Recent content by reetpteet

  1. reetpteet

    TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

    Love the hair - you look great. Do you think maybe you need to set your 'how do I look today' bar a little lower??? Hope the thigh pain settles down, I didn't have that. did you have it before? Just got our CCC book & think we might return to Garangeoire, do I remember reading that you are...
  2. reetpteet

    TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

    Hi Lyn, just been reading your post-op thread. Seems things are going OK - well done you. I think one of the hardest things must be trying not to compare with the other knee. Remember to get some gin & tonic with that ice! I took my cryo-cuff into hospital I was so keen to get icing & the...
  3. reetpteet

    Josephine joins the ranks of the marginally terrified

    Glad to hear you have your surgery planned (& well under control!) :ok: Just need to remove the blankie from the exercise bike, dust it down & GET ON IT!:biking: Hope the shower cubicle work goes well - I am sure they will be well supervised .............. mmmm? In the meantime have a peaceful...
  4. reetpteet

    TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

    Reading your thread - up to week 9! It's so good to have somewhere to share all the details of TKRs :console2:, saves you moaning to nearest & dearest!!!! R x
  5. reetpteet

    TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

    Hiya - really glad to hear about your new development :yay:! You finally persuaded the doc that enough was enough! We got back home Sunday lunchtime after a further stay in Brittany, a couple of nights near Caen & then 3 nights in Portsmouth. we had a really good holiday & enjoyed the Rally a...
  6. reetpteet

    TKR Rita's recovery

    Am on hols in France & have just met the first person ever to have heard of Bonesmart! Hello Ellejay!
  7. reetpteet

    Bilateral TKR The Historian - recovery diary

    Just been looking at your website - amazing! Well done you. It's inspiring, keep up the good work:hiking:
  8. reetpteet

    TKR Rita's recovery

    Joined the LEGO (Lets Enjoy Getting Older!) walking group from my church on Friday & walked 6 miles. I did it & it was OK but I was in pain at the finish from my 'old' knee, grrrrr. Still, I couldn't have done it 2 years ago. Perhaps I had better stick to 3 or 4 miles which I can do much more...
  9. reetpteet

    TKR Back home LTKR 30 May

    50 mile bike ride! That is some distance. Enjoy your T de F weekend Richard (Sheffield has taken on a yellow hue!) & then your following holiday. (Do you do Facebook?)
  10. reetpteet

    TKR Rita's recovery

    Thanks Janet - Happy Ann-knee-versary to you too ...... we did good! Well done us!:friends:
  11. reetpteet

    TKR Rita's recovery

    TWO years this week since my new left knee! Haven't been visiting much lately which is a good sign I guess. Am going to bow out now from Bonesmart - but will pop back now & again (especially if the right knee plays up!) Couldn;t have done this journey without you all, BS is a wonderful...
  12. reetpteet

    Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

    Happy Ann - knee - versary Jackie! x:flwrysmile:
  13. reetpteet

    TKR Rita's recovery

    Thought you might like to see a few steps I climbed a couple of weeks ago at Houlgate in Normandy. One view from the bottom & one from the top!
  14. reetpteet

    TKR Rita's recovery

    Hello everyone, just back from ANOTHER 5 weeks in France!!!! I know - lucky me. Soooo sorry for neglecting you all, WIFI was rubbish & I don't have smartphone (mine is decidedly unsmart!) or IPAD, so laptop was a bit redundant. Had great time, knees holding up well. Last day in France suddenly...
  15. reetpteet

    TKR Rita's recovery

    Am resting, elevating, exercising - but the ice is in the martini! Lovely hol here in burgundy! x
Back
Top Bottom