Recent content by ruffian

  1. ruffian

    TKR Still Looking Forward..... is there any other way?

    Hi Creeker 13, Will be thinking about you tomorrow at work. Hope it all goes well. Was just reading about Brownie back at work and wishing for 4 months out--seems forever away. Have no clue how I got into this print style. Something I bumped no doubt while dropping the mouse on the floor or...
  2. ruffian

    TKR Still Looking Forward..... is there any other way?

    Hi Creeker 13, Today is a do nothing day mostly spent reading a lovely mystery set in the Dordogne area of France where we bicycled 10 or so years ago, but I do well as long as I keep on schedule with the meds. I let the PT's yesterday push me a bit more that was a good, so I will speak up...
  3. ruffian

    Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

    Jacky 48--O my gosh, no wonder Norm is in such pain. There is just no position to get away from disc pain. It is hard also to have to just standby and not be able to do anything to alleviate it. Gentle thoughts to Norm. I hope you two were able to enjoy the blackout and candlelight dinner...
  4. ruffian

    TKR Woohoo! Now I've got two!!

    Hello Jebsw, I understand the thrill of the year's "birthday"----and of annoyance of other things not working right. What sort of hand surgery? What is "flank" pain. I have a mysterious hip? thigh? sacrum sort of pain that I hoped the recent second knee surgery would "erase," but no deal...
  5. ruffian

    TKR Recovering & Getting Ready for #2

    Hi everyone, A snow trip sounds wonderful--up at the mountains. Happily nothing down here at sea level on Puget Sound. We snowshoe these days instead of ski and love it. Nightquilter, related to the how-to a taking a whole coordinated step. I am working on that and when it all comes...
  6. ruffian

    TKR Recovering & Getting Ready for #2

    OK Nightquilter: Story Time Once upon a time (way back around 1974-76) a lovely little dark bay thoroughbred filly was born and given the name ruffian. More than anything in the world she loved to run. She ran and ran and as soon as she was in the lead she somehow found the reserves to stay...
  7. ruffian

    TKR Still Looking Forward..... is there any other way?

    Someone today thought the red eruptions were hives as a reaction to the drugs. And I've also had wonder if they might be from one of three anti-nausea drugs I have been supplied with this time around, as I took an older one today and got a bit itchy. Oh, my gosh, you have had a bit of a...
  8. ruffian

    TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

    Howdy Shubbles, For several days her have tried to thank you [ie, figure out how to find somebody's thread (many lessons by Randi are hopefully paying off if this gets through to you)] for having the "video" (showing my behind the times age here--well, what are they on facebook or a tweet...
  9. ruffian

    Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

    Jackie, Hope Norm is recovering a bit from the doctor outing. Had a thought in the wonder department. Going through the x-ray to board a plane sets off the alarm because of the metal in my knee, if Norm's stent were metal would it set it off too? Oh the things drugged up brains think about...
  10. ruffian

    TKR Recovering & Getting Ready for #2

    Hi Nightquilter, After bragging about my low pain levels on #2, I now have had 2 days of miserable to-the-bone bone ache pain. Instead of listening the Randi's "sage" advice I have instead insisted that I am too! icing enough. Wrong. So today is ice machine/ elevate, ice machine/elevate so...
  11. ruffian

    TKR Recovering & Getting Ready for #2

    Hi Nightquilter, What a misery for you. 2 years ago when I did my first knee there were no anti nausea drugs given and I lept all over the pain drug checkerboard desperately seeking relief. Lost 20 pounds as I couldn't eat beyond a bit of yogurt or applesauce or broth and a cracker. Took over...
  12. ruffian

    Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

    Jackie 48--must be something in the atmosphere up here in the NW yesterday. I can so relate to your joy in being outside. I wanted to be out so Randi grabbed my elbow and propelled me down the sidewalk while I concentrated on not dragging my feet--focusing instead on using the quad to get my...
  13. ruffian

    Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

    Morning Jackie 48, Coffee with 1/2 and 1/2. The day before me. Nearly two weeks and each day rejoicing with relief. You'd have loved our supper--chicken broth/ sour cream/lots of butter in a white sauce filled with chicken bits over toast. I liked my lips over and over with each bite. I used...
  14. ruffian

    Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

    Jackie 48, Forgot to wish Micky and Minnie a happy birthday! Sounds like you celebrated deliciously. I'm looking forward to the two week celebration next Wednesday Actually sat down IN the bathtub today instead of standing. Felt wonderful to be warm all over. No more entertaining sleepouts...
  15. ruffian

    TKR NOW on the other side

    Thanks Shubbles Sure does seem like allergy. I did all that arthroscopic stuff too and am glad to be having it all arthtoscopic "erased" with the TKR. by the way, love your avatar--I'm assuming those two pups are yours and give you lots of comforting. We have a sweet Havanese who hangs out...
Back
Top Bottom