TKR Rita's recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly time for France again - just for 5 weeks this time. Will have my An/knee/versary whilst there. Will probably require some sort of posh meal out! Getting caravan out tomorrow & off on Friday. Will get WIFI when I can & when it's free/cheap! Love you all x
 
You are one lucky person not used van yet but in 10 days will be flying over you will have my an/knee/versary/and birthday while there.Then court duty Then van out dont know where yet but knee can take it now,my wife is in Leyburn painting and phoned saying nice but would be better in van,meanwhile i am laying bricks and mixing mortar first time since tkr and knee standing up okay.Enjoy France.
 
Have a lovely time in France, Rita. And early congratulations on your ankneeversary - an excellent word :heehee:

Keep us posted when you're there, when you can :flwrysmile:
 
Have a great trip. Happy Ankneeversary when it comes. Wonderful word! I am sure it will become a bonesmartie favourite.
Toothfairy x :SUNsmile:
 
In southern Burgundy enjoying the sun - at last. France has been wet & cold with lots of mud - not what we ordered. Just in case I don't get online again for a few days HAPPY AN-KNEE-VERSARY to all of us 2012 June knees. Special greetings to Janet, Jackie & Kathy xxx :flwrysmile:
 
Happy for you in sun and yes it has been a long year jury still out,i was in Spain 2 weeks ago SUN all day last week sat in court all week coroners jury service ugh,this week get van ready for week end heading down south coming back about middle September.Enjoy yourself and watch that Burgundy, Son in law and Daughter got me with Sangria.
 
Sorry to hear the weather wasn't favourable in the beginning, but happy to hear the sun is shining on you now, Rita. I'm sure you're having a fab time. Want to hear all about it on your return.
xxxx
 
Hello everyone, just back from ANOTHER 5 weeks in France!!!! I know - lucky me. Soooo sorry for neglecting you all, WIFI was rubbish & I don't have smartphone (mine is decidedly unsmart!) or IPAD, so laptop was a bit redundant. Had great time, knees holding up well. Last day in France suddenly pain in 'old' knee caused a hiccup but 2 days of Naproxen sorted it out.
How are you all? I've been gone so long I was LOGGED OUT - can't believe it!
TTFN x
 
Rita, so nice to hear from you again! I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying life again, and it sounds like you're doing it to the fullest!:yay: Yay you! Keep on, keep'n on kiddo!

As for me, I'm doing great without the knee pain!:yes!: I may have other aches and pains, like everyone else, but I guess the good part is that I can feel them, otherwise I'd be dead!:heehee: So I guess there's a good side to everything ah! :)

Stay well kiddo, and keep having fun!:egypdance::happydance::dancy::martini:
 
Hi Rita is naproxen short for French brandy I prefer a tot of rum myself, happy you enjoyed France and knee okay.Managed just over 3 months in van had grandkids with us most of time so knee had plenty of work and managed it, daughter kept me supplied with Captain morgan spiced rum when she was flying managed a few bottles to ward of boredom of not working (ha ha).Kids and wife are planning next years holidays now other knee can wait a bit longer to much to do at moment, great site near Shoreham and free wifi but you would have to stay in uk. My sister needs 2 tkr and seeing me cope has finally made decision but after she comes back from China holiday next year.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Rita's recovery
Thought you might like to see a few steps I climbed a couple of weeks ago at Houlgate in Normandy. One view from the bottom & one from the top!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Rita's recovery
    CIMG3746.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 284
Very nice, shows the knee works.I like the look of sand and sea below where we spent most of summer it is all pebbles no sand lucky you.
 
Impressed with the stairs, Rita. Sounds like you are doing really well. You, globe trotter you :heehee:
 
TWO years this week since my new left knee! Haven't been visiting much lately which is a good sign I guess. Am going to bow out now from Bonesmart - but will pop back now & again (especially if the right knee plays up!)
Couldn;t have done this journey without you all, BS is a wonderful resource full of wonderful people & incredibly useful information. Whatever you are going through you can bet that someone has gone through it before you, it's sooooo encouraging. Thanks to all of you who were my 'travelling companions'. Can keep in touch on Facebook with anyone who is interested. Feeling blessed :happydance:
BTW - things I can do include hiking, swimming, jiving ............ just wish my new knee made me a better pianist!
 
Happy anniversary Rita! Time seemed to go so slow when we first had our knees done, and now two years later we just wished it would slow down! We've got a lot of living to do!:yay:
 
Many congratulations, Rita, on your two year anniversary! What a journey it has been for us 2012vers. A sign that we are doing well is that we don't come on here as much. A shame in a way, but all good really xxxx
 
Happy upcoming anniversary Rita! I reread much of my pre and post op threads last night, staying up way too late, and you were there with your support and humor and shared road from the start! Congratulations on arriving where you are now, and thank you for being a fellow traveler! You were I bright spot on dark days!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Hi Rita yes you are doing well we are both doing same things but you forgot caravan,staying in yorkshire till Le Tour goes down south then pack van head down south to grandkids and swim and bike with them coming back end of september.Bit of bad news today friend of mine had knee replacement 5 years ago every thing imaginable has gone wrong ,wrong size,came loose,got infection,scar would not heal,today had leg amputated above knee surgeon could not do anything else,but he is looking forward now to getting back to some normalaty.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom