Recent content by sandbar525

  1. sandbar525

    TKR 11/11/2014 - my recovery journal

    To any pre-op Bonesmarties that might be reading this thread, you have my very best wishes for a successful surgery and an uneventful recovery! Read as many of the postings on this forum as possible and follow the mantras as outlined and you will do great. This forum was my best friend...
  2. sandbar525

    TKR 11/11/2014 - my recovery journal

    @Cynrob It is amazing how long it takes to regain your energy. I had a very successful surgery and pretty uneventful recovery but it still just takes time (as all our fellow Bonesmarties kept telling us)! :) Hope things continue to do well for you. @Legin Thanks for the kind words.
  3. sandbar525

    TKR 11/11/2014 - my recovery journal

    Haven't posted for a while but wanted to give a "back to work" update. Went back to work on 1/5 (at 8 weeks). That week was very rough. Only worked 4 hours / 4 days but was wrung out by Friday. The next week went a little better. Worked 6 hours a day / 5 days. Still had so little energy...
  4. sandbar525

    TKR 11/11/2014 - my recovery journal

    Week 7: Nothing much different from week 6. ROM still slowly improving. Pain behind knee when at maximum bend is lessening. Only take Tylenol sometimes once a day plus 15mg Meloxicam every morning. Sleep is good except my clock needs to be reset. I'm staying awake until early am and then...
  5. sandbar525

    TKR 11/11/2014 - my recovery journal

    :santa hug:6 Weeks: Well, it was just 6 weeks ago today that I was being wheeled into surgery. What a journey it has been thus far! Here's where I'm at today: - Off all meds except 1,000 mg Tylenol 3x/day and 15mg Meloxicam 1x/day - Only use a cane when going outside side (a little for...
  6. sandbar525

    TKR the other side, finally!

    @kvhundley Glad you are exploring another pain med alternative. Oxy did not work for me (learned early on in hospital) and so was switched to Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) with great success. Hope you find something that works well for you. Please don't be overly concerned about those ROM...
  7. sandbar525

    TKR 19 Dec. 2014: santa brings me a new knee

    @treypops Sorry to hear about the pain level. Please make sure you are taking your pain meds on schedule (even through the night). It's so important to try to keep ahead of the pain. Glad you got out the ice. I pretty much iced continuously my first 3-4 weeks (as well as rested, elevated...
  8. sandbar525

    TKR Bionic LaxMom

    @LaxMom Bravo! :santa hug:Outstanding progress report!
  9. sandbar525

    TKR Yorkimom is ready to go...LTKR

    @Yorkimom Hope you were finally able to get some rest last night. So sorry the RLS is proving to be so bothersome but am very glad your knee is doing well. I hope the pain meds does the trick for the RLS and that you can finally get the rest you need! Best wishes for a Merry Christmas...
  10. sandbar525

    TKR Anxiety about TKR - now it's done!

    @jenng2003 Glad you're swelling has gone down. Fingers crossed for little or no swelling after work today. I'm not going back to work for another two weeks but have been following your return with interest. Sorry about the sleep issues! :sad: That certainly doesn't help dealing with back to...
  11. sandbar525

    TKR 9½ weeks means something totally different to me these days

    @wolf woman There was a stage in my recovery when I was using a heating pad on the back of my knee while simultaneously using an iced gel pack on the top of my knee...strange sensation but it worked. Maybe you could do the same (heating pad for your ankle while icing your knee). Hope you are...
  12. sandbar525

    TKR Its been worse than childbirth! Did I make the right decision?

    @dtmbf We should all embroider your quote on a pillow and keep it near us during our recoveries as a reminder! @kneegone Please have patience. Progress may be slow but it is progress!
  13. sandbar525

    PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

    Good for you @SuperSnapper Look forward to your weekly posts and best wishes for the continued successful recovery of my fellow November Nimble. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! :santaclap:
  14. sandbar525

    PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

    Great report @SuperSnapper I'm still relying on ice now, too, rather than meds (except for Tylenol). Keep resting and icing as you make your way forward in your recovery! :)
  15. sandbar525

    TKR Bionic LaxMom

    @LaxMom I started reducing a couple of days ago. This is the first day I will try it without entirely. Have to admit that I'm feeling a little nauseous this afternoon but didn't really sleep very well last night so that might be the reason. However, knee is doing great...so that is...
Back
Top Bottom