Recent content by sibbi1123

  1. sibbi1123

    TKR Is it all really worth it? One Year update.

    Who are you seeing? Was going to NYC HSS but people I know weren't satisfied there and others that were so I decided to start locally and found a good OS. I used Summit Medical Group and had surgery at Overlook. I hope you get a good workup and the new OS helps.
  2. sibbi1123

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    Hi, hope you are doing better, I have not been on BS for awhile, gave up and decided to wait until the site improved and now I am lost trying to find threads I had been following. Sorry your experience with this knee isn't going as smoothly as the other. I am sure you know in time it will all...
  3. sibbi1123

    Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

    A bit late for the party this week, @TheHistorian , unless we hold a gam contest here for BSmartie votes I have to say you both win!
  4. sibbi1123

    Anxiety-disordered person awaiting TLKR July 28

    Hoping all went well and you'll be posting from this side as soon as you feel up to it!
  5. sibbi1123

    Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

    Very cool that you got to do this together, nothing like company from BS. Nice gams too guys! Glad you were able to avoid getting injured....athlete is right!
  6. sibbi1123

    Anxiety-disordered person awaiting TLKR July 28

    yup, that's it! :loll:
  7. sibbi1123

    Anxiety-disordered person awaiting TLKR July 28

    I did not get the tag from your Monday post so just getting back to read your thread. Yes two knees was what I wanted done at one time. I am lazy when it comes to structured exercise and if I was going to be home recouperating and following through with boring exercise then both was a good idea...
  8. sibbi1123

    Anxiety-disordered person awaiting TLKR July 28

    Happy to hear you asked your therapist to at least try. I agree that insurance probably will not cover the session but the possibility of a phone session is encouraging. Having said that, the biggest boost you'll get is from the BS community (in my opinion). It's a great resource and open 24...
  9. sibbi1123

    Anxiety-disordered person awaiting TLKR July 28

    In a recent post you said you wished your therapist made house calls. I am a therapist and when I had my surgery I did phone and skype sessions with my clients the first month or so, it's something I use to only do with my college bound clients as a way to continue therapy. If you ask her you...
  10. sibbi1123

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    Glad to hear you were sprung today and are now recovering. Mission accomplished.
  11. sibbi1123

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    This is the week! Good Luck, this should be easy now that you know all about TKR recovery. Have the bonesmarties here to cheer you on, that's a huge plus!
  12. sibbi1123

    Bilateral TKR Time to post my thread...three months post op.

    @lavender thanks for the welcome, happy to know I am not the only one who went blindly into this procedure. Thank goodness for finding bonesmart! I grew up in Brooklyn NY and like you we were outside all the time, weather permitting, roller skating down the street with the "skate key" on a...
  13. sibbi1123

    Bilateral TKR Time to post my thread...three months post op.

    Well this past weekend I have to say I joined the ODIC and never knew I was doing it! Whoa...all I did was go to work for one hour, then to a birthday lunch I committed to awhile ago and lasted way too long for me, then off to my son's to have a visit with my daughter and her gang who were...
  14. sibbi1123

    TKR The beginning of my new life with a new knee!

    Keep up the positive attitude, attitude is important and makes a difference. I keep comparing this experience to the kids book "The Little Engine that Could"....I think I can, I think I can....I know I can!
  15. sibbi1123

    Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

    I tried to ride a bike yesterday. Thought this is a piece of cake, I'll take a short ride, maybe 10 minutes and that will be my exercise. Felt so strange and scary, all I could envision was me flat on the ground writhing in pain, so back to the stationary bike. I am so jealous but happy for...
Back
Top Bottom