Mine still gets itchy occasionally at 3.5 months. I also didn't really remember what it was like for the other hip, but even visually, I can tell that this wound/scar is still healing.
Thanks, @Deni444 . Your positivity has been a model for all of us hipsters (and for non-hipsters as well). Your challenges may have made your road a bit longer, but I have faith that you'll return to a level of activity beyond that which you thought was possible. I will try to pop in...
Thanks, @Layla. Today is my 3-month anniversary and all continues well (other than battling a nasty bout with Covid this week). The hip is not 100% yet, but it continues to improve. I am able now to cross the affected leg over the non-surgery leg, such as when putting on socks, which I know...
As a fellow two-hipper, welcome to the world of symmetry! I found that it was helpful having been through the process before, but keep in mind that (1) there are usually at least some differences in the two recoveries and (2) we may tend to remember more of the "good" days of our first recovery...
@Deni444 - Glad that you're back. That week 1 feeling better than I expected and week 2 feeling like "I don't remember this my first hip!" sounds familiar. Week 2 was disappointing both times.
But at least for me, week 3 both times was the week of the greatest and most noticeable...
Congrats on getting the first week behind you! Just keep ticking off those days one at a time and you'll very soon reach that phase where things start to get noticeably better (as I'm sure you remember from hip #1).
Twelve weeks today, and all continues to go very well. Traveled to Banff this weekend for a wedding and completed a 9-mile hike that had over 2500 ft. of elevation gain. Certainly exhausted afterwards, but nary a twinge from my hip (or the other hip that was replaced in 2020, for that matter)...
Sounds like doing doing well and figuring out the puzzle of this hip recovery. My #2 was similarly a bit different, but I think have experienced #1 helps you more quickly figure out what works best for #2. Slow and steady!
Congrats! Mark this as Day 1 of the new and improved you! You know the ups and downs of the coming weeks, but you will emerge from this stronger and more mobile than you've been in a long time. Better days ahead!
Just remember that you're playing the "long game." Once you get your right hip replaced and have carefully rehabbed for several months, you will have 2 fully-functional hips for the first time in a very long time. There is no telling what your ultimate potential will be, but I would be...
Thanks for the note. All is going well at 8 weeks to the day. The only complaint I have is some groin pain/irritation that shows up if I stand for a lengthy period of time (as in a couple of hours standing at an airport), which doesn't happen very often and goes away with an NSAID. I recall...
You have a great attitude which, as you know, goes a long way to a great recovery. By Christmas, you'll look back at 2025 as a great success in getting your life back!
Congrats! It's great to be dismissed after the 6-week visit. I think that gives some confidence that the come and go pains that follow are just the normal stuff because the OS has confirmed that the implant has taken well. Onward and upward!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.