Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

Yesterday was just one of those days :shrug: I tried really hard to be upbeat, but no matter how hard I tried, the tears finally hit at bedtime. My poor DH is at a loss when they hit. :beg: Little better today, my DH had to be at office all day today, so I’m home alone. Nice to be alone sometimes, you can just be yourself, not have to pretend you feel great. You can stay in your jammies, with an ice pack. Just chill.
 
I found it very restful to be home all day. Like you say, you don’t have to put on any “masks” about how you are doing or feeling, though people in general expect less of us than we expect of ourselves when we’re around them.

Ice is the best. It was especially welcome when switching to milder pain meds. Really notice the difference ice makes.
 
@SusieShoes yes ice is definitely a friend. I tried cutting pain meds in half and spacing them out to 8 hours apart, but I’m just not quite there yet. Today I’ve basically done nothing but very basic ADL’s. I’m finding I still need a whole Percocet spaced about 8 hours apart, with a Tylenol between the doses. This knee was in really bad shape, needed a lot of tendon and ligament work to get everything lined up.
 
Oh, Jan, I'm sorry the bugaboos hit you! They all tell us it will probably happen but when it does, yuck. Do you have any interest in the Olympics? Maybe that can take you away for awhile? Let yourself have a vacation from this recovery business. A pajama day is good and eating junk food isn't bad either. Stay in touch. I'll try to think up some jokes.
 
What have I done... I told my daughter that the next time they went to Disney World that my husband and I would go also. Well, she just informed me that we will be going in November. I hope I’ll be up to 10 miles a day by then. It scares me to think about it:yikes: it’s been six years since I’ve been. My granddaughter is so excited, I can’t back out now.
 
Take it nice and slow jboles and I expect you'll be ready by November! And as we know, walking is great exercise so once you are getting a little stronger with #2 and as the weather gets nicer you'll be able to get into a nice walking routine. Hang in there - as you know these first months are trying. :SUNsmile:
 
Your knee should be more than ready for that wonderful trip to Disney World in November! Just don't overwork it now!
 
Wow, what a goal! I'll bet you'll be good to go but remember what my friend did after her TKR. She got one of those riding carts and they were moved to the front of every line. She said the only problem was that she almost ran over a few people! She's planning to get one every time she goes now!
 
@MSgirl I’m such a terrible driver on those carts, I would be so afraid of running over something or someone! Would be nice to go to front of the line though, hmmm.... The last time we went to Disney, I walked on the treadmill every day for about 6 months to build up my endurance, I need that now more than ever. I can’t hold out for more than about 15 minutes before I have to sit down. November will be here before I can blink.
 
jboles!!!! I'm sorry I missed your post and I hope today you are feeling better. Let it out!!! Disney sounds terrific! You will be ready and what a time to look forward to!!! These frustrating times do indeed challenge us. The physical drain is maddening as usually the remedy is to go walking but I just only putz along which leads to more frustration. 4 weeks this week for us...sometimes I think its gone fast, others not so much. Pain has been good except for 1 a.m. just this silly weakness and drain of energy. We will get there! Hope your today is better, will be thinking of you! :)
 
Thanks @amymj I’m trying to remember last time, and I think the blues hit about now, so I guess it shouldn’t surprise me. I’m going to try going to my office for a few hours tomorrow. I really need it for my mental wellbeing. I’m typically a stress eater, let me tell you, this gluten free diet has sure put a hamper on that. My poor husband never knows what to fix, he’s not the greatest chef anyway, but cooking gluten free is really getting to him. I’m starting to prepare meals again, it sure wears me out though. I keep telling myself that in another 3 weeks I’ll be so much better.
 
Jan, first, I'm sending you some Special Healing Pixie Dust. Just use it 2x a day, upon arising and before bed. You are now in that most frustrating phase of recovery, but very soon, I believe things will begin to improve. Hang in there, it really does get better! By November, you'll be dancing through Disney!
 
Don't stress about going to Disney. You have plenty of time.

In any case, even if you get tired, you can always take a coffee break and tell the rest of the family you'll meet them in half an hour or so. You don't have to walk every inch of the way with them.
 
@Pheebs52 I definitely need to pull out that shiny red box of patience for sure. I had forgotten how trying these few weeks are. I practiced driving up and down my driveway today. It’s definitely different with the right leg than it was with the left. Wasn’t pain free, but it’s doable. I don’t think I’m quite there yet though, unless it was an emergency. @Celle you’re right, I’m sure I won’t be able to keep up with my granddaughter, she’s an “energizer bunny”!
 
Take it easy, Jan. Sorry your knee was angry while practicing your driving. You will get there soon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Good for you jboles! At least you tried. I think I mentioned being in the car was difficult for me too...small amts of time are OK...but not more than 20 min. My husband took me out for a ride today, got some fresh air, even tho its 17 degrees the sun is shining and I found the cold invigorating. Now I'm back in the recliner, icing, elevating...
 
Jan, do you see the OS during your office visits most of the time or do you see Patrick?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
@AThom10731 I saw Patrick at my 2 week appointment and I’m seeing Dr. Pollock at my 6 week appointment. With my first knee I saw Dr. Pollock at the 6 week appointment. I didn’t see him again till I was in surgery for this knee. I was supposed to have had a 6 months appointment but I had surgery so they said they would just check them both at my 6 week appointment. Are you going back to one of the doctors in this practice?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom