THR Plum Perfect's new hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok everyone, I am in SF, just had my 2 week post op wound check. Everything is great, asked all my questions. I did drive, about 1 hour twenty, traffic not too bad. I am at a nearby cafe having brunch, couldn't face breakfast so early this morning. I talked to my pt about BS and she will check it out for other patients. I'm reading about the Tesla (made here) self driving car ( I met Elon Must at a local coffee shop) and thinking I'm just as avant guard with my bionic hip! What a new outlook on life.

Wishing everyone a great healing day!
Good for you. You inspire me today when I have had a headache for 12 hrs.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
@hippywoman sorry for the slow response. Today was my OS appt and yes I did drive, about 80 minutes each way. I had been getting in/out OS car for 10 days, also making a PT routine of it along with moving my foot back and forth from accelerator to brake. Worked up to 3x/day, started driving Saturday, about 1 mile each way, increased daily and then on Tuesday 2x/day. I am laying on my bed now with ice, not because of any pain or stiffness but my routine is to exercise then rest whether I need it or not. I've no doubt I could push myself harder but I want to guard against that. I plan two hours ice/rest before I get up again. I got up T 6:30 and got home at just after 12:30 - my body deserves the rest. Have a smooth recovery, sending happy and healing vibes to you.
 
@CricketHip it is just so amazing to feel this good! I was wondering about my lack of PT since everyone seems to be doing it and I have done none! I have no stairs at home, not even a step anywhere and neither does my street, no sidewalk so no curb. Yesterday I went to REI and they have a double staircase with a nice handrail, I went up and down (after a rest) taking the stairs sequentially with no problem. I'll not doubt my OS again.

How are you doing @CricketHip ? You are 3 1/2 weeks, do you still get as tired? Are you still having sunny weather? We are overcast today but no rain :-(. Thinking of you and wishing a lovely evening.
 
@ DeepBreath love those shopping carts, went to Costco the other day just to walk around with a cart! Walked my 0.6 mile and then bought a pillow to replace the one my 'puppy' chewed up. It was a down pillow, can you picture the mess??? Have a great day!
 
Hi @hip hip hooray @Nana757 @Grannyhippy and @Medfordart my feeling of independence just took a major leap today! It was so empowering to go to see my OS today with no hip pain. I know I have a long way to go but just knowing I am improving and not deteriorating (at least my hip :-) ) gives me such a sense of hope. You are all in my thoughts, I'm sending happy, healing vibes. Have a great day, or evening.
 
Hey Plum! You had such a great day! You know, I haven't had any formal PT sessions either, none in my home and no mention of any in my future. I think he might decide I need some if I am limping or toeing in or out. so I am working hard to get my gait nice and smooth before my appt next wednesday.
I have an app that I downloaded to my phone. I rate my pain level daily and it encourages me to walk and I have 4 exercises to do, calf raises to help my balance and leg extensions to help strengthen my quads and stabilize my knee.. that's it.
Look at you with the stairs! Plummy, you are doing amazingly well! You are ahead of what I was doing at 2 weeks and here I thought I was doing super duper, too. Again, I have to say just how lucky we are to live in this day and age.. what a miracle!!
I had an adventure today, I swept and mopped the kitchen floor.. it was great! haha I also cleaned the sink and wiped down the stainless steel trash can. My kitchen is small so this was no big feat but I did it all easily. I also was down the steps to the basement and did a couple loads of laundry, too.
You were right in your calculations,, I am 3.5 weeks post op. And another spectacular fall day today. My walk outside was super nice.I made it a shorter walk since I did so much inside the house today.
then the usual ice and rest period.

So, lets think about the enormity of this.. a month ago we were feeling so down in the dumps, in pain and worried about our futures.. now here we are- driving, walking, shopping and mopping away!
Never in my wildest dreams,, not this soon after!
And on that note I will wish you a wonderful evening.. We are eating our chili on the front porch, a great end to the day. :egypdance:
 
@Plum Perfect, oh my goodness...a down pillow torn open...YIKES! You sound like you are doing so well and I am so happy for you! You and Cricket give me hope that one day I'll be doing all the normal day to day things pain free, as well as the bigger adventures.
Take care and have a terrific day, Plum. :flwrysmile:
 
H Plum.. Thank you for your sympathy about my cold. boo! But I won't let it get me down. At least i am off from work, a real bummer would be if it happened after my return.
I'm not any worse for hopefully my Airborne mixture is helping.
How are you? I am finding as I increase my household chores that it seems to curtails the actual walking distances. I am keeping track of my steps via my phone and I get around 1200-1400 steps just in the house, doing little activities and chores. I still walk Rooney without a leash in our development. He's such a good boy and stay close by my side.
We are trying to wean him off of me, he seems upset when we walk out the door but when we return he is fine..
I think he will adapt to whatever. I bet your 4 will too. They have each other for company, that helps!!

ok, I hope you are doing well.. :loveshwr: You have been amazing,, doing your recovery all by yourself.
 
Hi @Plum Perfect, Sorry, somehow I missed your last updates. I'm glad that you are healing so well. I was kind of worried. Your patience paid off. It's exciting to see and hear how fast everyone is recovering. So much better than last Christmas!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom