Hinged Joint 8 month regression^

I echo everything Polkadot stated Tanya! 14 weeks is, unfortunately, just a small speck of time on this healing journey. I think most of us, if not all, have had many days where we felt just like you, but thankfully, they pass. And we improve with the passage of time.:-)

Personally, I was stuck at 90 degrees at 14 weeks and beyond and never thought I'd bend more. I was wrong!:-) Now, at 8.5 months, my flexion is about 130 degrees, and I didn't do anything extraordinary to get there. I went to PT for 14 weeks, but had a very gentle therapist. At home, I just did ADL's and rode my stationary bike each day, once I could actually do that; took awhile! Walking any distance always created discomfort at that stage, so I made a conscious decision to not engage in any behaviors that aggravated the situation. I think it was the right decision since just recently, I've *forgotten* I have a bionic knee.:-)

Please, don't listen to your dreary doctor; sheesh, talk about a downer. Just take each day as it comes and know, with 100% certainty, things will improve. They really can't help but improve at your stage. Hang in there!
 
Evening all,

I have TKR on 3rd November. I'm back at work full time which is difficult physically. I've noticed in past couple of weeks that I'm experiencing pins and needles in bottom of foot of operated leg. My calf muscle also really tight. Has anyone else experienced this sensation?
 
I feel your frustration!! Feeling somewhat the same. We just need to hang in there. :friends:
 
If I stand in one place with my weight on my right leg mostly, my foot and leg feel like they're going to sleep. Once I move it, I'm fine.
 
Hi @sistersinhim, thank you for your message. This is a continual thing. It starts in morning and gets worse as I do more. It doesn't matter if I sit or stand, it's still there. I know I shouldn't but been looking on google! It looks like it could be nerve damage.
 
I think you should call your doctor and get checked out. Google can be a good thing, and it can unnecessarily scare us, too.
 
Google is how I found Bonesmart!
 
I found Bonesmart on Google, too!
 
Hi All, just checking in. Am 21 weeks post op tomorrow. Am feeling more positive. Things have improved. I'm working full time. I'm back at gym three/four times per week (albeit reduced routine than prior op) and today I walked 13,000 steps. I have very little pain in knee. In fact most days are pain free. Today I have bit of pain but that's probably due to the walking I have done. It's strange having no pain when iced loved with it for so long.

Some of my mobility is still affected. I still can't cycle properly and cannot go down stairs. I think bend is at around 100 degrees and will not go any further. But I'm hopeful this will improve as I sometimes feel I have swapped pain fir more limited mobility. I was hugely active prior to operation.

I just want to say thank you to everyone here for your support. This operation led to a difficult recovery which included some very dark days. I couldn't of got through it without your support.

I still have some difficult days but onwards and upwards

Wishing everyone well on their journeys.
 
Please could an admin change my thread title to '21 week update-feeling postive'

Thank you :tada:
 
Yes, it took me well over a year to get full flexion. Biking did help loosen up my knee. I tended to do more biking than walking.
 
I'm so excited for you @Tanya!!! I remember when your OS said you would never go past 90!!!! I'm doing a happy dance!!!! I hope you are having a great weekend!!! big hugs!
 
Hello all,

Just wanted some advice as I seem to have regressed. I'm 8 months in and seemed to have regressed. My knee has lost the mobility and bend it did have and the pain has come back. I saw OS who advised that due to the numerous previous operations I have had he is not hopeful for anymore flexion. I had been doing so well but now if I sit for any length of time, I struggle to walk and my knee has given way. I have lost ability to go downstairs and I just feel like I'm carrying a dead weight.

And to top it all off, I have developed another Baker's cyst! I had one prior to operation which when after knee replacement. This one is just as big and more painful. I'm feeling so despondent.

Anyone had anything similar.

Please could title be changed to 8 month regression.
 
I’m sorry you feel as though you’ve regressed. Eight months still gives you lots of time as a full recovery can take a year or longer. I was still seeing changes and improvements at 18 months. But if you are unhappy with your surgeon’s advice you can look for a second opinion to see if there’s something he missed. @Josephine maybe able to help if you are willing to answer some questions for her.
 
Hi @KarriB thank you for your message. I think it's the step backwards that is worrying me. I am happy to answer any questions.
 
I'd really like to offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom