to know how your "normal" days go... let us know next weekend? I have NEVER (not since the hip saga began) walked 11,000 steps in one day! Most of my days I do 6,500 steps. 7,000 is a "big" day for me, and one day I really felt I went...
  12. Songlady

    THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

    zauberflöte where are you going on vacation? Will you be walking, swimming, dancing....? That's, I think, about the distance from our house to the in-laws', and that's about how we spread out the miles, also. Looong day, that first day! (Lots of foot pumps whenever possible helped me.) I like...
  13. Songlady

    Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

    Wow zauberflöte what news!!! Congrats!!! Let's all dance on the Goshporch! ByGosh I am really intrigued by the selling thing. We have a bunch of esoteric books and we are beginning to sort, with the idea of paring down, and this might be just the right way to do that! I hope your daughter is...
  14. Songlady

    THR Red Shoe is Singing on the Other Side

    Hey Red Shoe congratulations! Glad you've made it to this side! Let's do some duets (in my case the meds oughta help....lol)
  15. Songlady

    THR second time easier (so far)

    Peaches I get it! I love the statement and the dry humor! LeeApril26 I know that "something" in the yoga class helps me; I wonder if it's that kind of stretching....? I had thought maybe it was a thing in which we lie on our backs, fold our legs up as best we can, hold on to them (in my case, I...
Back
Top Bottom