Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Threads Hope they get their act together for you! Hope you weren't too uncomfortable for long! @Nana moon 27 My mom was a "Nana" too, you both just made me think of her. She passed away 4 years ago, but being a Nana was her favorite thing ever!!
 
Hi @ljrfrm

It's the best thing that's ever happened to me...seriously. I wouldn't change a thing x they're my life x

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Hi @NanaMoon27. We have 3 sons (47, 45, and 42) and 4 grandchildren (15 old granddaughter, one of each twins who are almost 11 and a 3 year old we haven't met yet living in Manila). We got our girls in the next generation ;-) They all call me Nana as our boys called Doug's mother, Nana.

I finally got to sleep last night but it did take a while - it was nice to know that there would be BoneSmarties awake somewhere in the world!
 
Hi Sandra

Did they sort your medication out in the end? X there's always one or other of us lurking around in the wee small hours x x x how are you feeling? Xxxx

Love Ann x xx
 
@Threads I have three boys too :)
Glad you got some rest - hope they stay attentive and take good care of you!!! Any news when/if you might be heading to rehab?
 
@Threads welcome to the post op side!!! Hope they get your meds on schedule. Do not hesitate to ask for your meds if the nurses are late bringing them. I didn't give any grace period. And if the nurse comes in during the interim, remind her/him that you'll be seeing her/him in xx minutes or hours when it's time for meds again. Let them know you are keeping track.
 
@ljrfrm and @Nana moon 27 - no they really didn't sort out the night meds, and I might have to be proactive. I've got a timer app on my iPad and I'll set it tonight.

This was a "to be continued" post - I couldn't keep my eyes open :bored:.

I sat up for over an hour this morning, until I got quite lightheaded and nauseous. I was resting up a bit after that when Doug arrived. You'd think that after almost 50 years, we'd have run of things to talk about - not so!

"Brumhelda" arrived to get me going on physio and on the first day of physio, I understand what you've all been talking about! Luckily a friend (and retired nurse) arrived and held my hand while I being bent and straightened. I kept telling the PT that it hurt but that didn't even register. However, it is Friday afternoon and she's not here on the weekend. It looks like I'll move over to rehab on Tuesday, and I've heard very good reports on that particular rehab hospital.

Supper has just arrived so I'll go play with it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Threads

Oh my goodness that PT should not have hurt you. It's probably as well you get sent to rehab sooner rather than later. I'm glad you're setting your iPad for the meds. Good for you x x x

As for being married a long time, I've been married 37 years and often find the same problem trying to get conversation out of his nibs too xxx

Take care xxx
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Sorry to hear about the meds, and feeling nauseous. Feeling nauseous was a problem for me each time and something I am not looking forward to. They kept giving me meds that were not taking away the pain and made me sick, you need to keep after them, I think most hospital staff get so busy that they don't have time to keep on track. Hope it works out for you. What are they doing in PT to make you hurt? It should not hurt.

Take care
 
@Nana moon 27 - it's a very quiet place here tonight! If I could get out of bed, the few of us here could probably use the halls for a bowling alley. I phoned and chatted with my other half, and now have some idea of who will be visiting tomorrow.

I should start reading through the post-op stuff that @ceele and get my expectations to a realistic level.
 
Cindy, I'm getting mixed messages. I know that sliding your feet back and forth on a slippery piece of plastic while in bed, helps the knee bend - and that make sense. However - she put my knee over a wedge and pushed the top of my knee down so she could feel the muscle, while I moved the knee. That didn't make a lot of sense! However, today was day one for PT - I think I'd better do some more reading!

Fading very fast - hopefully tonight will be a better night.
 
@Threads. Sorry to hear about the nausea . I liked the idea of you and the other knee patients using the halls as a bowling alley! Made a good mental image.
I hope you got lots of sleep last night and feel much better today.
Mary x
 
&threads I wanted to go from the hospital to inpatient rehab because it worked so well for me with the right one. I was denied because I have was doing too well. My OS said there is a narrow window between doing "too well" and "not well enough to participate" where you will be accepted and all because of the f insurance concerns. :(


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi , I think we had surgery the same day...wed . My typing is horrible on this nook. Anyway I had some cardiac issues so they kept my pain meds low...I was pretty uncomfortable, but understood why. I came home yesterday...I had three pt meetings and every time I was in tears...I thought that fri was too soon from wed afternoon surgery to be doing 10 ankle pump, ten heel digs, ten heel slides, ten straight leg lifts,ten of the short arch lifts, the leg swings and the ten sliding back and forth to get a measurement...and they were doing that to us all twice a day. They not paying any attention to individuals...just numbers. They taught my husband all this too...I explained to him that right now,gentle things I can do by myself are much better and have improved greatly o pain level and mobility at home. I go to the pt who rehabbed my partial on tues and I felt she did a goo job. Anyway, I am glad to be home, there was much screaming coming from the other ortho rooms at night, which was disconcerting. I hope you get your meds worked out and your pt acceptable...oh for my meds i am on the qick acting oxy and robaxin and my beloved tylenol.
Good luck!
 
Ladies, you must speak up for yourselves if your PT hurts you. Make it perfectly clear that you will not allow yourself to be hurt.
So early in the story, you really only need to do ankle pumps and heel slides.
 
Hope things are getting better for you. I just returned from a three day trip to a friends house where several of us got together and Nuno felted scarves. We had a blast, I know I won't be able to have the strength to do this for a while so it was great fun.

Keep your spirits up, hope you are able to get some fiber fun in while you are in rehab.
 
I dropped from the radar over the weekend. I had a variety of visitors - family and friends. I got a different PT who promised she wouldn't hurt me, and she didn't! Yesterday I stood and walked a few steps. I was very glad I had worked on my upper body strength during Aquafit. Today they got me up onto a commode which is a bit more comfortable than a bed pan.

I think they'll decide tomorrow about whether rehab facility is for me, @Phil75070 - I'll be covered by Medicare, if they do decide to move me from the hospital. I honestly don't think I can manage the 14 steps between each floor yet. There has been little opportunity for PT this weekend, to get me moving forward.

I'm afraid I'm not being very good at my reports. Some days are in a fog - others are great because I'm distracted! I'm on oxy plus Tylenol now- I'm counting on rehab doing a better job of keeping track of my meds.
 
@fiberlady - it sounds like you had a fabulous day yesterday! Ninofelting is so much fun and you've got time to do some more before your surgery. The friend that drooped in today has got plans to do at least on knit-a-long to get me motivated. Looking forward to getting my hands busy until my knees are ready for the challenge.
 
Hi @ljrfrm - I'm down a bit today. I thought the decision about rehab was to be made today - but I guess not. My OS is on his way to speak at an international orthopedic conference in Rio, so won't be around this week - his team will be, so I'm not alone. I'm having a hard time finding food that is protein loaded and I can swallow. I've walked to the bathroom twice but have little other exercise. I can't do slides because my heels catch on the sheets. Whine, whine
 
Sandra/Threads, why are you having difficulty swallowing? Or is it that foods are not tempting you right now?

Sorry you are down, it will get better.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom