Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Hiya - really glad to hear about your new development :yay:! You finally persuaded the doc that enough was enough!
We got back home Sunday lunchtime after a further stay in Brittany, a couple of nights near Caen & then 3 nights in Portsmouth. we had a really good holiday & enjoyed the Rally a lot. Not sure we would want to go to the same one each year in the same place though. We have had the most amazing weather, we were sooooo fortunate. Now I'm home I'm going to read your thread & get the full story! Thanks for keeping in touch, God Bless, Rita x
 
Really poor wifi signal for the last couple of days, it could be the weather conditions.
We've been lucky to avoid all the heavy rain and have some wonderful days out on this trip to Devon. We've explored Barnstaple, been on a horse drawn barge in Tiverton,visited a beautiful National Trust property and gardens (Knightshayes) and today we intend a coastal visit. Each night there has been horrendous rain, but we've had sunshine all the time we've needed it, and in October you can't ask for more than that. I've had a great time with my brother, but unfortunately news from home regarding my a Dad hasn't been good, he is needing more and more care. I feel guilty not bring there, my sister is managing all on her own, but why do I feel guilty - we have two brothers who also live close by, they should be supporting her. Once I have my second TKR I won't be able to help.
 
Hi Lyn @Ellejay

Your week in Devon sounds just what you needed and it's your happy spirit that is keeping the daytime rains away.

The news about your father must sadden you, and knowing that his care needs are increasing for your family.

Your two brothers will have to understand that you have your own post Arthroscopy recovery to concentrate on at the moment and even more so after your upcoming TKR.

Maybe a family pow-wow is needed when you return.

Take care and may the sky stay dry in Devon,
Cathie
 
Hi @Ellejay sounds like your having a nice break,good will set you up for your T.K.R
It must be a worry about your father, maybe you not being around will make the others get on with it let's hope so.Enjoy the rest of your stay in Devon.
 
Reading your thread - up to week 9! It's so good to have somewhere to share all the details of TKRs :console2:, saves you moaning to nearest & dearest!!!! R x
 
I'm glad you've had sunshine during the days and a lovely time with your brother. Sorry to hear about your father but you are right, you and your sister are going to have to insist your other brothers step up and help!
 
Hi @Ellejay, glad you enjoyed your time in Devon, nice to get away sometimes. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad needing more care, but it sounds like it was coming to that. only because I am in the mix of that situation with my mom and have seen how the more care is required as time goes on. Glad the weather has been sunny when you needed it. Today on the east coast the rain is coming down this morning like cats and dogs and causing my knee to be oh so stiff. Will have to get on the stationery bike today once I get myself together. Hope you have a good day and things get worked out for your dad.
 
Hi Lyn @Ellejay ... your getaways sound so lovely and I am glad the weather behaved for you in Devon. I was sorry to read about your Dad needing more care. Please try not to feel too guilty. You have an arthroscopy to recover from and your next TKR to get ready for. Your two brothers may need a little nudge to remind them that your sister will need help to care for your Dad - he is their Dad too.

This was just a quick call to see how you were going and to thank you for your visits to my thread, even when I wasn't posting. I appreciate your caring very much.

Take Care Lyn ... Will stay in more regular contact now that I have stopped feeling sorry for myself.

Hugs ... Ellen
 
Lyn @Ellejay

Just popping in on your thread to say hello and will pop over to Nana moon's to catch up on your there.

Take care,
Cathie
 
Thanks @TexasTee, I haven't read it all, I've only just found it (strange! I haven't been on my thread for weeks! I don't know what made me look tonight) I will read it tomorrow. How are you keeping?
 
Morning @Ellejay - i'm not sure how I feel about the therapy after reading again. I'm interested to try it but would love to have one of the experienced Japanese practitioners to show me how. Still, sounds like I just need a blood pressure cuff and some gumption so maybe I'll do some more research on implementation.

I'm doing the same as you - doing my best to make sure I've gotten every painful mile out of my knee that's in there before surgery. 2 months seems like forever but I'm sure it will go quickly. I leave for Cabo next Saturday so I know that week will go fast!
 
@TexasTee, I read elsewhere that you are no good at knitting - snap! But I am trying to collect different projects together that I will be able to do from my recliner and I've found different patterns on line for knitted squares to be joined together to make an Afghan throw. All the squares are different stitches, all the stitches are fully explained, and if I go wrong I will just have a square to unpick, not a whole jumper. There is also a lot of explanation on You Tube, so I'm hoping to become a knitter after this op.
I'm also collecting some sewing bits and pieces, books, magazines and I'm recording any good films from TV to watch whenever I want them.
Sorry to be so ignorant - where is Cabo? Is this a holiday trip? Chat soon xxx
 
Hi @Ellejay - yikes, another to do - I need to find a recliner, also - my general elevation is the back of the sectional but I think I need something that I will not be sharing with a 175 pound dog who thinks nothing of sitting on me if I'm where she thinks she needs to be! I do have a nice chaise but it doesn't recline and I'm not at all sure it's spend 12 hours a day in it comfortable.

As to knitting - in my do it yourself with the cool girls guide to knitting and a utube video I managed to do some sort of stitch but I don't think I grasp the tension deal. I like the idea of only having to do one square rather than a massive undertaking. I think I'll buy myself a few lessons - surely I can manage at least a limited grasp of it in the 2 months I have. By the way - what does snap mean in UK in that context? Here it means - hmmm, like "oh no you didn't!" but kind of less insulting. Clearly that isn't what you mean. English is certainly funny when contextualized by two different continents!

I know I'll go insane with only the tv/laptop to entertain me. I do have books in line to read and even a favorite teenage series from Ann MacCaffery -to re-read, surely I can manage that, even if I'm all loopy. I saved the voice and so you think you can dance on the DVR - doesn't matter in the least that I've already seen them, I love those kind of shows - so much passion and energy to succeed!

Cabo is short for Cabo San Lucas - it's at the end of North America in Mexico on the Baja peninsula - it feels like you are standing at the edge of the world, all you can see is Ocean! The views are amazing...we are going for Thanksgiving week, we will be thankful that we aren't cold :-) It's average temp this time of years is 85/30 c
 
@TexasTee, Cabo sounds just wonderful, I like the idea of 30c, it's grey, misty and struggling to get to 10c here.
'Snap', comes from the children's card game, where if you place the same card as your opponent the first one who shouts out SNAP collects the whole pile of cards. So if two things are the same (yours and my knitting skills) we would say 'snap' .
Have a wonderful trip, I hope your knee doesn't cause you too much discomfort, xxx
 
Thanks @DogLoverx3 & @TexasTee,
I was scared stiff - stupid or what! I didn't sleep last night, but as soon as I was in front of the class I was fine, it all came back to me. I was told they were a very difficult class, but I've had a lovely day with them, we've laughed, they responded well (they are only 5&6,) & at the end of the day they agreed I could go back to them tomorrow, so I wasn't too awful obviously :heehee:. My knee even held up ok, it's complaining now, but I can rest all evening. Hopefully I will sleep better tonight.
Thanks again for your good wishes. Xx
 
Good after-noon Mrs Ellejay!
Well done - glad it felt good to be 'back in the saddle'.
So glad you had as good a time as all your little pupils today - and that neither your knee nor red pen failed you.
Rest this evening, get that leg up and look forward to tomorrow.
Talk soon - lots of love
XXXX
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom