Recent content by Pheebs52

  1. Pheebs52

    MUA LTKR, 8 weeks out; MUA at week 5; worried about ROM

    Fab 10 month report Polkadot! But, I expect that from you since you are my twin! I think we all lose track of what “real life,” is in the lengthy throws of this recovery, but...it comes back to us, like riding a bike. [emoji16] Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  2. Pheebs52

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Jockette, I experienced much what you’re describing with respect to pants after I had my hip replaced, so no, you are not alone with this complaint. In my case, i couldn’t wear underwear, lol! All of them, regardless of style, aggravated my entire hip, so I caved in and went commando for more...
  3. Pheebs52

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Jockette, *ahem*....are you doing your exercises? LOL! Just kidding, of course! You've really been through the wringer with that darn PKR, haven't you? I hope it does improve quickly, (like today) but if not, bear in mind that some of just heal more slowly than others. None of us want to hear...
  4. Pheebs52

    Hinged Joint 8 month regression^

    I echo everything Polkadot stated Tanya! 14 weeks is, unfortunately, just a small speck of time on this healing journey. I think most of us, if not all, have had many days where we felt just like you, but thankfully, they pass. And we improve with the passage of time.:-) Personally, I was...
  5. Pheebs52

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    Jan, first, I'm sending you some Special Healing Pixie Dust. Just use it 2x a day, upon arising and before bed. You are now in that most frustrating phase of recovery, but very soon, I believe things will begin to improve. Hang in there, it really does get better! By November, you'll be dancing...
  6. Pheebs52

    TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

    Hello Smarties! I'm just dropping in to offer an update and some hope to those who may be struggling right now. I passed my 8 month Kneeversary 2 weeks ago and at that time, was heavily involved in moving from our house to our retirement condo! Yikes, what a lot of work, and we aren't quite done...
  7. Pheebs52

    MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

    Fabulous report Becky!
  8. Pheebs52

    TKR The Knees and Me - staged

    Great news rubyyarn!
  9. Pheebs52

    TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

    Hello Smarties! I've been AWOL mostly due to wading through retirement paperwork and trying to purchase the condo. I am now just a few days shy of 6 months post-op and I am feeling pretty darned good. :yes!: I wouldn't classify it as 100% healed, but I'd say perhaps 75%? Both knees stood up to 3...
  10. Pheebs52

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    Standing still is rough this early in recovery so best to avoid it if possible. I found I could manage about 10 minutes of it at around 6-8 weeks post-op, but your mileage may vary. Patience is needed in huge doses.:SUNsmile:
  11. Pheebs52

    TKR kbueno44 - Fractured Patella now.

    I experienced lumbar and hip pain post TKR but it wasn't due to PT. It was directly related to using a walker and elevating my leg too high. PT was actually beneficial for me because they addressed these problems along with my knee.
  12. Pheebs52

    TKR The Knees and Me - staged

    Walking is a vastly underrated *sport* @rubyyarn!
  13. Pheebs52

    TKR The Knees and Me - staged

    @rubyyarn, congratulations on finishing PT And getting the fabulous TKR Tough T-Shirt! You’ve certainly earned it, eh? As they say, each knee is different, so it doesn’t seem unusual that this one is a bit more painful than the first, and especially since it’s the second tkr in just 3 months...
  14. Pheebs52

    TKR Phrog's Great Expectations - Downgraded a Little<

    Thanks for that explanation on how a thyroid problem is regulated @phrog! Here's hoping yours will be fairly quick to respond and you can banish those annoying and painful symptoms soon! Oooh, redecorating sounds like a great diversion right now! By now, between the knees and the thyroid, I'm...
  15. Pheebs52

    TKR TKR Knee Pain 8 yrs out - Question

    @amymhere, I think for just 7 weeks post-op you are on a stellar path to recovery! Your ROM is fab! At 5.5 months, I only hit 115 flexion on super-loose days, so I can say this with great confidence, lol! As for the pain and swelling, well, unfortunately, it goes with the territory for so many...
Back
Top Bottom