Guest viewing is limited

TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

Hi Lisa! Glad you're on the other side.....again. I hope you are doing well!! Xoxoxo
 
Glad to hear of your successful surgery. Wishing you a speedy rehab. Will be following your journey.
 
@Phil75070
WHERE do you find this stuff? :snork:

There is no end to it.........

[Bonesmart.org] Canadian Girl's Journey
 
Well, I should have gone home yesterday but like last time, they had to get the pain meds under control. It was excruciating but seems to be better now.

They had me up for an ultrasound to rule out a blood clot as I am so swollen and in pain. Thankfully there is no clot. I think one of the nurses thought I was faking it to get more meds. She was stunned that I would have a second surgery so soon after my first if the pain was that bad. I had half a mind to tell her that like her, the pain would be gone and I would feel better, but thought better of that considering she is control of my meds :)

I did not have physio yesterday due to the pain so I am sure I will be stiff today. I have been doing my flexes and icing and elevating so hopefully it will go okay.

The fishing trip was good. My hubby caught the most but his mom caught the biggest. She had not caught one in the past two years and she caught a few this year so I am sure she will be back next year! I am looking forward to having some walleye when my appetite gets better. I am not a fan of hospital food. But who is right?

I want to thank everyone again for checking in. Once I am home with my laptop, I will visit everyone's threads to see how you are all doing!

I am going to now see if I can do any of the PT exercises before they come and torture me. :)

Chat with you later!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad everything is sorting itself out and you are on the way home. Not to be callous, you have walleye to go home to? My favorite fish, I am super jealous.
Let us know how the walleye is, oops, I mean let us know how you are doing.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Oh goodness. I'm sorry you're in such pain! I hope that by the time you read this, it will be well controlled.

Yes, good thinking on not pissing off the woman in charge of your pain meds. :ok:That goes along with always being nice to your waiters and bartenders as they have the ability to spit in your food. :eyebrows:
 
@71Beetle , Lisa,
Glad to hear it's all over. I hope they soon get your pain control sorted out - remember to insist on your pain medications being given on time. Go easy on the physio.

I'll be away for a couple of weeks, so I look forward to hearing that you are doing well at home when I come back.

Best wishes.
 
Wow! I guess I had a gin martini just for you last night! It was supposed to be vodka, but hey I fought through it and drank it anyway!

It sounds like you had an blessedly uneventful surgery! Those are the best kind. You know the next few weeks will be rough...hold on and keep thinking farther down the road.
My weekend was consumed with being over served a few times, catching up with old friends and toasting a beautiful bride and groom! It was so good to see my older and dear friend Kay, she was a beaming mother if the groom and she has done a good job raising two boys on her own.

Back to the real world in the morning. The knee held up really well,,,I did a lot of help setting up for a big pic inc on the 4th...wore a little heal to the wedding and really it was pretty good. Took Tylenol a few times and today I did take a Tramadol, I was stiff Nd tired and flying...

I hope you have a restful night!


4/1/2014 TKR
 
Glad you are able to get back on line & ready to heal. Don't forget all you learned from the first one.
 
Hi All,

Well, I am home safe and sound and I am all the better for it. I was finally sprung from the hospital at 6:30pm and spent the evening getting "my room" ready. I am safely set up in the family room where I will need to stay until I get the stairs figured out. Considering I was just starting to be able to go down one stair at a time on a good day with my left TKR, this is proving to be a significant challenge for me but one that I am up for.

It was good to get caught up with my boys and hear all about the trip up north. I went to sleep at a decent time but lo and behold, the pain woke me up on schedule for my meds.

It was my mom's 77th birthday yesterday. She and my dad will be over to visit me and will bring me my lap top and I will get to give my mom a big birthday hug. I had bought her a nice pair of sandals for her present when we were out last week.

Anyway, my eyelids are getting heavy so I will sign off for now. Will check in later. Have a fantastic day everyone! xo


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm glad you're back home. Now, your job is to rest and put the rest of your family to work. Since you've already put them through boot campthe first time, this will be a snap!
 
Glad to hear you were sprung today and are now recovering. Mission accomplished.
 
Another milestone on your journey met! I hope you are able to rest comfortably on this next step of your recovery!
 
@Nana moon 27 @dogwheels @Phil75070 @Celle @Pumpkln @JustJeff @suzzee2000 @busylizzie @hopefaith @DogLoverx3 @amab @Haze @maryo52 @Wednesday @robograndma @ironman60 @kneeper @Tamsmom @LauraLeigh @Mai5ie @MCD @jbucks @patient 99 @Lily2450 @IrishMike @sibbi1123 @H2OPoloMom @Jozilla @JanetK @Caloparker - hope I have not forgotten anyone.

Thank you so much for thinking of me while I was in for my RTKR. I truly appreciate all of the kind words and thoughtfulness!

So just a quick update. I am on night #2 at home. The swelling on this leg is worse and the pain is not fun but I seem to have a better range of motion. My flexion is a lot better than it was on my first leg at the same time. My quads are really weak so any leg raises are ridiculously difficult. I will keep at it but I hope I see an improvement soon. I am also really really bruised on this leg. They did an ultrasound to rule out a clot (there was none) but wow, I never had bruising like this before.

I feel much better emotionally and physically so far with this one. I have to re-train my family a bit as they got used to me being able to do so much on my own since the last surgery and now we are back to square one. Actually less than square one as I still do not have 100% mobility from the last surgery. Thankfully they don't tae too long to train again. They are so good to me and I am blessed to have them in my life. They are home with me for the summer so it will be fun to have this time with them.

I have not gone outside yet. Walking to the washroom and back is enough exercise for me right now. I am a bit concerned about the stairs to get outside. I did well enough at the hospital to go down two stairs to get discharged but it was excruciating! I know it will come but I don't look forward to it.

Anyway, off to get ready for bed. Hopefully I will sleep well. Chat with all of you soon!
 
Sounds like you are right on track for recovery, you are all done, with replacements and can look forward to a pain free future. Getting there has its ups and downs, we are here to support you!
:sleep:
 
I had a horrible OPT yesterday (different therapist than my first visit-never again with him), BUT one of the things that I did learn is that I can trust my new knee more than I thought I could. Once you gain some more trust of your first operated knee, things will be easier. Please take the time to do this on your own rather than have it forced upon you, but you'll get there! You can do this! Sleep well:sleeep:
 
Hello @71Beetle - so glad to hear that you are home, have family around you and are getting on with the process of getting on with it!!

I am still in awe of you having both done quite closely together - big respect!

I'm sorry about the excessive bruising - I was black and blue for weeks and weeks (in fact I still have a bit behind my knee, that I am wondering - will it ever go?) The worst though was the late bruising, where it was just so achy and then suddenly Kapow! another rainbow of purples and blues burst forth. Thankfully once that happened it wasn't so tender. I hope yours all dies down and fades quickly.

Good about the extra flexion. Do you reckon it's because this leg was in better shape or that you know a bit more regarding what to do and what to expect?

Anyway - I expect that you are really tired so I wont linger here. Hope that everything goes well for you - swelling goes down, pain eases and sleep is not an issue. Its done now - you are titanium!

Talk soon and take great care

XX
 
Back
Top Bottom