TKR Woohoo! Now I've got two!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Judy,

Great report, was wondering how you were doing! It's really great to hear how well you are dong with the knees, it's inspiring really!

Hang tough with the work nonsense, you will rise above!

Be well my friend and stay in touch!

Dawn
 
Judy, just getting caught up on your return to work! I'm so glad you have amazing knees! It sounds like the drama at school will subside as you go about your job with your amazing knees! (That's my great hope!)
 
Oh my, I can't believe how long it's been since I've been on here! Things are going well. My left knee turned a year old last week. We celebrated by having no pain. :)

Since going back to work, (is it really less than two weeks?) I have realized the depth of my gratitude for my new knees. I can do my job without constant pain for the first time in eons. I can stand at the front of the class for almost a whole period (76 minutes), I can go up and down endless hallways, I can climb staircases to parts of the building I haven't been in a very long time. I com home and still have no knee pain. My stamina is slowly returning, too. After nearly dropping from exhaustion the first day, I get by without even thinking of a nap when I get home. Now, I'm still working at 2/3 a full schedule. Two more weeks then full-time.

My nemesis (aka department head) asked me today how my knees are coping. When I said they were "great, fantastic, amazing" I am sure I detected a wee note of disappointment: it means her little minion won't get my job after all.

So tomorrow off to the hand surgeon. Sigh. And I spent Saturday in emerg with what they call flank pain as bad or maybe worse than immediately post-TKR, and the doctors are still trying to figure that out, though thankfully it has mostly subsided in the days since.

But the knees, they're a miracle.

Hope you are all making good progress too!
:flwrysmile:

Judy, it looks like you're coming along great on your knees and work progress! :thumb: However, what is this "flank pain" you have been dealing with? Sorry you had to spend Saturday in the ER, that is the pits! I am so glad to hear that you think your new knees are a miracle!

Stay well and stay positive my BoneSmartie friend!
 
Hello Jebsw,
I understand the thrill of the year's "birthday"----and of annoyance of other things not working right. What sort of hand surgery? What is "flank" pain. I have a mysterious hip? thigh? sacrum sort of pain that I hoped the recent second knee surgery would "erase," but no deal. I'm at 3 weeks on the 2nd new knee and recall that it truly took me a year to have full function, but two years to have the full sense of all being well, the little leap to my step. Sending you lots of "cool" for your return to work. ruffian
 
Wow, that's a great report, I mean to say, the knees and going back to work in good shape. I know that was a worry. I'm sorry to hear about this mysterious flank pain and hope it is just temporary.
 
Boy what a story, before I heard this I thought I had the worse but I will gladly give you the award. If she was that way there is a good possible she doesn't know you or was aware of what she did. I have seen a lot of strange things people do when they are on drugs. I feel sorry that drugs effect them in that way. Good to have you back and I hope your pain is under control. Ice when you think of it. I got my second this year and I found not much has changed. Take care. Tashia
 
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo!  Now I've got two!!
I can hardly believe that it's been a year since your first knee was done!! As slow as everything seems at times, time does fly. So happy that things are working out really well workwise. Must have been fun to be able to give your super that response to her question. Sorry you're having problems with other things---hope they get sorted out soon.


Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Woohoo!  Now I've got two!!
 
Thanks to all for your support. I hope you are all doing well too.
Saw the wrist surgeon - a hand specialist - and he wants to do arthroscopic investigation before the bigger repair to the unsuccessful repair. Flank pain is what they called it: on my left side, halfway up. Excruciating pain that 2bags of IV morphine and one of something stronger didn't put a dent in. But so far tests aren't finding the cause. A week later I still feel its remnants. They thought perhaps kidney, lungs, gynecological, etc. all clear except for a small cyst that could not cause that kind of pain.

Knee news...took my niece shopping today, and although the hip hurt and I needed to sit to "reset it", I was able to go all around the store repeatedly getting different sizes and colours. Might sound like a chore but it was a thrill. Until I paid for her new things! I hadn't seen her since Christmas, and she couldn't get over how well I'm walking. It's like every step is fun!
 
Aw Judy, I hope they find the cause of that flank pain and give you relief from that pain soon! I Googled it and it doesn't sound good at all!:console2:

On a good note, your shopping trip sounds like you really enjoyed, expect for the dang hip interruption! The great thing is that your knees are behaving!:yay:
 
A quick update:

My knees are almost a source of joy. I am doing things, little things that most people wouldn't even notice, that I haven't been able to do in...forever.

At work, I return to full-time on Monday after a month-long graduated return at 2/3. The nastiness there continues in full force. Yet as I walk briskly down the hallways, mostly without even a slight limp, I can't help but smile.
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo!  Now I've got two!!
 
Judy, while surfing for images I found this and your post made me think of it:
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo!  Now I've got two!!
Thought you might enjoy it. Keep up the good work!
 
My knees are almost a source of joy. I am doing things, little things that most people wouldn't even notice, that I haven't been able to do in

I can so relate to what you're saying here. Isn't this a great thing? In the final analysis these are the things that do give us joy, in spite of the trials of dealing with irksome, petty people.
 
Your happiness is the best revenge!! Congrats and keep yourself on that high road, you are a rock star!!

Awesome Judy, great report!

Dawn
 
Hi all,
Back to full time at work. Exhausted after the first few, but knees are holding their own. I guess it's the tiredness and the nastiness, but my mood ain't what it was last post. But it will be again.

Looks like wrist surgery probably in late June. The first is a look-see, the second to get the real work done. The fun just never stops.

I've lost track of some of you, for which I apologize. Hope you are well.
j
 
Hi Judy, great to hear from you!!

Sorry that the nasty stuff continues at work. Its like a poison and very hard to expel. I feel your pain and know it all too well. Hang in there.

Also sorry to hear about wrist surgery. I hope that it goes well and you recover quickly!

Not much new with me, still chugging along! Going wedding dress shopping with soon to be daughter in law today, should be fun!!

Take care and stay in touch,

Dawn
 
The girls had a blast but it was quite a free for all. I kept expecting to see cameras pop out as some of the shoppers were of bridezilla quality!!

Soon to be dil found two great dresses, bridesmaids found a couple of contenders as well. She was pretty overwhelmed, and I was glad when the day ended. I am not trying on any dresses until I have shed some serious weight. It was bad enough looking at myself in street clothes in those big mirrors!

Stay well and in touch!

Dawn
 
Hi all. Happy Easter!
Interesting week.

First, I saw a sports medicine doctor about my hip, and she says I have gluteus mediums tendinopathy. I feel better just knowing someone knows what's wrong. So a bit of physio for that, more work at home, and of that doesn't work, some icky sounding injections. She warned it can be a slow and painful process. But as long as the end result is good, I'm okay with that. I mean, after two TKRs, how bad can this be, right? :)

Second, on the work front. Miserable week last week, when the principal let me down badly. But yesterday, I bumped into my department head at church - a combined service for several congregations. Later I got an email from her saying, " I ask you for forgiveness for the times I have hurt you." Wow. Will it make any difference really? Will that mood last til after the weekend? Who knows, but I was truly gobsmacked.
 
Happy Easter Judy!

Sorry to hear about your hip but glad you have a name and diagnosis. I hope you can work through it and feel better!

Sorry you had a tough week at work. People amaze me, in good and bad ways, sounds like you are having some of the same. You have risen above all the **** and that's such a good thing. You should feel good you got an apology, even if it doesn't last too long. Little victory in your column!

I had a rough week as well. I found out i have to have my thyroid removed, I have had nodules growing for a few years and this last year the one side has grown a lot and is pressing against my trachea. Not cancerous thank god. Just threw me for a loop. I see the surgeon n Monday and will decide when to do this, likely in June. I hate the idea of being in meds for the rest of my life, I hate I will have a scar at the base of my neck, just super bummed. Oh well, could be worse.

Please take care and stay in touch!

Dawn
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom