Recent content by Plum Perfect

  1. Plum Perfect

    In patient rehab

    Hello @Redfriz, have you had your THR done now? Are you in good health otherwise? I am 68, I had my THR on 9/30/15, one night in the hospital, great recovery except an overzealous PT person. My recommendation is no inpatient PT unless it is a 5 star hotel/restaurant with massages, pedicures...
  2. Plum Perfect

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    Merry Christmas @CricketHip so happy to read of your travel and improvement with you neck. Wishing you a great family visit and many pain free trips. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  3. Plum Perfect

    THR Plum Perfect's new hip!

    Merry Christmas to all my Bone Smart friends, thinking of you and so appreciative of all the support I received. I wish everyone a happy, healthy, pain free day. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. Plum Perfect

    Bilateral THR Aug.18 - a success!

    Hello @hiphiphooray I am so happy reading your great report. I'm tired reading it though, I'm never that productive despite always being busy. I have the crunchy persimmons here, I keep forgetting to pick them. Be well. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  5. Plum Perfect

    THR What did I do?

    @tfberger I feel your pain, I was doing great also, 4 weeks post surgery and I started PT. the same thing happened to me, I thought I was being so careful! In my case it was definitely the PT just too much too soon and now I'm paying for it. My PA told me to take the anti-inflammatory drugs...
  6. Plum Perfect

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    Thanks @CricketHip and @hiphiphooray. The first day of exercise it didn't hurt at the time but the next day, Saturday, my thighs were burning. Over the weekend I did gentle stretches and walking, Monday I was still sore but not too bad. All the exercises were increased but not painful at the...
  7. Plum Perfect

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    @Cickethip what great news to hear, I'm happy you are able to get back to work with work you love. The phased return sounds wonderful too. I'd love to hear the details of your PT. I had to stop mine, they pushed me way to hard, I am mad at myself for not realizing before it was too late. An...
  8. Plum Perfect

    Bilateral THR Topgun's Recovery Thread

    Hello @topgun very glad you are doing so well but I'll chime in and say don't overdo it! Work will still be there. I say this now that I am retired because having to get the new hip just after I retired made me realize that we only have so much time, especially time that is pain free, or nearly...
  9. Plum Perfect

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    @CricketHip I hope your neck is recovering and the injection does the trick for you. Very glad the hip is doing so well and you like PT. I had my first real PT today, Wednesday was my evaluation so I was only introduced to the exercises and given an overview of the game plan. Today I started...
  10. Plum Perfect

    Revision THR What all does this involve?

    @Angie68 I'm happy to hear you are doing so well, keep up the healing. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
  11. Plum Perfect

    Success of open or closed reduction

    Hello @Angie68 I wish there were more people able to help with your dilemma but Josephine has so much experience when she says find a new surgeon I would listen. A 'list' of surgeons is just a place to start, it is so important to have good communication and trust with your OS. To tell you...
  12. Plum Perfect

    THR Hip number 2 on board

    Hello @Kay9 I'm upset reading your thread, if I were closer I'd be there in a flash! Sending you good thoughts and happy, healing vibes along with strength to get those nurses to get it together for you. I hope you are able to get some rest and that you at least have some :ice: to help with...
  13. Plum Perfect

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    @CricketHip, :loveshwr: I'm so happy to have your update now, I admit, I was a little worried when there was no :what: update after your appointment Wednesday. You are always so upbeat and there for everyone I'm glad to know you are doing well despite the PA and her neck comments. I'm...
  14. Plum Perfect

    Success of open or closed reduction

    Where do you live? How many hips/year does your surgeon do?
  15. Plum Perfect

    Success of open or closed reduction

    Listen to Josephine and get a second opinion from a specialist who only does hips.
Back
Top Bottom