TKR the other side, finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only stand it for an hour at a time and I have not used it every day unfortunately. 80/16 which is disappointing. Still having pain issues so visiting nurse advocating for yet another alternative drug. Sitting in the back of our Forester on the way to mother in laws. Not so comfortable,even with ice and elevation. At least it is only an hour!
 
@kvhundley Glad you are exploring another pain med alternative. Oxy did not work for me (learned early on in hospital) and so was switched to Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) with great success. Hope you find something that works well for you. Please don't be overly concerned about those ROM numbers. Once you get your pain under control, they will come. Keep resting, icing and elevating! Once you are home from your outing, please rest up and be kind to yourself. :santa hug:
 
[Bonesmart.org] the other side, finally!

Good luck everyone!!!! Xxx
MeRrY cHrIsTmAs!!!


SonnysWife❤️
 
Now that my pain seems to be more in control during the day, I am finding a deep bone pain at night the last three nights that is keeping me up and that I didn't have before. Entering day 14. Has anyone else experienced increased pain at night only?
 
Has anyone else experienced increased pain at night only?
I think it's quite common to experience more pain at night. I don't know why, but sometimes it seems to be related to doing a bit more in the daytime - a sort of delayed reaction?

Do make sure that you take your pain medications on a regular schedule, especially the night-time doses. If necessary, set an alarm to wake you, so that you don't miss a dose and then end up playing catch-up with the pain relief.
 
In my personal experience getting weird, sometimes intense shin pain at this time of recovery is normal. Not fun, mind you, but not unusual. Hope this feels better for you soon.
 
I regularly get pain and aches at night often put it diwn to fact if busy in the.day I don't notice it then at night I notice it as I also.says oi mister you did a lot today. Hence nearly 4am here

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Its now three weeks since my TKR and I have been suffering from deep bone pain for the last week. I did decrease my meds a bit, but since I've been a little more active I've found it best to up the meds, especially late afternoon, early evening, but I am still awake between 2 and 3 am every morning.
 
Are you taking meds during the night. I wasnt then read Joannes PRM scheme and did so. Still woke but popped a pill.
 
@Ellejay i just started having the deep bone pain as well, however I increased my meds because it has been hard to get under a 5. I am also waking at the same time even with meds. Hopefully this will be a short phase for both of us, but I know exactly what you mean when you refer to deep bone pain. Good luck! I hope your pain is better today.
 
Post op day 16. CPM machine is making a big difference in my recovery. I feel like it has improved my flexibility more than if I did not have it. I spend 1.5 hours a day on it. Swelling is way down and I have gone from walker to one crutch around the house, and will use two crutches when I go out later. ROM is 95/14 so I still have a long way to go but feel like I am making progress. Med chance has made a big big difference in how much I can do. It is really amazing to read the posts from people who had surgery around the same time. We really are all different.
[Bonesmart.org] the other side, finally!
[Bonesmart.org] the other side, finally! [Bonesmart.org] the other side, finally!
 
Great news that the swelling is starting to go down. You will be noticing improvements bit by bit. I'm glad you're feeling more comfortable.

btw--when you get a chance could you put your exact surgery date in your signature? As it gets further out it really helps everyone follow your progress and answer questions.
 
@kneeper done. thanks for the reminder! I find that I go back and forth with pain and swelling. No reason as to why I seem to have a good day and the next not so much, but I am not dwelling on it. I have one more week with PT and then go to outpatient, although I think the PT thinks I need another week b/c of my poor extension (15). I hope everyone continues to improve that had recent surgery. This website has been invaluable and gets me through the 2-4am sleepless periods. Such a comfort to know that we ate not alone!
 
so all has been going ok, 20 days post op today but I have tweaked the top of my knee cap/bottom of my quad coming down the stairs and now can't put any weight on it at all at the moment. has anyone had this happen and is this a normal tweaky thing? there is no additional swelling and I don't really feel like doing my exercises. I hope all my Bonesmarties rang in the New Year with style last night. Hubby, 13 year old son and I all watched the ball drop, watched Elton for a few minutes, and then out like a light until 9am!
 
Great for sleep I'm a.hippie as.in.hip.replacement this best dealt with by @Josephine

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @kvhundley

Stairs are a nightmare. I did a similar thing early on too. I was in agony. The trick is to rest as much as you can elevate and ice it, take your pain meds by the clock!

It maybe that you have to live upstairs for a while until it all settles xx

If the pain continues, I would suggest contacting Josephine or phoning your OS or GP for advice x x x

I wish you a Happy 2015 love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Btw your scar looks as if it's healing beautifully, it's nice and tidy x x x
 
Scar looks great. Xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum ❤️SonnysWife
 
Hi all what up. 12;32 am and I can't sleep. Munchkins all decides sleep In each other room. Yay me. Hub went to work. So it's me and phone and kitty on lap. So it's been a month. And know the ice start to freeze my incision. Does anyone lag ache down the legs?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum ❤️SonnysWife
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom