TKR NOW on the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
And 4 weeks later I still feel like a wet kitten by the time work day is over. Still coughing. So take good care and try to rest!!! It goes on forever!!!!
 
I have out of town company and have not been back to the board.... welcome home Lindsey... Glad you are doing so well so far!
Wish Randi a speedy recovery.... it so sucks to be sick. I am going over to Randi's thread to see the awesome Numbers you have.
 
Oh there--the black headed juncos landing with a flourish on the suet feeder and the magenta jeweled hummingbird--Anna's--that stays for the winter, buzzing in. That's the front garden. In the side one our little black dog, name of Rosey (Greer) is acting like a lion defending the raised beds from---worms, I don't know, never can see anything.

Later, much later. Just took all my night meds.

Sometimes that "big black thingy with velcro straps all over it that hold one's leg in a straight position"--should be playing Taboo--is most uncomfortable. I can see its value but it is scratchy and stiff-- a complete failure in the comfort departmenffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffdffddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddfffffdddddddddddddffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.
Oh crumb, did it dagain. Fell asleep. That is is my tale and I'm sticking to it. Can't seem to erase it either. Do let me know what I said--when you figure it out. Sleep well. ruffian
 
Hi Creeker,
My "awesome" numbers have not resurfaced since the first day--partly because I am a "do" person and I've been over"do"ing. My new rule is to be up a maximum of 15 minutes at a time (unless doing PT), so that requires mighty planning and prioritzing on my part. A good thing. I'll take the lesson with me into the after-after life.
This getting married things has rocked my world--ruminations at a whole different level on every aspect of living. It's nice to have enough brain to enjoy the insights.
Hope you had fun and a not too taxing time with your friends.
I am on the good birding window bed. Randi is sleeping nearby on the couch--soooo tired--but there is a better "tone" to her breathing. A friend will come and go to the store for us, and I've I just remembered that the food store will "shop" for you so someone can just drive up and get the sack of whatever you order.
I'd like a fresh croissant delivered with steaming coffee. I don't think that is included. I still haven't gotten over the joy of having an appetite after a surgery. Have a good day. ruffian
 
Is this high enough?
[Bonesmart.org] NOW on the other side
 
Ya, I think so!!! So important to set up your space. Everything within reach, books, water glass, Ice, iPad. Do all our beds look the same with pillows everywhere ??? We gotta laugh.
 
We have over-wintering Annas' too, along with some wonderful varied thrushes & a pair of Townsend's warblers. I wish I could have seen the feeders from my "bed", but I did manage to hobble over several times a day. Wonderful! And so funny about the pillow-palooza. Now I know why we have so many.
Hope your recovery continues to go well.
 
That is about how high I had mine.... It took the swelling down very quickly.
We have the same winter residents as you.... in Sept. we had a familly of owls trying to teach their fledgling to hunt.... Lol... first they had to wait for him to shut up so the rodents would come out at dusk. They actually looked at him on day 3 like they were saying "Really!" Then he arrived for a while and mom and dad were nowhere to be seen.
 
Hi Creeker, Yesterday my "very good meds" got a bit mixed up--bottles and color coded tops and I had to call a halt until I could coordinate them again. No small task --on the drugs. Thus I was late taking my evening doses as the stress of it mixed my up even more, etc., etc.. Finally R. rescued me before a full meltdown even though she was still feeling crummy herself. Today she's perkier in spirit, if not the body and we are now snacking on mango ice cream. ruffian
 
Hi Buddhabear,
Just thinking about you and all you are having to deal with. Much admiration from this quarter. ruffian
 
Lindsay, I'm glad you got your meds straightened out! No wonder you feel asleep posting! You did have me laughing like crazy though, way too funny! :rotfl:
 
Hi Brownie 51,
I'm just one week one day and it feels like "forever" was past long ago. How can you walk let along work?
The PT tells me not to hitch (ie, drag my whole foot forward) if possible, just heel, rock to toe, lift, and stride forward. Hah! After my lurching sort of heel--toe rendition I just drag. 20 steps and I'm through. Take car, ruffian
 
Jacky 48. Today I can laugh too. Have decided to just be rigorous and take meds exactly at the same time so no calculations are needed. I drew the pill shape and color on the bottle and on my list and added any pill markings, then put a spot of the same color on the bottle and on the cap. Hope that covers all the bases.
4:17--my "low" time of day. Just noticing that and my eyes closed my eyes for a second. No fingers on key board luckily. Think the bed is calling.
ruffian
 
RED SPOTS spots erupted on my back/neck shortly after the surgery. Scab over and itch like crazy. Assume I'm "allergic" to some med (they do go away later) but am curious as to what they might be. Rub on an anti itch medicated cream and it calms the itch, but has no other effect. Menthol--1%, Pramoxine Hydrochloride 1%, a bit of Vit E and Aloe. ruffian
 
I'm glad you got the "red spots" to calm down! It's awful when something so irritating pops up!

Funny thing Lindsay, is when I was in rehab and laid up for 10 days, I use to lay in bed and talk with the kids and hubby on my iPad and before I knew it, I would doze off in the middle of my sentences and/or games we were playing, time would pass and I would wake up 15-30 minutes later realizing that I was in the "Twilight Zone"! :scratch:
 
Red spots could be because you were allergic to the detergent they used for the sheets. My mom has that problem with Tide.
 
Thanks Shubbles
Sure does seem like allergy. I did all that arthroscopic stuff too and am glad to be having it all arthtoscopic "erased" with the TKR.
by the way, love your avatar--I'm assuming those two pups are yours and give you lots of comforting. We have a sweet Havanese who hangs out so companionably. What is an MUA that you had in December? ruffian
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom