Recent content by rosietosie

  1. rosietosie

    arthritic muscle inhibition

    I had two Icemans for my BTKR in August. I took "ice, ice, ice" to heart. If I wasn't walking or doing PT, I was icing even overnight. I didn't feel the need to try to ice while I was mobile. My suggestion is to plan to ice immediately after you've been up and moving around.
  2. rosietosie

    Upstairs living after Bilateral TKR's

    @Cathleen444 - I see you do not live far from me! Where are you having your surgery? Mine was at Scripps Green hospital in LaJolla. I had an excellent experience there
  3. rosietosie

    Upstairs living after Bilateral TKR's

    @Cathleen444 - I had BTKR 13 weeks ago. Master bedroom is upstairs. I didn't manage the stairs until maybe week 4 only because the first two steps didn't have a handrail and were too high and shallow to accommodate a walker for support. I'm sure I could have managed the stairs if not for...
  4. rosietosie

    Bilateral TKR Rosietosie's Recovery Aug 27

    @Jamie - we hope to finally retire in 18 months. Our first plan is to spend a year traveling in a motorhome to different national parks mainly in the west. We don't do anything in a hurry so it will take us about that long to figure out what kind of RV we want. @PuppyLove - I remember telling...
  5. rosietosie

    Bilateral TKR Rosietosie's Recovery Aug 27

    I must have missed my 10 week post! Been busy I guess! I am 2 days away from being 13 weeks post op. I "graduated" from PT today with my last visit! Got 130 ROM on one knee and 127 on the other. Still a little swelling over one knee when I've had a lot of activity. I visited one of the...
  6. rosietosie

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    @ljrfrm - I'm right there with you on the stiffness. This is my third day back at work and I've been able to keep mobile giving myself plenty of time to stretch and walk around. I even jumped on the stationary bike for 15 mins. My office is upstairs so I'm now going up and down more...
  7. rosietosie

    Bilateral TKR I made it

    @rogersne - so sorry you had such a terrible fall. That has to be scary. Did you call your surgeon to see if you needed to be checked out? If you are in pain, you need to be on some kind of pain meds. I switched over to motrin or advil during the day some where around 7 weeks because I...
  8. rosietosie

    Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

    @Threads welcome to the post op side!!! Hope they get your meds on schedule. Do not hesitate to ask for your meds if the nurses are late bringing them. I didn't give any grace period. And if the nurse comes in during the interim, remind her/him that you'll be seeing her/him in xx minutes...
  9. rosietosie

    Bilateral TKR New pain 10 mths post op

    @conroesin - going back to work will be mostly dependent your energy level and ability to concentrate. I was gung ho to go back at 8 weeks but there was no way I could stay engaged with work for a full day. It's really been the last week or two that I've had the energy to work. So I agree...
  10. rosietosie

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    So glad to hear about your first day of work. I'm sure it's tough with the long meetings and maybe not being in control of when breaks can be taken. My pt suggested I either get a timer or set an alarm on the phone to schedule stretch breaks. I go back to work Monday and while I work from...
  11. rosietosie

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    "I feel like I've come so far and on the one hand I know I'm doing well. I'm thankful I haven't had any setbacks and my recovery has been smooth. However, I'm noticing that this is a really tough stage. Personally, I'm just tired of all of this and it gets frustrating to have everything...
  12. rosietosie

    Bilateral TKR Rosietosie's Recovery Aug 27

    @PuppyLove - Ours is called green spa diffuser. It's available at Amazon. Goes 7 hrs and shuts off automatically. Very compact and has a glow light as well. You can also get the doterra oils on amazon.
  13. rosietosie

    Bilateral TKR Rosietosie's Recovery Aug 27

    @PuppyLove - I am using doterra's Serenity essential oil blend that has lavender, marojam, chamomile, vanilla bean in a diffuser. Instructions say you can apply to bottom of feet as well for a restful sleep. I think I'm going to try that tonight!
  14. rosietosie

    Bilateral TKR I made it

    @rogersne - sounds like you are doing really well with your recovery. I'm 9 weeks post op on my BTKR and am still tired. The surgery takes a lot out of you plus the pt and other activities are physically draining. Give yourself more time to feel like yourself. As far as your friend, the...
  15. rosietosie

    Bilateral TKR Rosietosie's Recovery Aug 27

    @PuppyLove - thank you for checking in with me. I'm now at the 8 weeks mark. Doing well on my ROM - pt measured me at 125 and 127. I'm still having problems getting one knee fully extended. We believe it's because I was so knock-kneed prior to surgery that the muscles all shortened over...
Back
Top Bottom